Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre noise

pragmatix

I've had my Grand Cmax since new now done 63k in 3.5 years avg fuel consumption is 47.4, and I've always had noise from the rear that is best described as sounding like a wheel bearing on the way out, tyres have always been Michelin Primacy 4, this time no Michelin's in stock and I got a very good price on 4 Goodyear efficient grips, tyre noise now gone  grip seems good I shan't be able to comment on wear as the car goes in 10 days.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:31 PM, pragmatix said:

I've had my Grand Cmax since new now done 63k in 3.5 years avg fuel consumption is 47.4, and I've always had noise from the rear that is best described as sounding like a wheel bearing on the way out, tyres have always been Michelin pilots, this time no Michelin's in stock and I got a very good price on 4 Goodyear efficient grips, tyre noise now gone  grip seems good I shan't be able to comment on wear as the car goes in 10 days.

Have the same problem rears sound like bearing noise, are they the ones on tele ad or mk 1 .

TIA Mick.

They are the new Goodyear's 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes have  the same problem. Cars only done 24000 so will put up with it while there still good tread.

• 1 month later...

Just had a Full service , informed my front tyres were nearly ready for change . But the rear one were 5yrs old and cracking so had them changed. Not done many miles since but the tyre noise seems to have gone. So must have been the Michelin's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 9:10 AM, Hostahousey said:

Just had a Full service , informed my front tyres were nearly ready for change . But the rear one were 5yrs old and cracking so had them changed. Not done many miles since but the tyre noise seems to have gone. So must have been the Michelin's.

What tyres did you go for?

6 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Black round ones is my guess 😉

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Black round ones is my guess 😉

Never heard that before

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 2:24 PM, pragmatix said:

Garage fitted some budget ones, but got a singing at 60mph not before or after dead on 60mph. I complained they thought it was a bearing . In the end said it was the tyres and changed them to Blacklion , still get a whine at about 30mph so I'll put up with that . They might wear in .

Just had 2 Falken tyres fitted to rears, Goodyears too dear, tyre noise gone, Happy days.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club