Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New battery

Paultrotter65
聽Share

Hi had a new battery fitted yesterday how do I get stop / start to work again .

26 minutes ago, Paultrotter65 said:

Hi had a new battery fitted yesterday how do I get stop / start to work again .

@unofix will be along shorty, but bottom line, unless you change the settings in ForScan, it'll never work properly... 馃ぃ

• Like 1

Does that mean if you don't have Forscan聽 , you need to take the car into a mean dealer to get it sorted?聽

"mean dealer" - I like that. :laugh:

You can probably get the Stop/Start working again by fully charging the battery and then resetting the battery Monitoring System (BMS). Resetting is a relatively simple process that you can do yourself but it can vary between models and I don't know the sequence for your Fiesta.

@unofixwill advise increasing the State Of Charge (SOC) setting to keep the battery almost fully charged. This should make Stop/Start more reliable but you will need Forscan to make the change.

If charging the battery on the car be sure to connect the negative charger lead to the bodywork, NOT the battery negative post, otherwise the BMS will not register the charge.

• Thanks 1

Hi, the adjustment of the SOC is easy to do with FORScan (which is free). You will need to buy a new lead to connect your laptop to the OBDII port on the car. Use the cable vLinker FS (拢38)聽

The default setting is normally 80% could be as low as 72%. You need to change it to 95%.

• Like 2

So as we kind of know this battery problem is not just a Ford issue.

This morning I answered a knock on the door to my window cleaner asking if I could "Jump Start" his new Nissan van.

It's only 11 months old and already had one new battery. He has called the RAC out twice for a jump start, and been back to the dealer 3 times.

The Nissan dealer has told him it's because he does lots of short journeys (of course he does, he's a window cleaner). The van that he replaced was also a Nissan and in the 5 years he had it, never once did he have a flat battery.

Good that the automotive industry know how to improve on previous technology !!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, unofix said:

Good that the automotive industry know improve on previous technology !!

They don't have much choice when the emissions regs are forced upon them from higher up tbf.聽 He'll probably be complaining of a blocked DPF next... :unsure:

Short local journeys of a window cleaner could make a full EV the best option nowadays.

• Like 1

It's been obvious for a while that manufacturers are struggling to meet the increasingly restrictive emissions regs and all the gear that's been bolted on is compromising usability and reliabilty as well as massively increasing costs for the owners.

For that reason I intend to hang on to our 1.8HE Mk2.5 for as long as possible. Doing very little annual mileage nowadays I can live with the higher VED and lower mpg in exchange for the relative simplicity and reliability.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club