Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bike rack / carrier

The Latman

Hey folks,

looking to to buy a high mounted bike carrier, can’t seem to find one.  Halfords can’t sell me one as according to their system no carriers fit a mondeo.  Anybody got one they can recommend?

Lat

Awesome, thanks.  I didn’t think to search with the specific vehicle details.

I dont suppose anybody has tried this rack?

Those aren't high mount carriers though as they cover the rear lights and number plate.

A High mount carrier would lift the bikes above the lights and therefore no need to buy a lighting board, number plate and mess about with wiring.

Do you have a spoiler on the back of your car? I've not used a high mount one in a long time but can't believe that the Halfords High Mount carrier wont fit (their website says it won't even fit a MK2 hatch Mondeo or a Sierra Sapphire...my previous cars, and I used the high mount on both!). I use roof mounted carriers now.

On 7/1/2019 at 11:39 AM, Frembrit said:

Those aren't high mount carriers though as they cover the rear lights and number plate.

A High mount carrier would lift the bikes above the lights and therefore no need to buy a lighting board, number plate and mess about with wiring.

Do you have a spoiler on the back of your car? I've not used a high mount one in a long time but can't believe that the Halfords High Mount carrier wont fit (their website says it won't even fit a MK2 hatch Mondeo or a Sierra Sapphire...my previous cars, and I used the high mount on both!). I use roof mounted carriers now.

In the end I got in touch with Evans cycles who sold me a carrier they said would fit my car.  It 'sorta' fits.  There are 6 straps with hooks, 2 to go at the top of the tailgate (these fit perfectly), 2 for the sides of the tailgate between the body and the tailgate (don't fit at all, ended up strapping them to the rear wheel arches) & the final 2 for the actual tailgate lid lip. (they wedge in, but are not 100% secure).

I had 2 bikes to go on this rack, one just about fit the rack (but when i took it for a test drive, it was a very nerve wracking experience as I didnt feel the carrier was 100% secure), but mine (a Specialized HardRock) doesnt fit the rack at all.

So, I guess the answer here is to avoid this rack as it doesnt properly fit:

Evans FWE 3 Bike Rack

So, all in all, a bust.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club