Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Digital Speedo - MPH v KPH

RMurphy195
聽Share

So - just got back from Donegal, where the speed limits are in KPH (fun crossing the border on the way back - speed limit is 100, my mental arithemetic says 60mph. So a few hundred yards (sorry metres!) past a 100 limit I'm cruising along minding my own business when suddenly the sign says 60! So its "aargh, slow down quick bewfore the speed camera"!. I guess the guy behind is used to people with English registrations suddenly braking at that point, the sign is now in MPH! When you are going the other way, the first few signs you see remind you that the speed limit is in KPH, shame it doesn't work in the other direction ...

But I digress - I went through the menu to switch to a KPH reading instead of MPH for the digital speedo. No can find. Looked at the handbook - nada.

Am I missing something? The Skoda which I had until recently could easily be flipped between KPH and MPH - this on a car where both sets of markings are clearly visible on the analogue speedo, which isn't the case with the Focus.

So unless someone can point me in the right direction, its back to bits of sticky label on the speedo 馃槦

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RMurphy195 said:

Am I missing something?

Ford like to play games, it could be hidden anywhere. I used to have a Transit van with satnav that liked to show distance in KM, not very helpful in the UK. Then one day I found in the 'Radio' setting the option to display different languages. Now I don't know why I was plying scrolling though the options when I came across "English (Metric)" and "English (Imperial)". So if you selected English (imperial) for your language you also got a satnav system in Miles !!

I have a standalone Garmin SatNav, now about 10 years old, as soon as it crosses the border (which I visit often), the speed indicator automatically changes to Kph! My old fashioned speedo has dual indication of speed, (Mph & Kph), and it's 17 years old. What happened to all this fancy new tech you all rave about 馃ぃ

• Like 1

On a Mk2 Focus, you can usually change the measurement units displayed in the small digital screen in the cluster bygoing to the units you want to change (in this case, the kilometres in the odometer) and then holding the trip reset button on the indicator stalk.

28 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

On a Mk2 Focus, ...

I think the OP has a substantially newer model (2020) that the Mk2 LOL

• Like 1

It's under Display, measurement units on my drivers display menu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It's under Display, measurement units on my drivers display menu.

Thanks for that Alex, foundit! Changes everything, fuel consumption, range, the lot

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I think the OP has a substantially newer model (2020) that the Mk2 LOL

I shudda looked left LOL

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jimpster said:

I shudda looked left LOL

Thanks for trying anyway. BTW in Donegal they drive on the left so you look to the right, unlike France where they drive on the right so you look to the left. On traffic islands that is ...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RMurphy195 said:

...BTW in Donegal they drive on the left so you look to the right...

I believe he was referring to looking left at your profile so he could see the age/model of your car 馃ぃ

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I believe he was referring to looking left at your profile so he could see the age/model of your car 馃ぃ

Cheers SF, i knew what he meant and i think his response was a joke聽

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

... i think his response was a joke ...

mmm... I'm not so sure LOL If it was, certainly didn't meet a 'Live at the Apollo' standard 馃ぃ

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Gerraway!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club