#1 Nooby

Nooby

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Cmax
  • Year: 2007

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I have water logged carpets in the passenger well and also in the rear well behind the passenger seat. I've pulled back the carpets at the front but its not easy to remove them. I've poured water over the windscreen and doors but can't see any water actually coming in. I read that the same thing happened to another C Max owner in Jan and a number of suggestions were made such as the pollen filter, rear windscreen blockage in the pipe, air con issue, faulty door or windscreen seals but the owner didn't report on what had caused the problem, If anyone has had a similar problem and managed to resolve it with the minimum of expense, I would love to hear from you. I'm worried the water might affect the electrics too! Thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,023 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

you really need to trace the location of the leak, check all the ceiling to ensure theres no damp or wet patches, then check all around the door car, the sills etc and ensure there is no watermarks... If its affecting the rear, it sounds like the sills could be warped letting water in both ways...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users