Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Number Plate Leds

ed12

Evening all!

My Festoon style LEDs keep dying due to water ingress, I resorted to silicone sealant around the LEDs to try and stop this but they still stop working!

These arrived this morning...

http://goo.gl/62Jh7m

Now my question is, are these TOO bright and a potential 'pull me' for the law? I enjoy a nice set of LEDs as much as the next man ;) but I know if you need to ask the question it usually means it isn't legal! I have no black tape at the minute to attempt restrict some of the light and really do not want to go back to bulbs, what do you think?

Taken with my phone so the quality is a bit naff, the number plate is fully legible in person.

post-37373-0-81644900-1391885634_thumb.j

post-37373-0-02157000-1391885638_thumb.j

post-37373-0-82667100-1391885641_thumb.j

post-37373-0-31155600-1391885646_thumb.j

Dont think you would get pulled for bright number plate lights its makes ur plates easier to read at night. Personally i went for these http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/111259038615?nav=SEARCH they give a nice white colour like yours but are only as bright as the normal bulbs so look more oem

Those look like a good job! Very OEM looking! I wonder if you could wire an inline dimmer unit to bring the light intensity down a bit if you where worried about brightness!

I would presume out of stock but want the ad :)... Those won't fit on a MK2/2.5 focus will they!? Mine is a different shape.

I would presume out of stock but want the ad :)... Those won't fit on a MK2/2.5 focus will they!? Mine is a different shape.

Can you see the link okay?

Yeah yours must be festoon shape by the looks of it where mine are side light bulbs i think :s I have a 2010 mk2.5

I have continued with my silicone sealant attack on these and now they are sealed units. All of my old festoon style ones (heatspreader ones, canbus ones, normal no fancy bits ones) have all got insanely hot, so will see how these go!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club