Hassen

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 552 posts
  • Name: Hassen
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 2.5 1.6TDCI 2010
  • Year: 2010

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

I like the idea of the QR code link. That would be pretty sweet if you can get it working.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#92 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,418 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Todays update:

Ford l.e.d tail light units finally arrived from ford,the manufacture date stamp is 18/04/13
They were built nine days after I placed my order with european-parts in germany I've been waiting almosr a month but well worth the wait, ive also got a fitting guide for these is here:
http://www.fordowner...-mk25/?p=259053

Here are some images:

IMG_20130508_202130_zpsd6b6d25c.jpg

IMG_20130508_202245_zpsb1a22605.jpg

IMG_20130508_225457_zps159cb7e9.jpg

IMG_20130508_225422_zps2e41b1e9.jpg

IMG_20130508_225346_zps1400b04c.jpg

IMG_20130511_232733_zps76bd9463.jpg

IMG_20130511_232813_zps952f86f4.jpg

IMG_20130511_233018_zpsa8050fc2.jpg

#93 b4zz

b4zz

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Name: Barry
  • Ford Model: facelift focus zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

im liking the led tail lights.

do they just plug straight in or have you got to change any wires or anything.

#94 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,418 posts
Contributor

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

im liking the led tail lights.
do they just plug straight in or have you got to change any wires or anything.

Thanks Barry,
Straight swap mate, just unplug the existing unit and plug in the led.
No stripping cables, no tape nothing extra required when fitting to 08-10 facelift model.
I've created a fitting guide: http://www.fordowner...-mk25/?p=259053

#95 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

lenny mate the cars looking amazing
the led rear lights look the business
be better if they was smoked/black units though lol

EDIT: removed plug ;)

#96 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,418 posts
Contributor

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

lenny mate the cars looking amazing

the led rear lights look the business

be better if they was smoked/black units though lol

if theres wasnt a risk of it being damaged in transit i'd sell you a rear heated privacy glass windscreen to finish the back end off

would work better than tinting it cause a tint film would damage the rear screens heating element should you remove it

Thanks mate,
I was looking at a smoked tint film for over the rear lights but I don't want to effect the surface in the event of the tint not working correctly,
I plan to have the side and rear windows tinted next week or before the end of the month,
I am aware that if removing it can break the element lines in the heater on the rear window but I like risk ;)
I love the way you compliment my car then plug your own item too mate lol

#97 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

Those LED lights are class. Don't think I've ever seen a set myself, but even in photos the difference in output looks amazing.

Would love to fit a set of these myself, but think (cos I'm a cheapskate!) that I might have a go at upgrading to 2.5 clear lights first and maybe wire in additional LED strips as per a guide on here. Local breakers got a facelift in recently (good of them to let me know as I asked in the past to be kept informed in case I wanted to gleen a few upgrades off it!) so thinking about taking a look over the weekend. At least that way I could already have a facelift loom conversion made up if I did decide to go for the LED versions down the line.

Think them being clear works well against the silver body too, tinted rear screen will finish it off nicely.

Think removing tint is safe enough re the elements, as long as it's done properly and car taken (I'm sure you've seen Mighty Mods episode on how NOT to do it!).

A previous owner of my car removed tints, badly, and left a layer of glue on the back three windows, which I didn't even notice til a back seat passenger touched it! Took me a lot of time and elbow grease and trialling many different solutions to get it off, but I got careless when using a blade on the rear screen and nicked a few of the heater element lines. Need to get this touched up as after using the rear screen de-mister since it has left scorch marks on the screen. Marks wiped off no probs and I haven't used it since, but I'd say it'd burn through any tint film applied...which is another reason I've decided to go for blinds instead! ;)

#98 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Thanks mate,
I was looking at a smoked tint film for over the rear lights but I don't want to effect the surface in the event of the tint not working correctly,
I plan to have the side and rear windows tinted next week or before the end of the month,
I am aware that if removing it can break the element lines in the heater on the rear window but I like risk ;)
I love the way you compliment my car then plug your own item too mate lol

sorry Lenny mate there was no plug intended

i've edited my original post :)

was just saying it would be a good mod if you actually could source a screen over your side of the pond

i was actually thinking of gary when i said it as it happens cause i knew he had this very problem removing the tint glue from his rear screen as he just said above

#99 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,418 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

Those LED lights are class. Don't think I've ever seen a set myself, but even in photos the difference in output looks amazing.
Think them being clear works well against the silver body too, tinted rear screen will finish it off nicely.
Think removing tint is safe enough re the elements, as long as it's done properly and car taken (I'm sure you've seen Mighty Mods episode on how NOT to do it!).
A previous owner of my car removed tints, badly, and left a layer of glue on the back three windows, which I didn't even notice til a back seat passenger touched it! Took me a lot of time and elbow grease and trialling many different solutions to get it off, I've decided to go for blinds instead! ;)

Thanks Gary i did see the mighty mods video lol
And I don't intend on ever removing the tint once applied, also the blinds are excellent, I had them fitted once but the only reason I didn't keep them is because I have a 5 door and when the rear windows were down the blind began to shake,
But on a 3 door they won't have that one and only problem I found.
Here is the focus with blinds fitted:
Image1820.jpg
Image1821.jpg
Image1824.jpg

The mk2.5 you mentioned sounds good too mate, nice of the breakers to contact you about it,
I'll keep an eye on your build thread for some updates across the week in the event you find anything worth removing from it.

sorry Lenny mate there was no plug intended
i've edited my original post :)
was just saying it would be a good mod if you actually could source a screen over your side of the pond
i was actually thinking of gary when i said it as it happens cause i knew he had this very problem removing the tint glue from his rear screen as he just said above

No prob Charlie mate,
I was just having a laugh about you plugging the tinted rear window,
Thanks for the offer but I'll go with tint.

#100 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,418 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Update:
I had arranged a service and fitting of lowering springs for last Thursday at my local Ford dealership,
Unfortunately this didn't happen as planned due to the previous Monday being a Bank Holiday,
My wages was delayed 24hrs

So I managed to get a booking with Ford for Friday morning instead.
Changed fuel filter, pollen filter,brake fluid, Glow plugs, cleaned brake drums aswell as the standard service.
Arrived in Ford at 11:35am Service Complete at 2pm
Fouth service complete.

IMG_20130508_201500_zpsb2fbc071.jpg

I had booked for lowering on the same day but the ford etis system says it will take a total time of 3.5hrs to replace all four springs from start to finish and since it was then 3pm and they finish at 6pm sadly there wasn't enough time to complete.
So I've booked lowering for next week instead, they wrote on the back of the service invoice that lowering will take 3.5hrs @ 75.00 per hour exc. VAT@23%
End result with discount given; its costing 240.00 to get the lowering kit fitted next week,
He said if it takes longer than 3.5hrs then there's no extra charge so I'm happy with that;
I was disapointed that it didn't get lowerd this week but its certainly being done next week. :)

Expecting DMB Graphics delivery to arrive early next week, consisting of two 14" grey website decals "www.FordOwnersClub.com" to fit on the bottom of the rear side windows just above the sills the day before FordFair,
Also in the delivery will be Ford GT style side stripes in Graphite grey to match the rear diffuser section.

Going to call the local automotive tint application expert tomorrow and arrange tinting aswell as stripe fitting for next Friday or any day onwards from then when available to do it, hopfully won't cost be too much as the service&lowering went over budget, if the tint goes over too then I'm screwed.

Took some time yesterday to polish up the exhaust tips, came out better than expected.

IMG_20130511_233151_zps6dfad767.jpg

I like the idea of the QR code link. That would be pretty sweet if you can get it working.

Finally this week:
I've purchased 2 QR Code decals from here: http://www.ebay.ie/i...984.m1497.l2649
They can print them in various colours aswell as for internal or external application.
I've requested one for internal application to fit in the windscreen above my tax disc to be scanned from outside through the window,
And an external application one to fit on the lower corner of the rear window as it will be tinted,
Both QR decals will link to this build thread,
I don't have a smart phone personally but I'll find someone who does to confirm the link functions correctly lol.

#101 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
Contributor

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Clever idea Lenny!

It's a shame I can't get to FordFair this year!

Post a pic of the QR code here and I'll check it for you if you like!!

#102 b4zz

b4zz

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

liking the sound of the lowering and the code thing fella.

look forwred to seeing some pics and I just booked my car in to have the rear windows tinted on saterday

#103 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,418 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Clever idea Lenny!
It's a shame I can't get to FordFair this year!
Post a pic of the QR code here and I'll check it for you if you like!!

Will do Dave cheers mate,
I won't be attending fordfair at silverstone,
I'm going to Causeway Coast Ford Fair in portrush Co.Antrim on 02nd June

liking the sound of the lowering and the code thing fella.
look forward to seeing some pics and I just booked my car in to have the rear windows tinted on saterday

Thank Barry,
I'll update on Thursday with pictures,
Phoned my local tint expert today and left a message, awaiting response and hoping to get tinted any day from Friday onwards,
Id like 35% rear and 25% front doors,
What percentage you going for mate?

#104 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,474 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
Contributor

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

I am looking forward to see how the tinting goes lenny, want to get mine done aswell but finding a good place isn't easy, tints with bubbles and dirt look tacky as crap!

Edited by mixmasterlooney, 19 May 2013 - 04:29 PM.
Language please, even though we have a swear filter, the mods can still see it.

#105 b4zz

b4zz

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Will do Dave cheers mate,
I won't be attending fordfair at silverstone,
I'm going to Causeway Coast Ford Fair in portrush Co.Antrim on 02nd June
Thank Barry,
I'll update on Thursday with pictures,
Phoned my local tint expert today and left a message, awaiting response and hoping to get tinted any day from Friday onwards,
Id like 35% rear and 25% front doors,
What percentage you going for mate?

well i want as factory looks as possible so he is going to show me the tints they have got before they put them on so will see what I think and once its done I will post up pics.

only having the rear of the car done as here in wales its illegal to have the drivers/passenger windows tinted.

had all my fiesta windows done and the police pounded my car and cost me 150 to get it back out so wount be cought like that again lol.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users