Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Ford Fiesta Sport Van Leaking Water!!!

mark3169

hi i have a 2010 ford fiesta sport van 1.6 tdci and i had a roof rack fitted just under 5 weeks ago now and theres water leaking into the roof lining onto the rear plastic of the boot could this be the roof rack or something else, has any one else had this problem or has experienced something similar?

cheers

hi i have a 2010 ford fiesta sport van 1.6 tdci and i had a roof rack fitted just under 5 weeks ago now and theres water leaking into the roof lining onto the rear plastic of the boot could this be the roof rack or something else, has any one else had this problem or has experienced something similar?

cheers

i have a 2009 fiesta car, two days after the one year warranty expired i found a puddle under the Spare wheel.The gagage will not repair the leak as the car is older than one year.Look on the rest of this site as there are loads of fiestas with this problem,go and get it fixed asap and while it is under warranty

i have a 2009 fiesta car, two days after the one year warranty expired i found a puddle under the Spare wheel.The gagage will not repair the leak as the car is older than one year.Look on the rest of this site as there are loads of fiestas with this problem,go and get it fixed asap and while it is under warranty

if water is coming through the liner then yes ide suspect the roof rack was it a genuine ford one and how is it fitted? however if its the plastic of the boot it could be the drain channels on the roof take it back and keep taking it back or rnd up like the guy above me the new fiesta is turning into a bit of a leaky squib thousands of complaints the new ka isnt much better and it can be hard to get it fixed like the other post i suggest the light unit as one possible leak or the boot seals easiest way to tell is strip the linig out the rear get in the boot and get a mate with a garden hose to start soaking the car now look for the drips and follow them

Hi cheers for your replys yes it is a genuine ford roof rack and I had it fitted by my mechanic I rang ford and all they said is that they can't do any thing until they inspect it which will cost £75 but I asked them wot they are going to do if it is the roof racks they said that they would just seal it with proper sealant around the holes but I think I'm going to take it back to my mechanic and try the sealant and hope for the best.

Hi cheers for your replys yes it is a genuine ford roof rack and I had it fitted by my mechanic I rang ford and all they said is that they can't do any thing until they inspect it which will cost £75 but I asked them wot they are going to do if it is the roof racks they said that they would just seal it with proper sealant around the holes but I think I'm going to take it back to my mechanic and try the sealant and hope for the best.

DO NOT PAY THEM A BLINKING PENNY!!!! Water ingress is covered in your 1st year warrenty, it sounds like they are trying to put you off taking it back so thats why they are saying its going to be £75 to inspect. Get on to ford customer support, get a case reference number, tell them that your van is leaking and that your dealership is trying to charge your for warrenty work.

If it takes more than 3 times to rectify the probelm you are entitled by law for a new van or a full refund.

What utter nonsense mate.

It might apply to a kettle or a toaster but you wont be getting a new car!

As ford didnt fix the rack,his mate did ,then the dispute is with his mate,not ford.

There was no leak until his mate fitted the rack.

Dave

What utter nonsense mate.

It might apply to a kettle or a toaster but you wont be getting a new car!

As ford didnt fix the rack,his mate did ,then the dispute is with his mate,not ford.

There was no leak until his mate fitted the rack.

Dave

Oh wow someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, geez......

Well I may be wrong then and for that I apologise, no need to jump down my neck but I am not here to argue, I am simply here to try and help as I have had more than enough aggravation from cars going wrong in the past.

All I can advise then is to take the roof rack off and see if it leaks without it, if it doesnt somewhere may need sealing where it is attached. It may be a fault that has always being there with it off in that case as I know there has being an issue with leaky rears. If anything if you have no luck with the dealer or Ford customer services, get in contact with trading standards and they will advise you.

Oh wow someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, geez......

Well I may be wrong then and for that I apologise, no need to jump down my neck but I am not here to argue, I am simply here to try and help

Got out of bed without any problems today mate,seems to be you who is jumping down throats!

Whats the point of posting "you can have a new car or your money back....." when it simply isnt true?

Who does that help? How does it help anyone?

What is the point of posting something so misleading??

Dave

There you go, edited for your pleasure and as i said above I obviously made a mistake so there is absolutely no need to get all high rate with me as I havent even done anything wrong just trying to help as usual

Mark3169: let us know how you can get on please

first job would be to establish where its leaking,if its the roofrack its back to the mechanic,if its the car back to fords.

Hi Guys

Had exactly the same problem. If you take the roof rack back off, you will see the mounting holes set into the gutter. On most cars it's hiding under the plastic cappings. What happens is, usually to gain access to the threaded mountings you have to remove some of the factory sealent undet the plastic gutter strip, for want of a better word, to gain access to threaded holes that take the roof rack fixings.. Unfortunately, as it did in my case, it tends come off in great lumps leaving the seam joining the roof panels exposed. This where the rain water gets in, even when the roof rack is fitted.

What I had to do was once the roof rack was removed, was get some sealant from your local B&Q and ensure the area around the threaded holes is dry and you have to reseal the gutter seam. I covered approx 25mm either side of the hole. You have to seal it without getting any into the thread. Once dried bolt the rack back on or use the small covering clips and bobs your uncle

Tone

Hey every1 thanks 4 gerrin back to me problem solved now took it back to my mechanic and he took the roof rack of and sealed around the holes and seems to be perfect now no problems so thanks a lot for all your advice and comments

Regards mark

• 2 years later...

Just joined after spending all afternoon in the rain trying to find out where my fiesta was leaking. I spoke to ford who told me my car is out of warranty for water ingress. This is obviuosly not mentioned when buying a new motor from them. However thats their loss as no new fords for me ever again, I fitted a new ford roof rack and had no problems until I took it off, now its been leaking really bad, I replaced the rack again but still leaking. I am going to try and re-seal the gutters and refit the rack again when the weather is better. The info on here may be a lifesaver as its been driving me crazy.

Great forum and good info, I just need a new interior panel now as the clips are broken and bent. Anybody know where I can buy one at a good price. Its the cream panel between the black plastic and the roof lining on the drivers side rear, 20120 fiesta zetec.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club