Do Not Sell My Personal Information

water in boot

darkshadow

having problem with water getting in boot. have checked behind lights, all dry. the seal were cable passes thruogh light is good and dry. have sprinkled talc powder every ehere. and is dry. the roof lining is dry, the water is pooling on floor next to to the inner wing. (mudguard) have placed a bowel were water gathers, and bowel is dry inside, but water gathers under the bowel. cant see any marks in talk were water could be coming in.the car is a focus c max. not shure where to look next. thanks for any help in advance.

thanks for reply. are the vents allways open?. if so it would explain why the boot is very noisy. lot of road noise. i will be putting some sound deadening in when the water leak is sorted. i have also heard that the roof rack fitting , the black strip on roof  could let in water. any idea how this is fitted?,

its almost always the spoiler, take off, silicone round the mounts and reattach

failing that do the same for the tail lights

The leaky vents is normally a Focus problem not  Cmax one, certainly on mine the layout is different as far as I can see.

i have added a image of the area in the c max album page. the area where the water is pooling is where the screwdriver handle is. there is no sign of water running to this area making a mark in the talc powder. if i cover the area , water will pool  under .

IMG_20210103_132504[2].jpg

• 2 years later...

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Mine is pooling water in the exact same place and I’m struggling to find how it’s getting in. Thanks Mike

Hi! In my 2006 cmax the water enters through a gap between the bumper and the rear wings. The bumper is about 5mm lowered, I imagine because of a blow it received. The water appeared under the side trims of the boot, and turned the spare wheel space into a swimming pool.

The check I did: I removed the side and bottom trims of the boot lid, and focused a garden hose against the slot between the wing and the bumper. On both sides (one more than the other) a lot of water entered (green arrow)

By now I haven't time to disasamble the bumper, I have stuck duct tape covering the gap from the wheel arch to the boot lid, and the issue has been solved (in about two months all is completely dry)

water.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello! After a while, I have solved it. Under the bumper, there is a vent, one on each side. In my case, one of them has a small crack, but the other one does not. And I have water coming in from both sides.

My conclusion is: a relatively small bump slightly wrinkles the metal contour where the vent rubber rests, and the vent loses its watertightness.

On the inside, there is an insulator that absorbs small rainwater leaks, which means that the water inside the boot is not visible in the absence of heavy rain.

My solution has been to seal both sides with silicone.

To remove the bumper, underneath there are two small plastic screws, one hidden under each of the reflectors, and a nut hidden under the wheel arch. To access it, simply remove the last two screws from the wheel arch and turn the cladding a little.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

IMG-20240316-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20240316-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20240316-WA0008.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club