Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help needed p0238 p007d

wildey2208

Hi sorry to just join and jump straight in with and issue just purchased a 1.6 ecoboost 180 61 plate mk3 (is it) after spending a year driving a ecoboost 1.0 125bhp which all in was a nice little run around no issues at all so being the wrong side of 40 decided i wanted a zetec s 1.6 ecoboost 180 purchased privately only after a week its gone in to limp mode engine malfunction service now purchased icarsoft i920 scanner from online market place scanned car and it chucked up p0238 p007d first code read as turbo boost sensor a circuit high second as generic cleared codes eml went out drove car sluggish to say the least turned off restarted eml back on so i went out and replaced map sensor as thats what internet said (must say WAY cheaper at ford than euro parts place)  but the eml jumped straight back on car drives just seems like no boost (compared to my 1.0 125 its like a snail) re read fault codes p0238 back and so is p007d  50k on the clock ENGINE MALFUNCTION service NOW ILLUMINATED . I will say i am prepared to spend to rectify as i like the ride based in Wolverhampton west mids just in case anyone with proper fault finding experience equipment ha s any input thanks in advance daz

could be boost control valve sensor apparently. This could be causing the other code to pop up as a seconary issue relating to the control valve.

Okay is the boost control valve not the map sensor (be gentle) as thats what internet told me it was the absolute manifold pressure sensor (map) if not where is the boost control valve sensor and valve located on a 1.6 petrol thanks

turns out that for some reason the boost control sensor on inter cooler wasn't plugged in so just over 250£ in parts to find out when stripping to replace inter cooler sensor (map/boost control)  that a plug had come undone thanks

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nice one, glad you got it sorted. Shame it was a bit of a pricy fix.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, 

Any chance you could take a photo of the sensor? I'm seeing conflicting information regarding a boost sensor and a MAP sensor so I want to know if I have got the right one :)! 

Cheers, 

Baz 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club