Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Fuel Door


NorthernSky
聽Share

Recommended Posts

hi

just noticed the fuel door doesn't lock on my focus (2019) when the doors are locked

i'm sure it locked on my last car聽馃 doesn't mention it in the user manual so i'm assuming it's operating normally

i guess it means you cal still fill up if you've lost your keys聽馃槄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


The EasyFuel system prevents syphoning so there's no need for a lock on the external flap.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Papamack said:

Don鈥檛 they usually lock approximately 10 mins after locking the car doors.

Why on earth would they be designed with a 10 minute delay? Would that be to allow a change of decision on allowing the driver to put more fuel in after initially looking at the pump and saying, "how much...??" 馃ぃ

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The EasyFuel system prevents syphoning so there's no need for a lock on the external flap.

If someone used a funnel or similar, would it still be possible to deliberately pour something into the tank with intent to cause damage?

It may not be obvious until you started the car.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AntonovAN12 said:

If someone used a funnel or similar, would it still be possible to deliberately pour something into the tank with intent to cause damage?

Yes, as you do if you want to add injector cleaner etc.聽聽

Fortunately, I think that is rare (I've never heard of that happening to anyone (apart from in an episode of Porridge).

2 hours ago, Papamack said:

Don鈥檛 they usually lock approximately 10 mins after locking the car doors.

No.... there is no locking mechanism.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Papamack said:

What a stupid idea.馃ぃ

I disagree! Porridge was a wonderfully funny TV show!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don鈥檛 like the design. Same on my 2015 fiesta. 聽It might be designed to stop syphoning and to stop someone pi**ing into it without the Ford funnel but that doesn鈥檛 stop someone trying . It just looks like an invitation for someone to mess with your car.聽

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, isetta said:

I don鈥檛 like the design. Same on my 2015 fiesta. 聽It might be designed to stop syphoning and to stop someone pi**ing into it without the Ford funnel but that doesn鈥檛 stop someone trying . It just looks like an invitation for someone to mess with your car.聽

Can't help thinking that it's mostly older folk that worry about such things. Like when car radios use to have a 'code' to get them to work, or when alloy wheels were commonly nicked - just doesn't happen these days... (Cue the list of comments of, 'well my mate once had... ' LOL)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Like when car radios use to have a 'code' to get them to work,

What do you mean ???

OMG please don't tell me that you no longer need a code. I'll not be able to sleep for worry. 馃ぃ馃ぃ

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, AntonovAN12 said:

If someone used a funnel or similar, would it still be possible to deliberately pour something into the tank with intent to cause damage?

Yes, it would have to be the exact same size as a fuel pump though (as the OEM supplied funnels are), so unlikely for an opportunist.聽

I've been on Ford forums and Facebook groups for nearly 10 years now though and never heard of that happening to anyone so far.聽 The EasyFuel system came out around 2008 and has been used on every Fiesta, Focus & Mondeo etc since.

1 hour ago, isetta said:

...and to stop someone pi**ing into it without the Ford funnel but that doesn鈥檛 stop someone trying .

I think we've lived very different lives... :laugh:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Can't help thinking that it's mostly older folk that worry about such things.聽

Aha! I don't worry about such things therefore I can't be old!馃榾

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, isetta said:

聽It just looks like an invitation for someone to mess with your car.聽

That's what I was thinking. Especially so in these times where protestors have been sabotaging vehicles.聽

If someone was trying to siphon fuel out, they could still cause damage to the filler neck. I am sure I have heard of thieves trying to break through the anti-siphon device by forcing metal rods down the filler neck.

My 2006 Focus has a regular twist-on fuel cap. I looked into getting one that locks with a key, as I thought it would be easy for someone to break open the plastic flap if they tried.

None of these measures will stop someone determined enough, but they may discourage them trying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AntonovAN12 said:

That's what I was thinking. Especially so in these times where protestors have been sabotaging vehicles...

You should also smother your car body in Vaseline in case one of those nasty protestors tries to glue themselves to your 16 year old gas guzzler 馃ぃ

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had to go check my car. My 2011 mondeo locks with the central locking ( happy it locks. I have trust issues ) anyway no 10 minute delay and it definitely locks. 馃憤

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On my plain looking Focus, I would be more concerned about someone trying to steal fuel from the tank.

Where I live, I have to park on the street. It could be a few streets away from my house if busy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AntonovAN12 said:

Where I live, I have to park on the street. It could be a few streets away from my house if busy.

The very reason why current 'battery' cars are the betamax of car progression, until a proper fuel is developed and renders them all obsolete 馃ぃ

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, StephenFord said:

The very reason why current 'battery' cars are the betamax of car progression, until a proper fuel is developed and renders them all obsolete 馃ぃ

You'll have enjoyed this, and several similar, articles in the press last week then:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1666030/electric-car-charging-costs-petrol-diesel-record-prices-more-expensive

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

You'll have enjoyed this, and several similar, articles in the press last week then:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1666030/electric-car-charging-costs-petrol-diesel-record-prices-more-expensive

Interesting feature, thanks. There is also a new recent report on 'cradle to grave' emissions on petrol v electric cars promoted by Howard Cox (FairFuels UK), and supported by an All Party Parliamentary Group condemning the governments ban on ICE cars in 2030.

Of course, all right thinking people already know that the 'green' credentials of battery cars are little more than a myth and a misguided aim of the ex PMs wife...

https://fairfueluk.com/APPGPressRelease.pdf

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

the 'green' credentials of battery cars are little more than a myth and a misguided aim of the ex PMs wife...

The futures 'Green' the futures 'Bleak'馃槯聽聽聽聽聽聽 (stolen from an old advert)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

... (stolen from an old advert)

Yes, that old advert went down well here in Northern Ireland LOL

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

聽 Pasted as rich text. 聽聽Paste as plain text instead

聽 Only 75 emoji are allowed.

聽 Your link has been automatically embedded. 聽聽Display as a link instead

聽 Your previous content has been restored. 聽聽Clear editor

聽 You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

聽Share




  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership