Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka buyers guide?

dtulip8

My sister is looking to buy a Mk1 Ka as her first car. Could people please tell me what to look out for, which trim levels get you what, the difference between the two 1.3's and anything else to look out for.  Unlike when I bought my Focus, I have no idea about anything with the car other than the rust issues as this isn't my car so I've not bothered to research. Thanks in advance.

the mk1 ka's are getting  bit old now. so corrosion esp round the fuel filler neck. corroded outer sills corrosion anywhere underneath, floor, inner sills, up round rear subframe mounting points. 

front suspension lower arm bushes , anti roll bar links, drive shaft boots, leaking/seized rear brake wheel cylinders, rear wheel bearings. 

both engines are cam chain driven so no cam belts to worry about . the later engine is supposed to be the better engine, but even the early ones are fairly bullet proof.

got no idea on specs /trim levels.

i got my daughter a very low mileage basic spec ka and its an old 1999 t plate. i was lucky it had been garaged most of the time so only had small patches of corrosion to cut out and re plate on the sill.

she is more than happy with it 

No cambelts is good, she likes them as they're "cute", cheap and easy to run. I've told her to keep an eye on the Karrosion as it were! Are the suspension etc things you mentioned specific to the Ka or just general car related things as I had to look for similar with the Focus.

Suspension etc is Ka aimed but it's simular for all cars that age range.

I know what to look for as I've serviced and mot'd plenty. I've also condemned a few straight to the scrapyard. 

aim for the newer shape from 2009-10 as it does not have any issues with it

and its based on the fiat 500.

do research on models as there are so many and stay away from entry level models.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club