Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Titanium 1.6 - Collecting Tomorrow

ConfusedDaze

My friend gets a shock on my passenger side, I never do.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ConfusedDaze

• iNath

• jmbrown91

• Stoney871

Mostly i find it's to do with your footwear.

My work boots are fine because they're natural rubber soles but my civvy boots are carbon rubber (usually Vibram soles are) and i always get static with them.

Rubber mats do seem to help though.

Thanks for the tips guys I'll try to keep my footwear under a more careful watch ! Didn't do it today in the rain which was weird.

Another quesiton, I've counted six Speakers so far - two in the front + two in the back + two tweeters in the front doors - I was wondering if this is the standard amount for the Titanium (Sony Dab 2012) 1.6 3dr ?

Are there any reasonable/official upgrades - have I counted wrong - are there more ?

Any help on that would be cool :)

You'll all have to buy Uggs, you don't get shocks from them. :D Although i do when i wear trainers and its sunny! :huh:

Thanks for the tips guys I'll try to keep my footwear under a more careful watch ! Didn't do it today in the rain which was weird.

Another quesiton, I've counted six speakers so far - two in the front + two in the back + two tweeters in the front doors - I was wondering if this is the standard amount for the Titanium (Sony Dab 2012) 1.6 3dr ?

Are there any reasonable/official upgrades - have I counted wrong - are there more ?

Any help on that would be cool :)

yeah there's 6 Speakers in the titanium, although ETIS show's 8 Speakers theres only 6.

you can get speaker upgrades, I think ford sell Pioneer ones and you can also get an underseat sub. Could probably fit whatever brand you want in, as long as theyre the right size, though someone may correct me on that

Hey thanks for that - do you have a link at all to the upgrade kits and pricing ?

Thanks

Cheers mate - sent him an email and asked him if that'd work on my car, waiting for his reply.

Also found this :

http://www.fordeumicrosites.com/en-GB/all_model_catalogue/index.html

There's accessories for the Fiesta starting from page erh 12 - the MS daytime lights look nice - as do the aluminium sports pedals and Eibach springs - would the springs be a worthwile fit on a titanium with 16" alloys - does the titanium have different suspension settings to the zetec s ? if I want comfort (reason I chose titanium being in london) would the springs make it a harder ride along with lowering it ?

Fiesta wheels on page 44 although the only 17s they have aren't in black :( they do have some 16s in black

Anyway to the point - on Page 88 they list Pioneer speaker upgrades for the car - are they any good or am I better off spending my time looking elsewhere ?

They have loudspeakers and adapters and subwoofers listed - wondering how it all works ? :-s

Anyway thats all for now :D

Hey two more quick questions

1) Does the bluetooth actually turn off when you turn the stereo off ? That's a pretty crap setup if it is that way. Sometimes I don't actualy have the Sony unit on and it looks like bluetooth is turned off whilst the head unit is off - pretty shocking - am I right or is that a fault ?

2) The back of my passenger seat looks and feels a bit weird compared to the drivers seat - there's some weird double bumps in places and the whole top part of the actual seat balloons out a little bit in the middle, unlike the drivers seat which looks fine. Is this normal ?

I've attached a pic for what I'm talking about for point 2 - thanks in advance :)

qNCkU.jpg

What if I want to receive a call whilst I'm not listening to the radio or mp3s ?

Also any hints on the seat thing ?

Headunit off = Bluetooth off - why would it be any other way?

Yes it would have been better if Ford would have included , bluetooth active on IGN on and then auto start the stereo if an in coming call happens , only way round would be to place on CD and stop it playing

What if I want to receive a call whilst I'm not listening to the radio or mp3s ?

Also any hints on the seat thing ?

Then you turn on the the radio ;)

Not sure on the seat I'm afraid.

All the problems people have with their bluetooth, I'm so glad I have a Parrot system.

Ignition on - system on and the calls come through my Speakers whether the stereo is on or off.

Much less of a faff.

Yeah that sounds more logical to me. Was like that in all my other cars, the head unit being on or off didn't dictate whether the bluetooth would be on. Just seems really strange to me that's all. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

Can anyone look at their seats on a 3dr and tell me if the passenger side one has bad stiching like that (pick above) and a bluge near the top of the seat - wondering whether to just let it be or take it back to dealers for a look.

I don't think that's normal (the stitching).

Yeah I'm guessing its not - gonna take it in for them to have a look at - dunno if they'll make it better or worse.

I'll take a picture of the whole real to show the bulge at the top of the seat as well.

Hiya, so I went down today and took some pictures, here's the offending passenger seat :

qQ1Ff.jpg

So you can clearly see the weird double stitch and the bulge above there just below the headrest - was wondering if anyone elses passenger seat was like this.

I'll include my drivers seat for comparison :

tQAGP.jpg

I dunno if this makes it easier to notice the bulge or not anyway was wondering if anyone's is the same, if it's common I won't take it down the dealership for them to make it probably worse - it's not that big of a deal but I did buy the thing brand new and if its just shoddy workmanship I'd rather it got replaced.

Two other quickies :

1) The stereo - does this distort for people around the 17-19 area when the music has bass (dance etc)

2) I scratched the drivers side door pull on the interior (you can see it on the second photo the silver thing below the door handle), any tips for gettiing the scratch out ?

17 volume??? I only have mine on 5, no wonder it's distorting at 17...

Is that loud enough for you lol ?

17 volume??? I only have mine on 5, no wonder it's distorting at 17...

I have mine normally at 10 at highest unless using aux then it goes up to 14.

plenty loud enough for me. :P

I usually set bass to 2 and treble to 5 and get results that suit me.

A lot of problems with distortion are caused by the fact that factory fit Speakers tend to be boggo standard things which are really only there to do a job, and not necessarily that well.

A speaker upgrade is advisable to improve the range and quality of the sound system.

Yeah gonna get down my local car audio installer and see what he can do for me, been using him a while now so I know he's ok. Just see how much for a full speaker replace and take it from there.

Any ideas on that passenger seat ?

Looks like the inner foam has dropped.

I would reckon it's in need of replacement.

Cool bro - gonna go to dealers and see what they say - I'm guessing it came like that from the factory.

Thanks

Wow what a beauty! Your lucky. My mate has one and when I was taking it out for a test drive, I was genuinely suprised at just how agile the car was. It's quite nippy and more space than it appears from the outside. A great car to own in my opinion.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club