22 replies to this topic

#16 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

Thanks Keith, i never thought about using a USB stick. Think i'll try it out.

Just make sure it's formatted in FAT32 before you put your MP3's on or else the car won't read it.

I usually have the folders named " x artist - x album" with the MP3,s inside, do this for each album and it makes it easier to navigate.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Chewy30

Chewy30

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta titanium 1.6 TDCI (march 09)

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

Im having problems connecting my iPhone 3gs to my fiesta. I've bought the y cable from the ford dealer and it worked perfectly for the first couple of times.
But now when I plug in my iPhone it comes up with a message saying activate airplane mode. If I click no my fiesaa picks up the iPhone and can play all my music. But sometimes when I connect my phone it doesn't come up with any message and car won't find my iPhone.
I have tried unplugging cable, turnin off stereo, turning off and restarting engine and non work. I have to leave car a few hours an then it sometimes decides it wants to work when I reconnect iPhone.

Has anyone got the same problem or any solutions?
Also does anyones dash (under stereo controls/climate control) make a whirring noise like a worn out fan?

I've got a ford fiesta titanium 1.6 TDCI (march 09 build)
bluetooth and handfree
climate control
keyless entry and power start button
titanium x pack

Cheers

#18 dannyhilton

dannyhilton

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Zetec 3-Door

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

Ok so this is actually something I can assist people with. Being such an Apple fan, I too experience this issue.

This issue is part Ford and part Apple. If your Fiesta has Bluetooth, you will notice every time your stereo is on your iPod function on your iPhone will be playing music. This is an Apple issue, and all cars with Bluetooth experience this. Apple deny that the problem exists, but so many people all around the world have this.

Your issue with your iPhone not playing music is a Ford problem. Because the Fiesta can play both via Bluetooth and the USB function via the Y Cable, it gets confused with what function to use. By default, whatever function is active first will play for a few seconds, that is if your iPhone is connected via USB it will play for a few seconds until the Bluetooth kicks in and all of a sudden the music stops, but it says the song is still playing. You need to open iPod on your iPhone, press 'Ford Audio' right at the bottom, and then select 'Dock Connector.' This will enable you to play music through your iPhone via USB and control it with your steering wheel functions. This works sometimes, as again the unit can get confused with the Bluetooth. iPhone doesn't know where to send the signal. Sometimes it'll display the song as playing, but it's not playing, sometimes just freezes and says the song is something like 18 hours long.

Best way? Turn your can to accessories, wait for Bluetooth to connect, then connect your iPhone. That way your saying to the iPhone and Ford Audio to override the Bluetooth song playing, and use iPhone via a Dock Connection. You will have full control with Voice Control, you're able to access playlists and control your iPhone via the steering wheel. This will work 99% of the time. You can still make and receive calls, sometimes it won't connect after though, you need to open your iPhone, select iPod and made sure it's connection via Dock. If this fails, disconnect and then reconnect. Make sure however that your in the Radio function before disconnecting.

Now when it says 'This device is not made for iPhone' select 'No' and continue as usual. You may need to change the connection method in iPod (Ford Audio or Dock connector are your options here).

iPhone has a few issue with all Bluetooth modules, but after you get used to the behaviour of the iPhone and the Ford Audio unit, you're fine. Please do not hesitate to ask a question if you guys need some help. Others have helped me many times so I'm more than happy to assist. :)

GOOD LUCK!

#19 simps100

simps100

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:51 PM

If i were to be naughty and jailbroke my iphone and disabled streaming over bluetooth, would this work better do you think?

#20 dannyhilton

dannyhilton

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Zetec 3-Door

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:38 AM

Not worth it IMHO. Just learn the habits of your iPhone and Ford Audio and it'll work a treat. As others have said, a USB stick is a perfect fix to all these issues! I have plenty in my car.

#21 SJE

SJE

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

Hi guys,

Am thinking of upgrading to the new iphone 3GS - but before I do... does anyone know if this is compatible with a 2009 Fiesta for bluetooth/hands free/voice control, as I would be pretty narked if I couldn't use my steering wheel voice activate button! You come to rely on these things. Please help. Thanks,
Sarah

#22 Barky

Barky

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium, X Pack, Dress Up Kit

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:12 AM

Hi guys,

Am thinking of upgrading to the new iphone 3GS - but before I do... does anyone know if this is compatible with a 2009 Fiesta for bluetooth/hands free/voice control, as I would be pretty narked if I couldn't use my steering wheel voice activate button! You come to rely on these things. Please help. Thanks,
Sarah

The new iPhone 4G should be out in the next few months so it might be worth waiting for that.
Also a software update should also be out for all the iphone's soon so hopefully that might fix the ipod automatically playing on the phone when connecting to the cars bluetooth.
Sorry i only have the 3G myself but i was thinking of upgrading like you but i'm going to hang on until July (ish) for newer phone

#23 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:52 PM

I used to use my iPhone 3G to stream music via Bluetooth but now i use an old iPod connected via the Ford Y Cable and have a HTC Desire to take calls, etc through the bluetooth. It all works fine now but I used to have all sorts of problems when using my iPhone 3G, when my mate gets in the car his iPhone automatically starts playing music to the car even if that source isnt selected which is very annoying for his battery life :unsure:

EDIT: The 'iPhone 4G' is getting announced at WWDC in June and should be out in July for anyone interested

Edited by Chris Ecc, 29 May 2010 - 01:53 PM.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users