Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie so confused!

DRE17_
聽Share

Hello All!聽

I think i'm being a little special 馃お. I'm looking at getting some new Headlights and Fog lights.聽

Headlights. Which headlights do i need, I've seen on here its H1 but then on some sites, i've put my reg in (starting in BG65) saying H7. Whats the difference between H1 & H7? Do i just need the on bulb for dipped/main? or 2 separate? Any recommendations?

Also, for the fog lights, what bulbs do i need?聽

If someone can recommend the above bulbs that would be great! I just want some white dipped/main聽and foglights for my car to go with DRLs.

Many thanks!

50735977_576148556190578_6400585763167141888_n.jpg

1 hour ago, DRE17_ said:

Hello All!聽

I think i'm being a little special 馃お. I'm looking at getting some new Headlights and Fog lights.聽

Headlights. Which headlights do i need, I've seen on here its H1 but then on some sites, i've put my reg in (starting in BG65) saying H7. Whats the difference between H1 & H7? Do i just need the on bulb for dipped/main? or 2 separate? Any recommendations?

Also, for the fog lights, what bulbs do i need?聽

If someone can recommend the above bulbs that would be great! I just want some white dipped/main聽and foglights for my car to go with DRLs.

Many thanks!

50735977_576148556190578_6400585763167141888_n.jpg

Hi Daniel.

H1 are the main beam lights and H7 the dipped beam.聽 they're just different fitment types.聽 Not sure on the fogs so perhaps someone else can chip in on that.....

• Like 1

Just now, Albert27 said:

Hi Daniel.

H1 are the main beam lights and H7 the dipped beam.聽 they're just different fitment types.聽 Not sure on the fogs so perhaps someone else can chip in on that.....

So I will need to buy both bulbs? H1 & H7?聽

Cheers for the answer.聽

If you want to change dipped beam and main beam then yes you will. No worries :thumbsup:

Fogs are H11

If you want something to match the DRL it will have to be LED upgrade bulbs.聽 The closest you can legally get to white with normal halogen bulbs will be something like Phillips WhiteVision which I use myself.

• Like 1

If you wish to dip a toe across the thin blue line then @kpg聽used to have osram hyperblues on his that looked like they matched his DRLs perfectly. They're not technically road legal though.

Theres even more legal issues putting LED Bulbs in the headlight cluster so I really wouldn't do that. Led fogs are ok though, I have some and they match my DRLs nicely, although beware that they don't throw out light as well as halogens. I find that I can't even tell the difference if my front fogs are on or not, but then I bought cheap leds for them so YMMV.

Finally I have Philips whitevision bulbs in my car and while they are definitely better than stock bulbs there is still a noticeable difference between these and the DRLs. Whitest road legal bulbs you can buy though.

Tldr: your call.

Philips whitevision - better than stock, but not quite led white.

Osram Hyperblues - not road legal but match DRLs better.

Edit, if you have a look at my build thread, there is a post or two about my lights in there somewhere and you'll see what I mean. If you find Kpg's build thread (search for it as I've written it) then there's a post with the osrams on his old car so you can see.

We both have prefacelift mk3's but it should all be the same.

• Like 2

I've been a fan of Osram Nightbreakers for a long time.聽聽

I'm almost excited for the van to pop its bulbs so I have an excuse to change 'em...

...aaallllltttthhhhhoooouuuuuugggggghhhhh...The missus did say "the lights are crap!" she said the same about the horn, so I changed that - but for some reason I'm not getting power to the plug...so I don't think she's keen for me to fiddle anymore聽鈽癸笍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club