84 replies to this topic

#16 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

This is good to know - just ordered one, having already bought an extra USB - dock connector lead from the Apple store!

Does anyone use the iPhone 3G with their Fiesta? What's the word on interference on the stereo when a call comes in? Is there any?

i use an iPhone 3G with mine and works perfect! When a call comes it it says incoming call: then the name. Then gives your a choice to accept or reject.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

Thanks Nipz - you mean the call info is displayed on the car's screen? That's a bonus if so.

#18 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

Thanks Nipz - you mean the call info is displayed on the car's screen? That's a bonus if so.

Yea it sure is!

I find that my phone rings once before the car picks it up which is good if your listening to music loud so you have a chance to turn it down so when the call ends the music doesnt scary you off the road!!

#19 EzzyRallyBoy

EzzyRallyBoy

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Ford Model: Owner of a 3dr Black 1.6Ti-vct Titanium
Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

Sorry fellas new to the forum and just been reading that if you only have the jack plug you can't control your Aux music device from the steering wheel !!!!! - Oh no ......... - We ordered a Titanium with no extras so won't have a USB - I don't want bluetooth or voice activation, can I just order the USB on its own ??

#20 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

Sorry fellas new to the forum and just been reading that if you only have the jack plug you can't control your Aux music device from the steering wheel !!!!! - Oh no ......... - We ordered a Titanium with no extras so won't have a USB - I don't want bluetooth or voice activation, can I just order the USB on its own ??

Its all or nothing im afraid.

#21 Cheeky Daz

Cheeky Daz

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

I have just spoken to my Ford dealer about the cable and he is unwilling to throw the cable in for free. He also claims I am the first person to ask about it. The dealership also houses Daihatsu & Kia and he tells me that Kia have a very similar cable which he says would be cheaper. I notice earlier in this thread though that it is generally believed that only the Ford cable will work - any thoughts?

#22 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:45 AM

I have just spoken to my Ford dealer about the cable and he is unwilling to throw the cable in for free. He also claims I am the first person to ask about it. The dealership also houses Daihatsu & Kia and he tells me that Kia have a very similar cable which he says would be cheaper. I notice earlier in this thread though that it is generally believed that only the Ford cable will work - any thoughts?

People have tried other cables and they dont work. Cant believe hes not willing to through it in for free!!

#23 WelshAde

WelshAde

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Name: Adrian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S - Black
  • Year: 2010

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:01 AM

mine wont either, they just look at me with a blank stare lol

i see them on ebay for about 20 now so ill get one there

#24 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

Has anyone with the USB port tried putting in one of those memory sticks with music on it and does that work as I was thinking of buying one of those for use in the car so I can leave it in the car (in the glovebox) rather than my iPod, or buying another iPod in green to match the car?

#25 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

Has anyone with the USB port tried putting in one of those memory sticks with music on it and does that work as I was thinking of buying one of those for use in the car so I can leave it in the car (in the glovebox) rather than my iPod, or buying another iPod in green to match the car?

Yea Keith using the USB drive for all his music.

Best to ask him about the folder structure though :)

#26 DanGull

DanGull

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

Paul we think along same lines. I'd much rather have a USB stick plugged in permanently than the chance that I might leave my iPhone on display!

If Keith appears or if anyone else knows - can the Fiesta read AAC files from a memory stick as well as MP3 files? I don't want to have to convert my entire library to MP3...is it Mac friendly?

#27 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

Paul we think along same lines. I'd much rather have a USB stick plugged in permanently than the chance that I might leave my iPhone on display!

If Keith appears or if anyone else knows - can the Fiesta read AAC files from a memory stick as well as MP3 files? I don't want to have to convert my entire library to MP3...is it Mac friendly?

I believe you can play AAC files.

#28 chrisp

chrisp

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

I believe you can play AAC files.

I am also wanting to know the folder structure required. Thinking of just getting fave tunes off ipod using a ipod ripping program, that piuts them into itunes folders, would the steering wheel be able to navigate through these or the console in the car? x

#29 DanGull

DanGull

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

Keith kindly sent me a message. It seems MP3 files only, no AAC.

Chris, I'd be inclined to copy your iTunes folder to another hard drive, convert to MP3 if necessary and then copy what you want into specially labeled folders on the memory stick.

I'm just going to plug the iPhone in after all!

#30 Dickie Boy

Dickie Boy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: 2009 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 TDCi Panther Black
Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hi I have voice activation/bluetooth set up but only with 3mm line in. Can I get this converted to a usb in? Cheers
Richard

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (3)