Turvey

Vauxhall Meme

57 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Had to share this, saw it on Facebook last night 😀

61188170_2058078887594276_8863842557889609728_n.jpg

My sister got a corsa for her first car 😬

Vivaro isn't too bad.  Lacks the refinement of Ford - but it's comfy enough, quick enough and it's tolerating life under my ownership so far 

@zain611 that's hysterical!! More pipes to fill with banana's and other items though :laughing:.

Seems to be a lot of the New corsa around now,think its a corsa E or something 2016/2017 and on.

Not bad dashboard but nothing on them as toys,all electric windows with electric folding mirrors/reverse camera etc.should say there for a extra but not seen any.

Had 2 of the D's and lets say i sold one in under 12 months but i was all vauxhall.😕

42 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Seems to be a lot of the New corsa around now,think its a corsa E or something 2016/2017 and on.

Not bad dashboard but nothing on them as toys,all electric windows with electric folding mirrors/reverse camera etc.should say there for a extra but not seen any.

Had 2 of the D's and lets say i sold one in under 12 months but i was all vauxhall.😕

I'm a bit weary of vauxhalls. Reason being the number of corsas I've heard of with headgasket problems. One in particular had it with around 60k miles. 

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I'm a bit weary of vauxhalls. Reason being the number of corsas I've heard of with headgasket problems. One in particular had it with around 60k miles. 

And with cam chain rattle,sold mine as i could hear a slight noise and a cam chain rattle on a 40k car wasn't for me,got to say very quiet inside for road noise.

Dam oil leak that was never solved but anyway its a car and better than some out there mmmmmmmmmmmm lets think ??????? no cant think of one as yet.

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

And with cam chain rattle,sold mine as i could hear a slight noise and a cam chain rattle on a 40k car wasn't for me,got to say very quiet inside for road noise.

Dam oil leak that was never solved but anyway its a car and better than some out there mmmmmmmmmmmm lets think ??????? no cant think of one as yet.

Yeah that's another thing. When me and dad were looking at corsas for my sister we came across one local which the owner stated had a new cam chain. When we started it there was the normal rattle at startup however the noises persisted. My dad also noticed someone redirect I think it was the coolant. We did get lucky and came across a 2011 1.2 which had no rattle and drove nicely and the owner was selling for £1800 when it's valued at around £2500. Did notice there was a lack of power on pickup however was solved by a MAF sensor 

3 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Meh.  Never understood the whole ford Vs Vauxhall thing.

Had a vec b 2.5gsi back in the day, cracking car.

Do love the looks of the sporty vauxhalls especially the astras but it's the reliability issues which put me off getting one. The corsa VXR for example the common thing I hear is piston 4 going which to me is a manufacturing fault. I think the best looking vauxhall to me is either the calibre or carlton (lotus version) 

Don't know if it's a good time to mention this, but my lads got an Astra, he's also tying the knot today in Greece. I'm hoping he doesn't live to regret either choice. 

I had a string of Vauxhall Astras and Cavaliers in the 80's and early 90's and they were cracking cars, apart from chocolate camshafts on a couple of 1.6 motors, but they were replaced without quibble, though out of warranty. Seem to have lost the plot more recently, though - we'll have to see where they go under the new PSA management!

There isn't much in the current vx line up that thrills me though.  I think these days the concentrate on the fleet market.

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

There isn't much in the current vx line up that thrills me though.  I think these days the concentrate on the fleet market.

I think that's usually been the case, tbh. I was involved in fleet sourcing back then, and it was Cavalier v Cortina, with the first fwd Cavalier doing quite well in the dying days of the Cortina and the early days of the Sierra, which stumbled a bit at first. Seems daft looking back, but I remember one year Vauxhall completely wrong-footing Ford by fitting the Cavalier 1.6L with a radio/cassette as standard!  That caused quite a stir at the time!😀

21 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Meh.  Never understood the whole ford Vs Vauxhall thing.

Had a vec b 2.5gsi back in the day, cracking car.

Spot on here m8,i had a good 4 vecra's,i had a 2 litre GLS/2 litre CDX and 2 of the GSI's the 2.6 and the 2.5 and i have to say they never let me down,the CDX was amazing,98k and FSH and as you can see i looked after it and not a mark on it,in them days i was all vauxhall but my corsas i had well that let me down every month.

Photo051.jpg

Photo047.jpg

I stuck a BMC CDA induction kit on mine, made a sweet V6 noise.  I do miss the days of V6s in "normal" cars.

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

the CDX was amazing,98k and FSH and as you can see i looked after it and not a mark on it,

Very nice! I had the (almost identical looking, apart from the door mirrors!) Cavalier model which preceded the Vectra. Did 100k in it in 3 years without a hitch. I remember it as a very comfy cruiser, suspension a bit soft for sporty driving, but at the time  I still had an Astra SRi and a Honda CBR600 for that!😀

What started as a mild anti Vauxhall post has turned into a Vauxhall love in! What has happened to this forum? 🤔🙄😀

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

What started as a mild anti Vauxhall post has turned into a Vauxhall love in! What has happened to this forum? 🤔🙄😀

Just shows what a well-balanced and fair-minded lot we are!😀 But if we must - really don't like the Crossland, Grandland and Mokka!

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Well our local garage is half ford and half vauxhall (genuine ford and vauxhall) so bet they have some fun selling cars and even working on them.

Never had a very bad word to say about the older ones (only my 2 corsas) i had but the newer ones i have never driven one just looked and heard people.

.....Raving Mad..........welcome to my life.🤣

@Zico I was laughing at this. No hate to vauxhaull but that little stereotype you get about corsa driver

had few mk 2 Cavaliers in the old days, loved doing clutch on them nice and easy lol