Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Minor Mods To Date

Brigante

Started work on the mirrors today n got the passenger side done:

2012-09-26200535.jpg

Gonna do the driverside tomorrow n I'm all good. Gotta spray me other indicator too so that'll take 3 days in total for all the drying time.

And the paduan has become the Jedi.

Good effort mate.

I'm not that familiar with star wars mate but cheers lol, I think..

Started work on the mirrors today n got the passenger side done:

2012-09-26200535.jpg

Gonna do the driverside tomorrow n I'm all good. Gotta spray me other indicator too so that'll take 3 days in total for all the drying time.

Looks good mate,

May be an idea to purchase some tint decals for the old side fender repeaters.

Like focus or ST. The guys who make the brake light covers may be able to make some up for them.

Spray dark smoke tint on them then apply the decal so all appears to be black.

But wire them to your parking lights along with a Genlabs DRLR2 which would reduce illumination by 50% resulting in illumiated decal on your side fenders that looks good but not bright enough to get you pulled.

Jeeze I'm away with work busy as hell and i come back and you guys have cars that look nothing like when i went away. SLOW DOWN. Ha.

No seriously, cars looking great mate, doing very well. The blue theme is certainly eye catching, it'd turn heads if you pulled up at your local supermarket one night and opened the door. (UFO from the sky)

Also il give your signature a whack later ok mate, been very busy thats all.

Jeeze I'm away with work busy as hell and i come back and you guys have cars that look nothing like when i went away. SLOW DOWN. Ha.

No seriously, cars looking great mate, doing very well. The blue theme is certainly eye catching, it'd turn heads if you pulled up at your local supermarket one night and opened the door. (UFO from the sky)

Also il give your signature a whack later ok mate, been very busy thats all.

Lmao I hold this !Removed! forum responsible for all my mods n grief it's caused my Missus ;)

Never planned on doing anything to the car when I bought it n now I'm doing like a different mod every week.

Nice one bout the signature mate, no rush though like just whenever you get time.

Right lads second wing mirror indicator fitted n up n running

2012-09-27172418.jpg

Now to begiin the 3 day process of spraying the other blanking plate n It'll be finished.

Looks great job well done

Cheers mate

Relatively simple mod n well worth it

Second coat of lacquer on the other blanking plate n it'll soon be on the car

2012-09-28173330.jpg

Video to prove they actually work ;)

Excellent job done mate,

Fair play to you spraying the indicators yourself too.

I couldn't spray to save my life I wish I had the patience to but I don't and I usually apply too much at once lol.

Anyways,

The car is coming on very well in a short length of time mate, less than 6 months ago so what's on the plan next ?

Cheers mate I am pleased with it. was relatively easy to do as well. Apart from dropping a &#33;Removed&#33; bolt n popper in the door lol n having to remove the door card <_< Just wish I'd of remembered to take a few photo's though to write up a guide.

The spraying of the indicators went really well to be fair. The second one only took a day lol cause I was impatient, sanded it, primed it, then cause the primer was a nice smooth coat I let it touch dry for 2hours then sprayed the paint straight on it. Let the paint dry over night then lacquered it the next day.

Lmao I know mate 6months ago the car was completely stock, joined this forum n now look at it. Got no mods planned in the short term now till I'm back in work, which may be soon if I'm lucky. Only done the mirrors cause a chance came up to get em for 50quid so I got em why I could.

Next small mods will probably be cupholder LEDs, maybe gel overlays, sun strip n probably door puddle lights. Next big mod will probably be the head unit n reverse camera but that will have to wait till my birthday in november. N if I get a job in the mean time I'm keeping my eyes out for an ST front bumper n ST side skirts. Although I won't be fitting an ST front bumper till I've got ST alloys on lowered Eibach springs n some sort of duplex exhaust.

Can you recommend any small mods I can do on the cheap that I may wanna do in the mean time till the next big mod mate?

So basically I've got a whole lot more to do lol

Cheers mate I am pleased with it.

Can you recommend any small mods I can do on the cheap that I may wanna do in the mean time till the next big mod mate

The cup holder led's on preee's guide are a great mod especially when fitted with a 12v illuminated rocker switch in the OBD port dash pocket. The switch will illuminate the dash pocket aswell as activating the cup holder illumination. And regarding the door handle led's best to wire them to function in time with the footwell lighting or put them on a rocker switch so as they are off when the brighter blue are looking in the drivers door.

Regarding other mod ideas apart from the rest of the st kit and costing less than the st parts, Since your good at spraying you could prime and spray your engine cover a nice blue to compliment the interior lighting. Maybe do the fuse box cover too and measure the diameter of your windscreen jets piping. Samco hoses sell 5 metre lengths of hose for less than 25 pounds and would be a direct replacment for your stock piping plis has the samco logo evey 3 inches. Maybe purchase the pipe then get the paint to match the pipe. Then to give a good contrast you could carbon wrap the fuse box lid and battery box lid. A blue raisin volt stabiliser kit would also look good as all cables are blue and it even illuminates blue when the engine is running. Finally you could change the hoses from the coolant resivour tank to the radiator to samco blue ones.

All of the above would be around 100-150 at the most and are rewarding mods that all cost a little but result in alot of good detail.

Onwards from that is some blue magnacore ignition leads that go from the dristrubuter cap to the sparkplugs but if the engine cover blocks these from view theñ their is not much point.

Another mod to compliment the engine bay is pre-cut sticky backed mirror sections that fit in to the various sections on the underside of the bonnet to reflect your colour coded engine bay. Available from teamtorquesteer Aswell as chrome resivour covers and caps for the radiator and brake fluid.

To top it off then you couldj fit an oil catch tank of your choice to enhance appearance aswell as oil performance.

Good job on the indicators mate. This was one of the first mods I did on mine...I gathered up the parts individually for next to nothing but the lenses were two different colours (neither of them in my shade of blue!), so just put a bit of carbon wrap on them rather than paint to keep the cost of the mod to a minimum.

I still have the standard side repeater lenses in place, which is odd I suppose (see below), but I had planned to put a full ST kit on so already have the ST wing badges waiting to fill the holes. Might put a bit of carbon wrap over the lenses in the mean time though.

post-30295-0-52265500-1349092795_thumb.j

If I'd seen earlier you were doing this I could have given you the heads up about the plugs being different. Like yourself, I just put the lenses and covers onto my existing units and tapped the wiring into the side repeaters. I've done a bit of spraying/colour coding in the past, but in this case just went for a few metres of carbon wrap instead of the paint and laquer.

Good job on the indicators mate. This was one of the first mods I did on mine...I gathered up the parts individually for next to nothing but the lenses were two different colours (neither of them in my shade of blue!), so just put a bit of carbon wrap on them rather than paint to keep the cost of the mod to a minimum.

I still have the standard side repeater lenses in place, which is odd I suppose (see below), but I had planned to put a full ST kit on so already have the ST wing badges waiting to fill the holes. Might put a bit of carbon wrap over the lenses in the mean time though.

post-30295-0-52265500-1349092795_thumb.j

If I'd seen earlier you were doing this I could have given you the heads up about the plugs being different. Like yourself, I just put the lenses and covers onto my existing units and tapped the wiring into the side repeaters. I've done a bit of spraying/colour coding in the past, but in this case just went for a few metres of carbon wrap instead of the paint and laquer.

Nice one mate. It is one of the mods I'd planned from the start. Did think the plugs was gonna be different from having the extra wires, but after messaging a load of breakers asking if they'd do just the repeaters n covers but they all said no. N I priced the parts up with ford n was talking a 100quid for just the repeaters n the covers colour coded.

So when I saw the chance to get both full mirrors ready in the right colour for 50quid thought it was worth a punt in case I got lucking having the ghia n they turned out to be plug n play. If they weren't then I'd have still got em cheap enough over buying just the repeaters n covers n could easily transplant what I needed onto my existing units.

Then with the old indicator lenses, I already had all the revelent spraying materials laying around from when some eejit must have scraped along me in a car park leaving me with some nasty scratchs to the front bumper so I bought everything I needed to repair em myself n was just waiting for some decent weather to do so, but then a lorry decided cut me up resulting in needing the whole bumper replacing anyway.

So as I had all the paint ready, instead of buying the chrome blanking plates with focus written on them for 20quid, I just colour coded my old indicators to the rest of the car n did a rather good job of it.

What route did you take getting your wiring from the mirrors to the existing indicator loom mate?

Took the wiring down along the rubber conduit that's already in place there. Think someone linked to an old guide from another forum earlier up the thread...I didn't open the link but I'm assuming it's the same one that I used. All pretty straightforward and the wiring's well out of sight now. I put some silver indicator bulbs in too (always use them all round to get rid of the 'fried egg' effect!) and was really pleased with results.

It honestly never dawned on me before now (and seeing your colour coding, so cheers!) to wrap the lenses ya know, that's def on the cards for tonight in front of the tele when I get back from football!

I gathered up my parts for about £20 believe it or not. Took a few weeks but I think it's a crackin mod for such little effort. By the way, there's a guy selling a pair of covers which have been plasti-dipped over on STOC for a tenner if anyone's interested in gathering up the parts. All that's needed then are the indicator units, a bit of speaker wire and some heatshrink/insulation tape.

I'm actually in the middle of bumper woes myself at the minute mate, I'm hoping there's a happy ending for me. I MOT'd the car last Weds morning, then coming into work Thurs the car behind me was hit from behind and shunted in to me. No one seriously hurt and only bumper damage on my car, but still need it replaced and given the three parties involved and the location where it happened etc it's turning out to be a right nightmare with insurance. I'm trying to see it as an excuse to get the ST bumper and skirts that I have in storage on now rather than a brand new replacement bumper. Just need the front bumper and exhaust then.

It's times like this I hate not having a paint colour that the ST came in. At least you're able to straight swap with black parts, but as mine is (the horribly named) 'Jeans Blue', any ST parts I get my hands on need sprayed first. Same story on the inside as I have a blue/cream interior also.

Took the wiring down along the rubber conduit that's already in place there. Think someone linked to an old guide from another forum earlier up the thread...I didn't open the link but I'm assuming it's the same one that I used. All pretty straightforward and the wiring's well out of sight now. I put some silver indicator bulbs in too (always use them all round to get rid of the 'fried egg' effect!) and was really pleased with results.

It honestly never dawned on me before now (and seeing your colour coding, so cheers!) to wrap the lenses ya know, that's def on the cards for tonight in front of the tele when I get back from football!

I gathered up my parts for about £20 believe it or not. Took a few weeks but I think it's a crackin mod for such little effort. By the way, there's a guy selling a pair of covers which have been plasti-dipped over on STOC for a tenner if anyone's interested in gathering up the parts. All that's needed then are the indicator units, a bit of speaker wire and some heatshrink/insulation tape.

I'm actually in the middle of bumper woes myself at the minute mate, I'm hoping there's a happy ending for me. I MOT'd the car last Weds morning, then coming into work Thurs the car behind me was hit from behind and shunted in to me. No one seriously hurt and only bumper damage on my car, but still need it replaced and given the three parties involved and the location where it happened etc it's turning out to be a right nightmare with insurance. I'm trying to see it as an excuse to get the ST bumper and skirts that I have in storage on now rather than a brand new replacement bumper. Just need the front bumper and exhaust then.

It's times like this I hate not having a paint colour that the ST came in. At least you're able to straight swap with black parts, but as mine is (the horribly named) 'Jeans Blue', any ST parts I get my hands on need sprayed first. Same story on the inside as I have a blue/cream interior also.

Did you run your wires down inside the rubber conduit with the other wires inside it, or did you run your new wires on the outside of the conduit n cable tie them behind it so it's out of sight like it says in the guide?

I meant to take a few photo's while I was doing it to write up an owners club guide but as there's that other one on the other site I didn't bother cause I just wanted to get em wired up at the time. When I get time though I may take one back apart n do my own guide anyway for this forum if anyone wants me to.

Go for it mate if you've already got the carbon wrap, It'll look a lot better. I could have wrapped mine cause I've still got loads left, But as I already had the primer, lacquer n colour coded paint sitting around I decided to do that as a more permanent measure.

20quids really good mate but as you said they mis-matching covers lol but it must look good carbon wrapped. Was thinking about wrapping mine before I did the mod but never had the time.

Was looking at these:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_panther_black_lh_door_mirror_cover_for_mirrors_with_indicator_lamp____f_1545461.htm

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_panther_black_rh_door_mirror_cover_for_mirrors_with_indicator_lamp___f_1545462.htm

But at 70quid just for the new covers colour coded they having a giraffe.

Then add on 18quid each for the repeater units:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_cabriolet_door_mirror_turn_signal_lamp_rh_2006-2010_f_4450780.htm

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_cabriolet_door_mirror_turn_signal_lamp_lh_2006-2010_f_4450781.htm

And you got one big &#33;Removed&#33; giraffe lol.

So instead of spending 110quid for new parts, 50quid for a pair of complete mirrors was a &#33;Removed&#33; good deal in my opinion lol even if I did just take the parts I needed off them to transplant onto my existing units.

&#33;Removed&#33; hell mate sorry to hear about your little crash mate. Not good at all. I basically used the same reason when I had a little rear end shunt to buy a rear ST bumper. Still got my eyes out for a front bumper n side skirts but funds ain't allowing it right now.

How much did you pick up your bumper n skirts for? N how much you pay for the alloys? Shame about the colour of your car mate.

I just ran it down the outside of the rubber on the blindside and cable-tied it mate. Like yourself, at the time I just wanted to get them wired and you can't see the wiring from anywhere so I'm happy enough with that!

Just a side note too on my covers...I mustn't have clipped one back in properly and it made a break for freedom one day. Needless to say it didn't fair too well against the HGV that was coming behind me. I ended up buying an aftermarket replacement and honestly, as I wrapped it too, I think it's spot on and fits perfectly. It also came primed if I do decide to colour code at some stage. Full ST mirror for under a tenner posted in black, cover and indicator for the other side for under a tenner posted in blue, then some speaker wire and wrap. Never too keen on the new prices from Ford! Which brings me to your next question about the prices for my other parts...bit of a bargain hunter so I think I've done ok for myself, but as I said I need to factor in paint costs too so never want to pay more than I can get away with...

Genuine Ford/Ronal wheels with two good tyres - £140

Rear bumper (bare) - £30

Rear fog surrounds - £20

Skirts - £40 (plus £15 postage)

Have gathered up the front fogs and surrounds, wing badges, xenons and all the bits in my sig on the cheap too. Think this little bump is the inspiration to really push for sourcing a front bumper and getting it all finally painted and fitted, and would like a wheel refurb too if I'm honest but struggling to find anyone reputable, local and cheap...those three words just don't seem to go together!

The colour's unfortunate, but to be honest I wasn't even looking for a Focus when I bought it. I was toying with the idea of selling my Mondeo because of the mileage, then this Focus popped up one morning at a steal of a price so I bought it and sold my Mondy. If I'd been specifically after a Focus I'd have made sure and got one in an ST colour, haha! Maybe a full body respray in Electric Orange should be on the cards?!

Same way I routed it then mate.

How'd you manage to get em at those prices? Did your rear bumper come with mounting brackets? Paid 130 for mine but it come complete n ready in the right colour. Had a few bad scratches though that I touched up myself.

How the hell you get your wheels for that price lol? Cheapest I've really seen is for around the 300 mark.

And again, how the hell you get your skirts for that price lol? What colour are they currently?

When did you get your front bumper surrounds? Every front bumper I seem to see has them missing.

Rear bumper didn't come with brackets no. Pretty sure though I can just remove the ones off my current bumper though and use them, just need new pop rivets or somethin. Shortly after I got the Focus and got the ST kit idea in my head I started checking eBay and gumtree for parts. I noticed on gumtree an ad that was a month old for an ST bumper in Performance Blue for £50 that was just taking up space in a guy's shed. Turns out he had bought it with the intention of putting an ST kit on his as well but gave up on the idea. I offered £30 and he got some room back in his shed!

Gumtree again for the wheels - a guy put them up for £180, I asked questions and got loads of pics off him (any damage, part nos and manufacturer markings on the back of the spokes etc) as it was a bit of a trek for me. Front two had minimal kerbing and needed new tyres but the rears were spotless with good rubber. Bit of paint flaking too though on the fronts. The guy took them off his/wife's car for winter and the wife didn't want them back on then after the extra comfort of the 16s. They lay in his garage for a while before he decided to shift them. They probably weren't prepped well for storage though, hence the paint flaking and why I now want a refurb! Still though, I offered £140 as I had to travel and he accepted. They'd be worth a lot more I'd say with a refurb. Got £100 back for the aftermarket 18s that were already on my car then too so worked out well for me!

The skirts were off eBay from a breaker on your side of the pond. Just remembered I actually paid a few quid extra for him to package up, then I sourced my own courier. They're in Performance Blue also. Complete with end caps but no fitting clips, but I'll prob get stuff fitted at the bodyshop anyway after paint rather than do it myself so no issue there.

The fogs and surrounds (light units are different from standard, but I think they might be the same as standard units on the Mk2.5 facelift, but don't quote me on that!) I got off eBay months ago as a set complete with bulbs. They can be hard enough to come by, which is strange considering, as you say, how many bumpers you see for sale without them! The grilles and even tow eye cover and washer jet covers are other things to make sure are present when looking for a bumper.

MS Design rear spoiler in my colour was £30 through ebay/ffoc, xenons fitted with HID Kit but supplied with original bulbs and ballasts also were £40 as they needed a bit of re-wiring, again through gumtree.

Focus ST Owners Club is a pretty decent forum for the classifieds. Those guys do a lot of experimenting with bits and pieces like fogs surrounds and grilles so you can pick up some on there from time to time. I'm a member but don't post on there, just stalk the classifieds on a daily basis!

Tried wrapping my side repeaters last night by the way...was a rushed job and will def be re-doing them, but I do like it from a distance! Will try get a pic up later sure.

PS Apologies about the length of the post! I seem to get caught up in the often pointless finer details!

Edited by gforce

Yeah with the rear bumper you can just drill your current ones out your old bumper n rivet em onto the ST one.

Every time I've messaged anyone on gumtree none of the gits have ever got back to me.

If the fog surrounds came off a facelift I don't think they'll fit your motor mate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club