Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Key Fob

joeyanne

Hi,

I am new so please bare with me. :unsure: My original remote central locking key fob is broken inside. So I've bought a second hand one off of eBay. I have the original 2 keys. How do I get the old key with the new remote fob bit together to start the engine? I've done something or another to get them both connected to lock and unlock the car but just can't start the engine. The second spare key starts it fine. Can somebody somewhere please, please give me a step by step instruction on what to do to make the car work with original key/blade and the new remote fob bit. THANK YOU

Oh and I don't have a 'man about the house' that can help me. Thanks again

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the family - where abouts in Kent are you?

As for the key, so you bought a donor key, took the transmitter off it and plugged it into your own key - is that right? if it is and you paired it and it unlocks your car, great, all you need to do is look to remove the immobiliser chip from your original key and transplant it!

hiya

I'm in Westerham Kent ( near Sevenoaks ) how do I do that? All the wiring thing inside my old fob is loose and has come away from the actual black casing. In other words the whole thing is in bits. I took it to a motor spares shop to get a new battery and came out with a broken fob! Even though I did kick up a bit of a 'stink' they weren't having any of it. I wont write what I came away saying! :whistling::lol: I've managed to get the new fob to recognise the cenral locking.... not quite sure how ?!?! I can start the car with the spare key and if I take it out quick enough n put the original main key with new fob it kinda goes to start-the engine turns over- but wont do so enough to be able to drive. If that makes sense?? I've rtied doing it gear as you would if the battery is a bit flat? or something like that.

So in a nutshell I really need help in getting the key n fob to work properly together... Please

The immobiliser chip is seperate to the button side of the key.

Use the old battery housing (with chip attached) with the new locking section and all should be fine.

The reason the car won't quite start as you put it is because without the transponder chip the car immobilises the fuel pump.

I think I understand?? But it's the green wiring bit in the old fob that is completely busted. So how will I get it to work in the new fob?.

Ok so I may be driving you guys nuts. But yes I'm a women and this is a car we're talking about................ I admit defeat I'm just not getting it. I could really do with a step by step instruction on what to do you know the sort.? 1,2,3 a.b.c oh and the colours of things

You have 3 parts to the key-

1, blade

2, button section

3, battery section

Use the old battery section, old blade and new button section.

Inside the battery section is a small glass tube, this is the immobiliser transponder.

You need this for the car to start.

The button side is for the central locking and has nothing to do with the starting of the car.

On the mk1 if you open the old fob and the new one on the old fob youll see a small glass transponder poking out very carefully this needs removed from the old fob and put into the new fob once this is done it will start the car

Thank you all for your A,B,Cs and 1,2,3s :D . I'm going to try this in a minute. But be warned all I may need an ultra quick response as to how to turn the bl**dy alarm off next!! haha. I will let you guys know the outcome later. Just be ready! :D :D :D :D Thanks again.

Jo x

If need be take the original key and put it in the ignition dont switch on but turn the key from 0 to position 2 6 times quickly you will get a beep now press the original fob button any one then quickly press the second fob button you should get a beep switch off the ignition and the programming is done test it by locking the car with the new fob

If your alarm sounds put your fully working key in the ignition, turn to the second notch and it will silence it.

If the alarm sounds the new fob isnt programned try the above it should sort it

Hi

This is Jo's daughter Sam here, ive been out in the car with my mum throughout this whole process, shes getting a little confused now... We have tried what you have advised her to do, as you know the guy in the shop that 'changed' her battery in her key broke it, we have put the new button side on the key and kept the battery side the same, its not the battery as that is working perfectly in the key she bought off of eBay, ive since opened up both keys to compare them to see if there was any obvious differences and on the old key that the guy in the shop broke I noticed theres a 'prong' missing that sits against the gold plates on the green chip to work the key... whats the best way forward now? my mum took the key back into the shop in dunton green the day he broke it and he wasn't admitting it.. but it worked before she handed it over to him the battery was just low. Thanks for your help. Sam

hi all,

between the combination of the new fob n original key. 1 combi does the remote central locking and 1 starts the engine. I just can't get it to work both together - lock and ignition!

Sounds like the wrong immobiliser chip is in the right key?

Hi James

Thank you for your help. I guess you read my daughters post? With ref' to your last reply. Can you advise me as to what I do next? Baring in mind a 'prong' in one of the battery sides looks like it's missing.. I could be wrong. But that what it looks like to me. Thanks again

Any offers now as to how to resolve the above possible issue? by the very helpful James. Assuming all have read my daughters

above comment? Not too sure if this ( the 'prongs' ) is supposed to be different in each fob though ? Thanks

is the bad prong in the good key (the one you want to keep) or the bad key?

Basically, you need to swap the immobiliser chips over from the old key that your getting rid of, and implant it into the new key.

Its been discussed here too: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/50269-focus-2002-key-fob-question/ with some pictures to see if that helps you out :)

There are some pcui

:D :D :D :D :D

Basically, you need to swap the immobiliser chips over from the old key that your getting rid of, and implant it into the new key.

Its been discussed here too: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/50269-focus-2002-key-fob-question/ with some pictures to see if that helps you out :)

There are some pcui

Hi James,

Right firstly what does the pcui mean. The dodgy 'prong' is on the original fob on the battery side. The green bit is the bit that's completely come away from the black casing bit that has got the buttons on it. So................ What next? Jeez this is becoming REALLY difficult. All this just to save a couple a bob on not taking it to ford main dealers. I will sort this.... with your help? ^_^ Thank you so much for your help so far. Shame you're not a neighbour. I'd just whip it round and bat my eyes :D :D :D

There are some pcui

Right I've had a look at the link you gave me. I think I've got it ??I have to keep the new fob complete and take the 'bulb' out of the old fob and new one?...... And put the old 'bulb' into the new fob? Please tell me I'm right :o . If I am what do I do to make it work both the central locking and the ignition? I take you haven't forgot through all this I only have the two original keys/blades 1 being the remote and 2 the spare

Right, lets get this sorted out for you.

First let's confirm the current situation-

You have a complete key with a broken circuit board and battery terminals?

You have a new key fob that works the central locking but not the immobiliser?

You have an existing key blade (horseshoe) from the original key fob?

I'll go through everything you need to do so that the key is 100% working for immobiliser and ignition.

Right, start with the original key and it's parts-

post-28494-0-31939900-1388507722_thumb.j

To remove the immobiliser chip from the duff fob use a small screwdriver and push carefully at the base of the rubber piece covering the chip, the chip will slide out.

I am assuming that the replacement key fob also has a chip in it but is not programmed to the car, remove that one the same way and put aside so as not to mix them up.

Slide the original chip into the new fob ensuring the end with the copper coil is outwards as per the picture.

post-28494-0-98921700-1388508114_thumb.j

Assemble the new fob and clip on the original key blade.

Try starting the car.

If the key does not lock/unlock the car remotely then you can programme it this way-

1. INSERT ANY KEY INTO IGNITION
  1. TURN IGNITION SWITCH FROM POSITON 1 TO POSITION II, 4 TIMES
    WITHIN 6 SECONDS, FINISHING AT POSITION 1, THE SYSTEM WILL CHIME /
    BLEEP
  1. WITHIN 10 SECONDS PRESS AND HOLD ANY BUTTON ON THE REMOTE
    KEY FOB, THE SYSTEM WILL CHIME / BLEEP WITHIN 10 SECONDS PRESS
    BUTTON ON ANY OTHER REMOTE TO BE PROGRAMMED.
  1. TURN IGNITION TO POSITION II FOR 10 SECONDS
  1. TURN IGNITON OFF AND REMOVE KEYS
  1. TEST REMOTE KEY FOB

Saying that you stated you hold two original keys?

If the new fob has an immobiliser chip in it then you can do the job even easier.

Reassemble the old broken key.

Reassemble the new key, I assume no blade for it?

Take your original and new keys to the car.

Take first original key and put in ignition.

Turn from I to II and back (do not start car)

Remove key

Take second original key and do same

Take new key fob, quickly swap the key blade to it from the broken fob.

Put into ignition.

Turn from I to II and leave it, the immobiliser light should go out.

Turn key and try starting the car.

If all ok then if you need to programme the fob for central locking then follow the instructions as per my previous post

Sorry, it was a busy day! Clive seems to have hit just about everything you needed to know! :)

:lol: O.M.G! O.M.G! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OH MY YOU DON'T KNOW HOW EXCITED I AM :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DANCING AND SINGING FROM THE ROOF TOPS

THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH ESPECIALLY CLIVE AND JAMES FOR YOUR PATIENCE, 123s, ABCs & PICTURES.

I NOW HAVE A FULLY WORKING REMOTE KEY.............. GENIUS

Ha ha I may be blonde but damn I'm good!! (with a 'little' help from you guys of course)

Yaaaaaaaaay whoop whoop.

I'm outta here Thanks again xx

Glad to see you got it sorted, however, dont leave us! stick around and take more from us! we want your Focus tarted up and with more mods on than this website can hold :p

ha ha ha ha ha The only extras my car will ever have is dirt and more dirt! :P :P :P :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club