Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium Sony Radio

barrywi

I have just ordered a FORD DIRECT Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI ( 60 reg 2010) through a dealer, and have a query about the SONY radio fitted to this model. It is shown in the current printed brochure but not the on line one . It looks different and has a black glossy front.I have been assured that the car I have ordered has this radio ( Marked SONY and Black faced)

Is this radio a DAB one , the dealer says yes but I am not sure. What does it do differently ( if anything)to the previous silver faced Titanium radio?

The car will arrive in about two weeks so then I can answer my own questions.

Also is there anywhere on a Ford site that I can download a PDF of the Car manual and Audio manual? The Skoda site allows you to do this, and I just want to read up on the car before it arrives.

The Sony radio is now standard on the titanium, but is not DAB as far as I know - see this. I believe it has better sound quality than the silver one and an extra 2 Speakers bringing the total to 8.

For the manual try this: Online version. There's also a new PDF linked to somewhere on here that has the Sony stereo and reversing camera in. Can't find that yet though...

Edit: Found the pdf link: PDF

nice one bro. I dream every day about sony head unit :)

Photos would be great once you get your new car. Cheers

The picture is in the current Fiesta brochure. but when I get the car in about two weeks I will post some pix. Just joined the forum today so feeling my way around a bit. It's my wifes car but I will drive it a lot. Disappointed its not a DAB radio but wasn't expecting it to be anyway. The main reason for wanting it was to get rid of some of the aluminium( plastic) trim on the dash and maybe better sound quality. We have been used to a Skoda Fabia which is all black and don't particularly like fascias that look like a 12 year old's "boombox"....its my age you see!!

Its a great radio/sound system. I have the sony one too (I put a few pics of it half way down my thread if you want to see the overall appearence of the dash > http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17920&st=0 ).

When I looked at photos of it when it was first announced I thought it looked a little after-market but since then it has grown on me and I love it. Sure you will too.

Some people dont like it......but I managed to get one from a scrapped car.....

IMAG0385.jpg

Its not straight forward to retro fit.....ive got everthing working other than the blue display.....but im unsure if to bother. Sound quality IS better without a doubt...

IMAG0390.jpg

Ken

Wow nice work - You should start a retro-fit thread - I've noticed several people asking if it can be done on this forum.

I have had my new Ford titanium for a week now. The Sony system is amazing but there are also great other features Inc the voice control, bluetooth and the "Y" cable to connect a iPhone/iPod with the car with out all that messy and unnecessary wiring every where! You need to order the "y" cable from ford parts or your dealership. £25. the sound quality is good to. I had a 56 plate Audi A3 which had built in Bose Speakers and ok the sound was amazing but on a serious note the ford Speakers are pretty similar in sound quality! Hope you enjoy your Ford!

I have had my new Ford titanium for a week now. The Sony system is amazing but there are also great other features Inc the voice control, Bluetooth and the "Y" cable to connect a iPhone/iPod with the car with out all that messy and unnecessary wiring every where! You need to order the "y" cable from ford parts or your dealership. £25. the sound quality is good to. I had a 56 plate Audi A3 which had built in Bose speakers and ok the sound was amazing but on a serious note the ford speakers are pretty similar in sound quality! Hope you enjoy your Ford!

My 2 year old Titanium has that with the standard unit, it's not specific to the Sony unit. Personally, I prefer a stubby USB stick for my music, can leave it in the car, cheaper than an iPod cable and no messy cables anywhere.

I dont know what to be more concerned by the fact a mod was aparently so simple as changing it or the fact that a stereo only found in cars made in the last 3 months was as at a scrappy im assuming a write off.

I just play music over blue tooth with my Iphone. Works a treat, plug it in to charge and then got to the stream setting.

Saves me forking out for a cable.

I don't have to do anything, just get in the car and drive off, no taking phone out of pocket, no plugging it in to charge, no draining of phone battery and no bluetooth syncing issues. It couldn't be easier.

I don't have to do anything, just get in the car and drive off, no taking phone out of pocket, no plugging it in to charge, no draining of phone battery and no bluetooth syncing issues. It couldn't be easier.

Yeah I know, I use the USB system for the rest of my music...

It's the same as the Alfa.

Mines the same as this, however every now and again i have to re-syn my iPhone... i dont know whether this is normal. It never happend with my blackberry so i dont know if its a iPhone thing

Mines the same as this, however every now and again i have to re-syn my iphone... i dont know whether this is normal. It never happend with my blackberry so i dont know if its a iPhone thing

Yup, once a month should fit it. I'm pretty sure it's just an iPhone thing, iOS 4.1 and 4.2 made a huge change to the troublesome nature of iOS 4.0 and below, but it's still not 100%. Still, an easy price to pay to have such a great phone :)

I am picking up my Titanium after a two week wait for Ford Direct to deliver to the dealer, on Monday afternoon. I will ask the salesman and report back as to if it is possible to swap and at what cost.

I am picking up my Titanium after a two week wait for Ford Direct to deliver to the dealer, on Monday afternoon. I will ask the salesman and report back as to if it is possible to swap and at what cost.

Im afriad Ford will not offer you a retro fit as the "audio" part of the dash loom is differnt for the Sony headunit...

Ken

I'm afraid Ford will not offer you a retro fit as the "audio" part of the dash loom is different for the Sony headunit...

That's interesting. Any comments from those who have done the swap?

Savcom

That's interesting. Any comments from those who have done the swap?

Savcom

Erm.....that is a comment from someone who has done the swap......

Ken

Erm.....that is a comment from someone who has done the swap......

Ok, thanks for that. Perhaps you could elucidate then on what, exactly, the differences are and, since you HAVE done the swap, how you got round it. :P

You need.......

To cut the end off a loom which had the sony unit fitted as standard in order to get the plug needed as you cannot get it from ford

Then order a parrot patch lead that you would use to fit one of their hands free kits in order to get the sockets needed

Then you need the wiring diagram for the fiesta audio system......

Then get the soldering iron out and make a conversion lead up.....

It took for ever....and if you get it wrong you can damage the headunit...display.....bt unit....or all 3.....

Ken