Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 help needed

Cmorts1

Hi

I have recently bought a Focus ST Line X, when I have dab on it does not display the song titles.  

I have turned it on in the settings menu and it works until I turn the engine off, then it automatically changes to off in the option menu.

This is annoying having to turn it on in the options menu everytime I get in the car. Am I missing something obvious that I need to do? 

Also is there any way of getting rid of the arrows when the radio station name is too long on the display?

Thanks

Can't personally think why it's not sticking on setting. Maybe a full sync reset might help but not sure.

I’ll have a look at mine and see if it does the same thing. I rarely use the radio tho so haven’t ever noticed this!

Could be down to the station not outputting them. They don't all do it.

Kiss FM are a fine example of this. And when they do put them out they are generally wrong.

Different car but same set up, mine keeps its setting, as said before try a system reset. Also worth checking you have the latest software v3, just because its a new car doesnt mean you will have it.

• Like 1

Some stations (Absolute Radio for one) often put up adverts for their web address or app in place of track info.
Most national stations are pretty good though.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

I bought my focus in October,  and have the exact same issue,  also with traffic announcement turned on it will only start the announcement and cut off after a few seconds.

Taking into dealer next Tuesday to see if there is a update for radio.

Apparently ford is aware of this issue.

Checked mine today. All seems in order, track names all stay showing.

Thanks for the replies, hopefully it will just need a update. It's strange that some cars have the issue and others don't. 

Not sure if it make a difference but I have the B & O extra. 

On 2/19/2019 at 5:51 PM, Cmorts1 said:

Thanks for the replies, hopefully it will just need a update. It's strange that some cars have the issue and others don't. 

Not sure if it make a difference but I have the B & O extra. 

Issues like this are usually caused by cars being on different software versions for their respective modules (assuming it's the type of issue that isn't fixed by resetting the unit).  As mentioned earlier, a "newly" built car might have an older version of the SYNC3 software than a car where the user manually updated it within the few last weeks.

• Like 1

Just to update,  went to main dealer yesterday and technician showed me on laptop that Ford is aware of issue and working on a update. Hopefully will not be too long.

• Like 1

I have new Focus with latest software with the same issue .Neighbour has 6 month old Ecosport that has same software version but different sync3 screen in Radio settings ????? 

• 1 month later...

Mine has been sorted at last. Took it to main dealer again on Wednesday and they tried to do an update to sync 3.3 but it failed. So last night downloaded from Ford Sync and Bluetooth  Support site. Followed their instructions on and successful update, now have radio text and traffic announcements working everytime I use car.👍👍

Did mine 2 weeks ago as well but it's the F8 map update that's causing all the trouble now with everyone. Ford have big trouble with update and plan new release soon ???. Dont hold your breath

• Like 1

Will keep an eye on this,  mine said maps up to date and I have F7.🙄

I have just installed the latest Sync 3 software update, but how do I update the maps, how can I find details of my current map please?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club