Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK4 Dipped Beam on, no warning.

nielsicq

My parents purchased a Focus MK4 Vignale with led headlights (2019)

When they select dipped beam instead of the auto function and turn of the engine and open the door there is no warning upon exiting the car. Result is that the lights remain on.

Is there a possibility to get a warning or that the lights turn of automatically without turning the switch to auto?

I have forscan and ucds.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to change the switch from Automatic to manual headlights ?

Even so switching to manual, then turning off the ignition and opening the door will cause the light switch to change back to automatic. So after locking the car the lights will remain on for the pre-programmed 'follow me home' time (normally 10 seconds) and then they will switch off.

16 hours ago, nielsicq said:

My parents purchased a Focus MK4 Vignale with led headlights (2019)

When they select dipped beam instead of the auto function and turn of the engine and open the door there is no warning upon exiting the car. Result is that the lights remain on.

Is there a possibility to get a warning or that the lights turn of automatically without turning the switch to auto?

I have forscan and ucds.

When driving and using the indicators sometimes the stalk itself does accidentally get moved forward or back as if to flash the lights and if it's not noticed upon exit the lights will remain on. Has this issue a few times myself and also when parking in an undercover carpark.

I have found on my MK 4 when I get out with the headlamp set to dipped beam it drops back to Auto.

Also it sounds like you have headlamp delay set when you get out of the car and shut the door wait for a little while and they should go off, if you don't like this feature you can switch it off in the menus on the Speedo.

Cheers guys, thanks for your help.

@unofix the car sadly does not automatically switch back to auto.

@Winothis is not the problem iam afraid.

@gds1972 thanks, even after 5 minutes the light stays on.

Maybe a faulty switch? I’ll check with the dealer.

23 hours ago, nielsicq said:

Focus MK4 Vignale with led headlights (2019)

The Focus Mk4 has a fully automatic light switch that by design always returns back to Automatic after the ignition is turned off. It is a requirement for all cars of that age and newer if you live in Europe or the UK.

If the car is not doing that then you have a problem.