Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 TDCI EGR Valve Motor Failure

narbar

Hi, I have a 2007 Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi and found I have a faulty EGR motor.  I was wondering if it is easier to replace just the motor or the whole valve? Or is there any better options available to me?  Also if it is better to replace the whole valve does anyone have any recommendations on a specific one to buy as I can see some for 30 quid then some for 300 and im not sure whats good and whats over priced! thanks Dean

5 hours ago, narbar said:

Hi, I have a 2007 Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi and found I have a faulty EGR motor.  I was wondering if it is easier to replace just the motor or the whole valve? Or is there any better options available to me?  Also if it is better to replace the whole valve does anyone have any recommendations on a specific one to buy as I can see some for 30 quid then some for 300 and im not sure whats good and whats over priced! thanks Dean

Hi Dean, 

Probably best to fit an egr blanking plate, 

Then you don't need to replace the motor at all and your turbo will also live longer, 

https://nbstyling.co.uk/product/cp3-egr-blanking-plate/ 

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Hi Dean, 

Probably best to fit an egr blanking plate, 

Then you don't need to replace the motor at all and your turbo will also live longer, 

https://nbstyling.co.uk/product/cp3-egr-blanking-plate/ 

That will work for 11 months of the year, however will instantly fail it's next MOT 🙂

• Like 1

Faulty motor will be bringing the EML on I think?  So needs replacement unless you have it mapped out.  1.6TDCi EGR blank won't be visible at MOT but EML will be.

Better to replace the whole valve as they coke up over time, I can't specifically recommend one, though I wouldn't be paying more than £100 for it, make sure to get one with warranty.

• Like 1

I'd clean the EGR and see. Use a diagnostic tool to delete the code after to see if it comes back. I think the ECU detects whether the EGR is able to open or close. I blanked mine on my 1.6 TDCI and had no problem with MOT (except I need to change a tire). 

but can a 2007 diesel fail on EML?

recent update to MOT manual (not May 2018 but later than that) says:

You need to inspect MIL fitted to diesel vehicles with 4 or more wheels and first used on or after 1 July 2008.

Does that infer that it can not fail on the light being on if older that 01 July 2008, it does not seem cystal clear to me but seems to infer that.

• Like 1

I've got a 2010 1.6TDCi and it doesn't show an EML with the egr blanked, it never threw up an EML after blanking, 

Also wasn't aware MOT seems more thougher than the NCT we have in Ireland, over here they can't remove any wheels or panels can't even plug in diagnostic just visually inspect and probe the exhaust for carbons not hydro carbons 😉.

Usual shoe test 

And five fingers in the exhaust 😅 maximum street credit 

13741245_331645037176829_894732394_n_zpskxenwwgp.jpg.69962f4c834c4ad2f94eb3eaeb7a4bd9.jpg

6 minutes ago, isetta said:

but can a 2007 diesel fail on EML?

My 2010 didn't show an EML after blanking, think it's 2011 onwards 

Also this explains the show test I mentioned 

Thanks for all the replies its much appreciated! If i buy a new egr valve would it need programming to the car or just a plug and go?

2 hours ago, narbar said:

Thanks for all the replies its much appreciated! If i buy a new egr valve would it need programming to the car or just a plug and go?

Will need programming to the ecu 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club