Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4.20351 now live

steve67

Updated today with no problems. It took about 20 minutes and it automatically created a log file. 👍

Just need to add the missing logos as per the links posted earlier in this thread.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

Took maybe 15 Min to install, but like others lost the radio logos.

Use the files as suggested by Col,   logos are back, plus I notice a few are updated and a few extra than I had before.

Did mine today, 15-20 mins, wrote the log file OK (which Ford seem to like when I uploaded it), did the trick to get the Logos back (seem fine).

After I uploaded the file to Ford, it tells me there is ANOTHER Map update (about 8G this time) - I've already done the BIG one for F9, and the status show F9. Wonder what this one is? F10? or F9.a bit.

I've downloaded it and made the USB stick, trip next week to install.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sneezy24 said:

Did mine today, 15-20 mins, wrote the log file OK (which Ford seem to like when I uploaded it), did the trick to get the Logos back (seem fine).

After I uploaded the file to Ford, it tells me there is ANOTHER Map update (about 8G this time) - I've already done the BIG one for F9, and the status show F9. Wonder what this one is? F10? or F9.a bit.

Have a look inside the SyncMyRide folder and check the filenames. If they have BAG, BBG, BCG and so on in the filename it’s the second version of F9 maps Ford released.

1 hour ago, Sneezy24 said:

That'll be interesting to see what they gave you, I uploaded my log file tonight and I'm all up to date ( I have the F9 maps supplied by this wonderful forum) 

12 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Have a look inside the SyncMyRide folder and check the filenames. If they have BAG, BBG, BCG and so on in the filename it’s the second version of F9 maps Ford released.

image.thumb.png.1ae3a85b999fbaa53215f3835577f867.png

4 minutes ago, Sneezy24 said:

image.thumb.png.1ae3a85b999fbaa53215f3835577f867.png

That’s the 3.4.20351 Sync update, not maps.

11 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

That’s the 3.4.20351 Sync update, not maps.

Realised that after I pressed submit....

Try again Michael......

image.thumb.png.79b72c522084193f0ca99636e225b157.png

10 minutes ago, Sneezy24 said:

Realised that after I pressed submit....

Try again Michael......

image.thumb.png.79b72c522084193f0ca99636e225b157.png

That’s the final couple of F9 map packages and the four Navigation Voice packages 👍🏼

• Like 1

Thanks! I'll do it next week when I have a decent length trip.

• Like 1

Will update later today,

Can anyone confirm if this is the change where the Logos switch from the left hand side to the right and have a sort of blurred logo in the background? 

....for those that still have their logos anyway 😅

On another note for those who are needing to install the logos manually after the update its very easy to do, I had the same issue when I last updated, just follow the steps that have been posted from a previous thread above 😁

2 minutes ago, FezMan said:

Will update later today,

Can anyone confirm if this is the change where the Logos switch from the left hand side to the right and have a sort of blurred logo in the background? 

....for those that still have their logos anyway 😅

On another note for those who are needing to install the logos manually after the update its very easy to do, I had the same issue when I last updated, just follow the steps that have been posted from a previous thread above 😁

Yes, this is the update that switches logos to the right with a blur effect 👍🏼

• Like 2

I was going to start another thread referring to this problem but I thought I would ask here first as it appears to have happened to me recently over the last couple of weeks, since my recent F9 map update, Sync 3.4.20351 update and the logo update.

In my FordPass android app under 'Vehicle' it now shows 'Unable to locate' and if i click on the 'Map icon' at the bottom the app appears to crash with a message 'FordPass has stopped. Everything else appears to work as normal, remote door lock/unlock vehicle start and oil, tyre pressure etc information is reported.

Now i realise this may be coincidental but has anyone else experienced this problem since any of the recent updates, although to be honest I am leaning towards a problem with the app ?

10 minutes ago, PLB said:

I was going to start another thread referring to this problem but I thought I would ask here first as it appears to have happened to me recently over the last couple of weeks, since my recent F9 map update, Sync 3.4.20351 update and the logo update.

In my FordPass android app under 'Vehicle' it now shows 'Unable to locate' and if i click on the 'Map icon' at the bottom the app appears to crash with a message 'FordPass has stopped. Everything else appears to work as normal, remote door lock/unlock vehicle start and oil, tyre pressure etc information is reported.

Now i realise this may be coincidental but has anyone else experienced this problem since any of the recent updates, although to be honest I am leaning towards a problem with the app ?

Sounds like a problem with the map API causing an error the app can't handle and it crashes.

Have you checked for an app update?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Sounds like a problem with the map API causing an error the app can't handle and it crashes.

Have you checked for an app update?

Thanks, yes i have uninstalled and reinstalled 3.18.0 GBR which is the latest ver of the app but its still the same.

Must be the app surely as I cant see it being the car sync or anything at the vehicle end causing the issue. Or could it ?

I hope its a glitch in the app as i don't want to factory reset the sync or mess with any settings in the car if i can help it. 🤞

Please help, after succesfully updated to the the latest sync version on my car and uploaded the log file the following day there was a further update of 8 gb , I presume this is a map update. On installing this latest update it down loads the first part until it tells to do a key cycle ( I have button start ) , anyway i turn off the engine exit the car and wait two minuets . On restart it again recognises the usb drive and says it is going to do a map update , I press yes update now and it continues updating, the problom is it repeats the first section again until iot tells you again to do a key cycle. the problem seems to be that is stuck  in the first loop cycle.

Any ideas please

41 minutes ago, PLB said:

Thanks, yes i have uninstalled and reinstalled 3.18.0 GBR which is the latest ver of the app but its still the same.

Must be the app surely as I cant see it being the car sync or anything at the vehicle end causing the issue. Or could it ?

I hope its a glitch in the app as i don't want to factory reset the sync or mess with any settings in the car if i can help it. 🤞

which ford pass app do you use, standard or pro...i use the pro as i  find it a bit more reliable..

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, steve67 said:

which ford pass app do you use, standard or pro...i use the pro as i  find it a bit more reliable..

I am using the standard at the moment but I have used the pro before.

I will see how things go over the next few days and then probably go back and try the pro.

1 hour ago, NortonSS said:

Please help, after succesfully updated to the the latest sync version on my car and uploaded the log file the following day there was a further update of 8 gb , I presume this is a map update. On installing this latest update it down loads the first part until it tells to do a key cycle ( I have button start ) , anyway i turn off the engine exit the car and wait two minuets . On restart it again recognises the usb drive and says it is going to do a map update , I press yes update now and it continues updating, the problom is it repeats the first section again until iot tells you again to do a key cycle. the problem seems to be that is stuck  in the first loop cycle.

Any ideas please

In my case after downloading the first part of the update it briefly flashed up a key cycle request but if you ignore that request and wait you should find it will start to download the second part automatically. At least thats what happened in my case and i think i read somewhere in a previous post that it's normal for the second part to auto download.

There was a request for a key cycle at the end of the second download which you need to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PLB said:

I haven't seen vehicle location in my FordPass app for a while now. (iOS 14.4.2 FordPass v3.17.1)

I've just installed FordPass Pro to see if that was any better and it showed vehicle location straight away.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 7:05 PM, colinmcg71 said:

I posted a link to the latest logo file and an autoinstall file in another thread, see here: 

Download these two files.

Format your USB drive as exFAT.

Create a folder called SyncMyRide in the root of this drive.

Place the logo file inside this folder.

Copy the autoinstall.lst file to the root of this drive.

Once done it should look like this with the logo file inside the SyncMyRide folder.

2021-03-29.thumb.png.0234e46cedfdc996e8089a79ca6b01af.png1382406976_2021-03-29(1).thumb.png.3506fc2bd97ef5e4d167516a551c8826.png

Installation should only take a few minutes and afterwards you should have most of your radio logos back.

Hey

Just trying to to do this but can’t download the autoinstall file - says it’s deleted or expired or no permissions are you able to upload it here please?

Thank you!

Edit: just saw you posted a new file in the other topic - thank you!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PLB said:

In my case after downloading the first part of the update it briefly flashed up a key cycle request but if you ignore that request and wait you should find it will start to download the second part automatically. At least thats what happened in my case and i think i read somewhere in a previous post that it's normal for the second part to auto download.

There was a request for a key cycle at the end of the second download which you need to do.

Thanks for your reply , you said that your key cycle request popped up briefly before continuing to update. When my key cycle request came I spent four or five mins looking for a place to park and the prompt was still on the screen.

Is there anyway to have the update done with the engine off? I tend to keep my Fiesta on trickle charge. The 3.4 update worked fine within 10 minutes, and then I now have a 22gb Map update to do.

I can probably do the updates during my commute to and from work, hour each way. But presumably it requires an active igntion to commence the update?

Hi folks.

Anyone else having trouble with usb stick audio on 20351?

Kinda like a cd jumping when it's playing? Its completely random and intermittent.

cheers.

2 minutes ago, tommy42 said:

Hi folks.

Anyone else having trouble with usb stick audio on 20351?

Kinda like a cd jumping when it's playing? Its completely random and intermittent.

cheers.

Yeah that’s been a bug on the last couple of versions of 3.4 unfortunately. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club