Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.5tdci 2015 leaking top engine mount

gibbo1471

Hi all me again lol

I have like oil coming out the top engine mount rubber the one in the left near the coolant reservoir is this common gsf and euro don't stock them only ones I found are in eBay also is it just a matter of jacking the engine up slightly to support it on some wood etc then straight swap sine photos of it also it's not coolant when I press in the rubber more oil comes out I didn't even realize these had oil in lol 

IMG20220919114504.jpg

IMG20220919114509.jpg

Screenshot_2022-09-20-04-20-41-38_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

• Like 1

Yes it's common.  Same mount was used on the Mk2's as well, had to change mine in 2016.  They are as easy to change as they look.  Just take care with the nuts on the engine side.  They can unwind the studs a bit...if that's not noticed it can lead the engine mount snapping and dumping your engine on the floor at a later date.  Have seen it happen a few times on here over the years, usually by oblivious garages just whipping them out with air tools.

IMG_20160624_152220966_HDR.thumb.jpg.0f9429e2d4e91a20a425e21f49b5c4e5.jpg

• Like 1

I will spray them overnight with penetrating oil i think mine has 3 bolts on engine side 

3 minutes ago, gibbo1471 said:

I will spray them overnight with penetrating oil i think mine has 3 bolts on engine side 

Not sure penetrating fluid will help as they aren't corroded.  They're Nylocs, designed to be stiff so that vibration doesn't shake them loose.  

Just watch the studs as you undo the nuts, if they start to move, counterhold them with a small female Torx bit or even just pliers.  When the new mount is fitted, double check the height of all the studs above the nuts against your original picture.

• Like 1

Do you need to put anything on the new ones then like loctite etc 

9 minutes ago, gibbo1471 said:

Do you need to put anything on the new ones then like loctite etc 

Should replace the nuts really, but most people don't bother.  If you've got some Loctite, that would be a good idea to use.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah that's fine, just don't overdo it.  I prefer the 'lipstick' type myself.

Loctite Threadlocker 526632

Is that what you use when the wife won't stop moaning? 😂

• Haha 4

Hi all is febibilstein a good make to have been quoted £90 including labour is this good 

• Like 1

A very well known make (though that in itself doesn't mean they're good!).

They've been around for ages and their shock absorbers are used a lot in motorsport.

But it's always worth checking Ford themselves IMHO. Sometimes their prices are not really any dearer, but you never know until you ask them. My last Ford Wiper Blades were as cheap as a set of Bosch from ECP.  But a new boot switch was £65 compared to £12 for a non-Ford part (which is currently still working OK).

• Like 1

Yeah Febi should be fine.  They're about £60 so £30 for half hours labour sounds reasonable.

Can't find the genuine 1.5 mount on eBay but Ford must be making a decent mark up on this 1.8 mount... :laugh:

2046066645_Screenshot_20220920-1931212.thumb.png.af1e8af42896b1a5d46520256a543b14.png

• Haha 1

Wow that's redicilous who going to pay that do you think most part suppliers use same material etc 

Not sure that's the right one.  Part number should be 1872079 I think.  There are a few aftermarkets with that number on eBay at £40 or less.

I don't believe they will be the same quality as OEM.  Which is why I went OEM myself.  I'm really sensitive to vibration though, most people probably won't notice much difference.  If going aftermarket would definitely make sure it comes with a warranty.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Not sure that's the right one.  Part number should be 1872079 I think.  There are a few aftermarkets with that number on eBay at £40 or less.

I don't believe they will be the same quality as OEM.  Which is why I went OEM myself.  I'm really sensitive to vibration though, most people probably won't notice much difference.  If going aftermarket would definitely make sure it comes with a warranty.  

Could you tell me the best one to get off eBay if you could plz

• Like 1

Thank you for all the help do you know if there is another mounting similar to this on the car I might as well check that for fluid Loss it does the other not have fluid in etc 

You might as well contact Ford and ask for a quote using that part number.

If not, I'd say Febi would be the best aftermarket option.  £66 on eBay.  Engine Mount fits FORD TRANSIT CONNECT 1.5D Right 2015 on XUGA Mounting 1872079 | eBay

If you want to risk a cheaper unbranded one, I'd go for this at £40 with 2 year warranty. ENGINE MOUNTING FOR FORD FOCUS III/ C-MAX II/ KUGA II 1.5 TDCI F1F16F012BB | eBay

The other mount is above the gearbox, under the battery.  There is no fluid in that one.  Gearbox Mounting fits FORD KUGA Mk2 TDCi 2.0D Left 2014 on 6 Speed MTM 1871260 | eBay

And there's a lower 'roll restrictor' beneath the gearbox.  Again, no fluid in that one either. Genuine Ford Transmission Mounting Housing 1751001 | eBay

(6sp manual transmission...if yours is auto I'll have to double check part numbers.)

K030811303.gif

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 9:00 AM, TomsFocus said:

Yes it's common.  Same mount was used on the Mk2's as well, had to change mine in 2016.  They are as easy to change as they look.  Just take care with the nuts on the engine side.  They can unwind the studs a bit...if that's not noticed it can lead the engine mount snapping and dumping your engine on the floor at a later date.  Have seen it happen a few times on here over the years, usually by oblivious garages just whipping them out with air tools.

IMG_20160624_152220966_HDR.thumb.jpg.0f9429e2d4e91a20a425e21f49b5c4e5.jpg

Did you use the original nuts 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gibbo1471 said:

Did you use the original nuts 

Yeah.  But I do like to live dangerously. :wink: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gibbo1471 said:

With locthread on maty 

Probably not.  I don't remember in all honesty.  But I prefer to give advice for 'best practice' on here, rather than what I'd actually do myself.

"Do as I say, not as I do". :biggrin: 

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club