Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Illuminated Ignition Barrel Wiring Issues

Oxide

The pads make the boot look a lot tider mate compared to the image of the wedge bulbs

I know mate thats why I recommended them in the first place but if he does'nt wanna wait for the pads he can make do with the wedge bulbs he already has on the way till he decides to get the pads ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Oxide

• Stoney871

• quadrophenic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I probably will end up using the pads, even though I'll be waiting for a while to get them. I have 4 wedge bulbs on the way which will cover my front footwells and courtesy light with 1 spare. I take it the glovebox light is a wedge bulb? If so I can use the spare for my glovebox and order 2 pads for the boot light. I'm not overly concerned about the glovebox light being too bright as I don't use it that often.

As for the glove box mate I tried fitting one of the same wedge bulbs you've got on order, but it was too chunky n wouldn't fit. So I put in a 5smd, which fit but cause of where the glove box light is, pretty much no light from.it was getting into the glove box so it was pointless.

So you will wanna go with a pad cause its self adhesive n got a bit of wire on it n a wedge adapter so it'll plug straight in the glove box bulb holder n you can stick it actually in the glove box.

So if you do get the pads you just might as well order 3 at a time cause they only cheap. Also, I don't think the seller I got mine from was that good, either that or the postal services was being poor. So you may be alright n have no delays n have em in just over a week n not a month like mine.

Ok, I've got the 3 pads on order. I'll need to pick up a Stanley blade and some wire, and if you're still happy to send me the spare wedge socket I'd be very grateful. I guess if I can cut the hole the right size for the pads then the plastic cover is somewhat unnecessary?

Sorry I'm being a bit slow lately, works running me ragged and I'm on about 3 hours of sleep a night. I appreciate your patience :)

Ok, I've got the 3 pads on order. I'll need to pick up a Stanley blade and some wire, and if you're still happy to send me the spare wedge socket I'd be very grateful. I guess if I can cut the hole the right size for the pads then the plastic cover is somewhat unnecessary?

Sorry I'm being a bit slow lately, works running me ragged and I'm on about 3 hours of sleep a night. I appreciate your patience :)

Yes mate no problem just PM me an address or summin n I'll whack it in the post box soon as so it'll save you a few quid from buying one off eBay. Then all you need is some 15amp wire n your good to go. Till the pads come you can make do with 2 of the wedge bulbs if you want like I did, you won't know the second one hasn't got a cover unless you stick your head under.

When you cut the hole for the second pad, do cut it exactly the same size as the existing boot light hole so the pads got summin to stick to. But yeah the plastic cover won't be needed.

N I know exactly how you feel with the lack of sleep mate, most nights I can make do with an hour or less sleep so I have plenty of 'blonde moments' myself ;)

Will PM you my address now, thanks for all the help mate, am very grateful.

No worries mate, always here to help where I can ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club