Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Having A Bad Day?

Turvey

Probably not as bad as a mate of mine. Woke up in the middle of the night to this!

40751294_10214641351279828_3461893384610775040_n.jpg

• Sad 1

How did that happen? Looks like a BMW 5 series. Either someone torched it or there was an electrical or exhaust problem leading to a fire 😢

Oh yikes. That's not a nice thing to wake up to or see. 
I wonder how that happened. 

BMW 530D, well spotted 😉

Just over a year old! Don't know how it happened yet. Being investigated as we speak. 

Here's how it used to look.

28952056_10213298624792505_5840904601980633088_o.jpg

That really is sad to see 😢. Must of spent around £20k on that to then see it like that

That’s not a good sight at any time Kevin, what a nightmare. I guess you should be thankful it wasn’t in a garage or under a car port joined to the house. Looking at the rural/agricultural setting there I’m going to put my money on some kind of small rodent type animal chewing through some electrics?? 

@zain611 if you can find a 1yr old 530d for £20k I’ll take it, I’m guessing Kevin bought it new/nearly new so will have been more like a £40k+ spend? 530D xDrive M sport Auto? (List £51k)

• Like 1

You can't buy a year old Mondeo for £20k... :laugh: 

Did this have the fire risk recalls done to the battery cable and heater or did they not affect them as late as 2017?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

That’s not a good sight at any time Kevin, what a nightmare. I guess you should be thankful it wasn’t in a garage or under a car port joined to the house. Looking at the rural/agricultural setting there I’m going to put my money on some kind of small rodent type animal chewing through some electrics?? 

@zain611 if you can find a 1yr old 530d for £20k I’ll take it, I’m guessing Kevin bought it new/nearly new so will have been more like a £40k+ spend? 530D xDrive M sport Auto? (List £51k)

Just to emphasise, it's not my car 😉

It's a mate of mine. He only bought it about 6 months ago. Think it was only a few months old when he got it. I'm not a BMW fan but seeing any car like that is quite sad.

34 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You can't buy a year old Mondeo for £20k... :laugh: 

Did this have the fire risk recalls done to the battery cable and heater or did they not affect them as late as 2017?

Looks like it may have affected 2017 models and the recall was not carried out 🤷‍♂️

I didn’t read the first sentence properly @Turvey I was too upset about the photo lol. It ‘was’ a beauty of a car 

@TomsFocus @Jonro2009 sorry my bad I kept thinking of 2015 - 16 5 series. The latest one is going for about £32k. Looks like BMW also added the Xdrive onto the newer 530Ds not the previous gen which I find odd as the previous gen 3 series was available with Xdrive.

Hopefully the owner won't have any expenses put on the car after this incident and that the insurance will do what they can to help. I'd be devssted if something happened like that on an expensive car I bought. 

Here's an example of the latest 5 series Screenshot_20180902-150137.thumb.png.005acbfcc69c7461f7561649733bf20e.png

New they list at £51k so the poor guy that bought it must be crying, I know I would be. Could have been a lot worse though, could have been a Ford lol

• Like 1