Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warnings on start up tolerances.

CarlRob81

Hi guys, I’m new to this site, but I guess like a lot of people what has brought me here is a potential problem or at least query.

Today when I started my car I had the dashboard flag up, in much the same way as when it says check tyre pressures for instance oil Change Required. This is probably correct as my car is approaching it’s annual service + MOT, the car is booked in at the garage 17th July, it would of been sooner were it not for the COVID-19. I do around 8k miles per year.

My question is how much tolerance is in these warning messages? Does it need doing ASAP, or will my car be ok for the 3weeks until it’s service? If I keep to just essential trips I will probably cover less than 200miles. I intend to check the oil level in the morning before work and top up if needs be at the weekend but as for an oil change I suspect that’s better to be done by someone who knows what they are doing.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks.

11 hours ago, CarlRob81 said:

Does it need doing ASAP, or will my car be ok for the 3weeks until it’s service?

You will be fine, just leave it until the already scheduled service date

• Like 1

It's a timed notification not a true oil condition warning.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club