Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Battery

Zoser

Good day everyone.

Fiesta Eco 1.0 (100hp) 2014.  My battery is now over 6 years old and appears to be showing signs of being in it's last days.

I have watched a few very good youtube vids on replacement.  Some of the people in the comments sections refer to radio codes and settings being lost, and fault codes appearing.  

Apart from the Stop/Start function reset trick (ignition on, wait 10 seconds, press rear fog button 5 times, then hazzard button 3 times) is there any other diagnostic preparation to consider for example to save settings?

Or can a battery be replaced without worrying about fault codes and radio issues?

Thanks in Advance.

The mk7 doesn't have radio codes. I can't remember if you lose the present stations or not, either way it doesn't take long to set back up.

Shouldn't be any issues changing a battery on a fiesta. As you have start/stop, you must fit either an AGM or EFB battery otherwise it'll fry itself.

Have a read on your current battery, if it says AGM you must fit replace it with AGM. EFB can be replaced with either AGM or EFB I believe.

11 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

The mk7 doesn't have radio codes. I can't remember if you lose the present stations or not, either way it doesn't take long to set back up.

Shouldn't be any issues changing a battery on a fiesta. As you have start/stop, you must fit either an AGM or EFB battery otherwise it'll fry itself.

Have a read on your current battery, if it says AGM you must fit replace it with AGM. EFB can be replaced with either AGM or EFB I believe.

Interesting,never heard that advice before but should be easy to follow.  It looks to me as if there are a lot of false rumours circulating regarding the need for a diagnostic unit after a battery change.  Perhaps these arose before the trick with the auto stop/start was figured made known.  I don't know. 

Anyhow I'll give it a go thanks.

10 hours ago, Zoser said:

Interesting,never heard that advice before but should be easy to follow.  It looks to me as if there are a lot of false rumours circulating regarding the need for a diagnostic unit after a battery change.  Perhaps these arose before the trick with the auto stop/start was figured made known.  I don't know. 

Anyhow I'll give it a go thanks.

Depends on the car. I know BMW requires you to "program in" the battery.

The BMS reset is the 'stop/start trick' on Ford's of this era so no need for diagnostics.  

You may also have to reset the windows after the change if you have one-touch auto windows.  Apart from that, shouldn't need to do anything else.

The battery is EFB.

Then you need to reset BMS and your ready to go.

Bateria.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  Appreciate the feedback.  Super guys on a super forum.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club