Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone chipped their 2016+ Edge yet?

Mike's living on the Edge

I found a company called Racechip that do a really cool looking chip unit for the Edge. I called them and they do work on the new European models apparently. I'm tempted by the additional horse power but a little worried about the warranty. 

Not sure if I should wait for the warranty to expire before committing?

Anyone else chipped their Edge? If so, what did you buy?

I have thought about this but, a few things concern me:

Car is under warranty until December 2019.

Will anything happen to the "Chipping" during a service, i.e. a software update.

Will my Insurance be void in the event of accident claim.

There’s an issue going on at the moment on the Focus RS Forum. Engine blown- mods on the car and Ford saying they won’t fix the engine under warranty. 

I personally wouldn’t rush it until the warranty runs out. 

Well, just unplug it before you take it into the Dealer.....................................

Easily done, even at the side of the road.

After your RS has blown up it gives you something to do whilst waiting for the recovery truck to arrive.

H

I’m sure the diagnostics would record the fact that the car has been chipped or at least that some settings were changed, even if you took the chip out ?

Fortunately not. In reality these plug in tuning boxes just alter the fuel rail pressure which gives an increase in power. They do this though in a very controlled manner. You also get better MPG because you don't have to drive so hard to get a given performance.

A re-map though, does change the software on the vehicle and is detectable.

For this reason a tuning box is better.

H

• Thanks 1

Hi,

If anyone needs any help with insurance for a chip then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. The box I was looking at is the plug-in type rather than the re-map. 

I am concerned about the warranty though... so will wait until that has expired. I bought the Edge specifically to have a car that was under warranty and reasonably reliable.. I was driving a Land Rover Discovery out of warranty prior to it and things got really expensive!

In the meantime, if I do win the lottery, I'll ship a 3.5l V6 in from the  U.S. 😄

1 hour ago, Mike's living on the Edge said:

Thanks for the replies. The box I was looking at is the plug-in type rather than the re-map. 

I am concerned about the warranty though... so will wait until that has expired. I bought the Edge specifically to have a car that was under warranty and reasonably reliable.. I was driving a Land Rover Discovery out of warranty prior to it and things got really expensive!

In the meantime, if I do win the lottery, I'll ship a 3.5l V6 in from the  U.S. 😄

Just take it off beforehand if you need to visit a dealer.

H

• 3 weeks later...

fitted a Racechip RS yesterday, very simple install as both boost value and CRD sensor at front of the engine, first impressions are very good, good response at lower revs and pulls very cleanly through the range, even my average MPG started to creep up, my cars only done 800 miles and will start to monitor the mpg from now on. tried sport mode on the Racechip and could definitely feel the extra poke, its currently sitting on top of the fuse box may find another place for it but seems ok there for the moment.

IMG_4776.jpg

2018-06-01_11-35-41.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club