Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK4 - Disable Seatbelt Information screen

neutron2k

I don't suppose anyone knows how to turn off the seat belt information screen that pops up every time you get in the car on the Focus MK4? I can't find anything in settings for it.

Its annoying have to press 'Ok' every damned time lol.

It does time out eventually when you drive off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't turn it off [emoji3525] times out after 5secomds or so

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If you just press OK it goes off,

You can turn it off using forscan in the IPC

It's longer than 5 seconds.  More like 2 or 3 minutes.

• Like 2

Ah I was hoping there would be something built in without having to mess around with getting a ODB2 Reader and forescan.

The message stays up for eternity as far as I know. I always just hit ok but its ***** annoying!

cheers peeps.

The law requires 30s reminder for driver seat and 60s for rear seats, so Ford must leave the notification up for at least 60s. I’ve never timed it but 1 min seems right. 

It’s like a lot of the systems people find annoying, Ford aren’t doing it because they think they know best or are trying to annoy you. Most of it (with no setting to change) is mandated by law and required for the type approval of the vehicle. 

• Like 3

The law requires 30s reminder for driver seat and 60s for rear seats, so Ford must leave the notification up for at least 60s. I’ve never timed it but 1 min seems right. 

It’s like a lot of the systems people find annoying, Ford aren’t doing it because they think they know best or are trying to annoy you. Most of it (with no setting to change) is mandated by law and required for the type approval of the vehicle. 

Couldn't have put it better. [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It would be better if it actually worked properly (like a lot of the systems on the Mk4!) - I don't know about any body else's but on my car, if I have a rear passenger who I drop off, the car still thinks that someone is sitting in their seat without a seatbelt when I drive off and insists on letting me know by obscuring my digital display and ringing an alarm. So basically, a safety enhancing feature which gives false results, covers up my speedo and distracts me with random bells while I'm driving - I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to improve my or anybody else's safety!

I get that occasionally but it's more that the bum sensor is still squashed, rather than a notification error.

Are you chucking something heavy on the other seats?  Just leave the belt plugged in if so.

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I get that occasionally but it's more that the bum sensor is still squashed, rather than a notification error.

That's what I've put it down to as well - I assume that it takes a while for the sensor to disengage after someone is no-longer sitting on it. Again, another example of mediocre engineering by Ford - my two previous cars (Toyota and SEAT) both had similar features and neither had this problem despite being significantly older and presumably based on older technology.

2 hours ago, Dark Andy said:

It would be better if it actually worked properly (like a lot of the systems on the Mk4!) - I don't know about any body else's but on my car, if I have a rear passenger who I drop off, the car still thinks that someone is sitting in their seat without a seatbelt when I drive off and insists on letting me know by obscuring my digital display and ringing an alarm. So basically, a safety enhancing feature which gives false results, covers up my speedo and distracts me with random bells while I'm driving - I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to improve my or anybody else's safety!

Hi Andy, I had that issue and discovered that the wiring connector for the rear seat sensors wasn't engaged properly causing a dodgy connection, haven't had any problems since. You can find it under the driver's side rear seat, it's a bit awkward to lift the seat base to get at it but mine wasn't properly clicked in.

4 hours ago, Al1966 said:

Hi Andy, I had that issue and discovered that the wiring connector for the rear seat sensors wasn't engaged properly causing a dodgy connection, haven't had any problems since. You can find it under the driver's side rear seat, it's a bit awkward to lift the seat base to get at it but mine wasn't properly clicked in.

Thanks, I'll have a look - do you access it from the front or the rear of the seat?

On 3/8/2020 at 4:00 PM, Dark Andy said:

Thanks, I'll have a look - do you access it from the front or the rear of the seat?

Hi Andy, sorry for the delayed response, I lifted mine up from the side with the door open, it's doesn't lift very easily - from memory there's some velcro tape holding it down and the isofix cover needs to be removed.

Al

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club