Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"taking Oval To Blue Horizon" Lenny's Build Thread 2010-2015

Lenny

Is the Apple adapter you purchased; the USB & Media port cable?

My wife has an iPhone 4S so I've fitted the Apple loom to the centre console,

Or have you gone all out mirror link where your iPhone is fully functional on screen?

As for the reverse camera,

Pioneer released a firmware update which solves some reverse camera glitches,

See link:

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/software/AVH-X8600BT/page.html#download_429

I presume you have it connected via the BC input (brown socket) not the yellow AV input,

The camera takes a minute to display when reversing,

I suggest fitting an auto relay to the trailer loom if possible,

I can work with you on this later tonight when i get time,

This will need no switch and automatically deactivate reverse camera when trailer is fitted,

My camera is a bit fizzy at times,

But i didn't earth to body i earthed to reverse loom so that is probably the issue.

Thanks for comments,

Its bright now so im going back out to install,

Talk to you later

Updated to latest firmwire and still the same.

I have my mobius connected to video in and back cam to brown like you said. My old sony headunit i could just tap rearcam icon and view th cam with music still playing. But this unit it doesnt seem to have that option? Maybe will have to use a "Y" splitter and use in video out port - can switch between front and rear that way? I also use the rear cam for parking too and to watch tailgaters lol.

Got the genuine apple hdmi to lightning adaptor which will try next week to mirror screen - allows internet browsing, location sending to friends n family etc, and more. Car play is limited but still great!

How you finding the headunit? Still learning mine haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Very slick.

Thanks mate, im well pleased with it.

Updated to latest firmwire and still the same.

I have my mobius connected to video in and back cam to brown like you said. My old sony headunit i could just tap rearcam icon and view the cam with music still playing. But this unit it doesnt seem to have that option? Maybe will have to use a "Y" splitter and use in video out port - can switch between front and rear that way? I also use the rear cam for parking too and to watch tailgaters lol.

Got the genuine apple hdmi to lightning adaptor which will try next week to mirror screen - allows internet browsing, location sending to friends n family etc, and more. Car play is limited but still great!

How you finding the headunit? Still learning mine haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yesterday was my first time driving around with the headunit installed, and i have noticed a random duration of time delay before the image appears for the reverse camera, music continues to play while displaying the rear camera screen,

However the waiting time is frustrating, ill need to try sort that out probably a software update needed again.

We only have the iPhone 4S so i purchased the CA-IW.201S does the same job just doesn't have the lightening connection,

I've paid for some additional apps on Vicki's phone such as the mixtrax and facility finder,

Not used them yet though as I've not been driving much since fitting.

Im sort of getting used to it,

Using the steering stalk most of the time as i know it well,

Bugging me about the reverse camera response delay,

And the option for using the Auto/EQ Calibration wont let me access for some reason i need to sort that too.

Ill get there in the end though lol

bluetooth music streaming is cool too.

liking the new head unit

Thanks Barry mate,

Surprised myself at last minute and went for it mainly as its got two USB inputs enabling iPhone and Android be connected at the same time,

I think im done now until 2015 however depending on how much assistance Santa needs this year; i may have enough funds left in the kitty from Christmas Bonus after doing my bit for local charity to purchase a few more items off the watch list :)

Has become quite an addictive and therapeutic process seeing it all come to life.

Thanks for response guys :)

• Like 2

Really slick looking headunit there Lenny. Looks ace and with all the new functions, it will give you years of use. Can't wait for you to get the new Speakers and wire all the amps up. Reckon it will be something awesome. Enjoy :)

• Like 2

Keep up the good work Fella :D

thanks mate will do :lol:

Really slick looking headunit there Lenny. Looks ace and with all the new functions, it will give you years of use. Can't wait for you to get the new speakers and wire all the amps up. Reckon it will be something awesome. Enjoy :)

Thanks mate, its sure to be good for next ten years anyway, the speaker install will finish it off nicely only thing required then is some roadtrips to enjoy it.
  • Like 1

I got bored this morning and decided to install the cameras for the DVR system,

The daunting part that i was dreading is phishing the loom from rear camera through the goose neck between boot door and main chassis,

It went better than i thought thankfully there now fitted nicely,

However I've gotta make a few purchases to get it the DVR unit operating where i want it to inside the glovebox.

Need a piggyback fuse adaptor and a double USB socket with loom,

All available from my good friend @ AutoStar Shop

USB Socket kit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181422922118?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Mini Blade Fuse piggy back adaptor:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180735824927?redirect=mobile

Plan is to use the second USB socket for the tomtom Satnav when required run a feed from glovebox socket instead of 12v from the centre console.

Red USB cable obtained for the DVR system to ensure it never gets unplugged in error see link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191324559246

The Cameras are quite discreet although vicki says it feels like a Taxi :lol:

Front camera isn't that noticeable:

IMG_20141201_125920_zpsohlkwzh_edit_1417

IMG_20141201_130122_zpseugxd4gs.jpg

And the rear camera fitted,

Not noticeable from outside at all with the tint:

IMG_20141201_125951_zpsv8djcl7z.jpg

IMG_20141201_130133_zps7kiwoox_edit_1417

The only complicated job that remains in the whole process is phishing the Vibe FlatFlex through the Goose Neck in all four doors.

I'm very happy with how the cameras sit, and the picture quality is better than the camera I've used to take these images,

Link to the DVR kit I've purchased aswell as further images can be saw on page 54 of this thread or by following this link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2015/page-54

P.S

Please excuse the dirt of the car, hasn't been washed since the ford meet in Swords last September :lol:

Edit: The DVR system Installation process has continued on page: 60 of this thread,

Keep reading through

Or

Follow link:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2015/page-60#entry434512

• Like 2

I agree with Lenny. Totally addictive and therapeutic at the same time. Just wait till you have it all done. Then you will be grinning everytime you fire it up :P

• Like 2

I agree with Lenny. Totally addictive and therapeutic at the same time. Just wait till you have it all done. Then you will be grinning everytime you fire it up :P

+1 if it starts mate :lol: all these accessories feeding from the battery.

I've left enough excess loom on the rear camera so it can be transferred to the rear passenger window enabling it to continue recording the rear while im driving sideways on full opposite lock :lol:

Gotta keep er tidy for the next few weeks though; just received an email notification that Santa Claus is following me on Twitter :wacko:

The more things turn out as planned; fuels the incentive to continue which then becomes highly addictive and mind blowingly therapeutic,

Spending up to an hour trying to phish a cable through exactly where you want it, giving you emence hardship then when it finally goes through it almost brings tears of joy with it.

• Like 2

News just in:

There will be one more unexpected update on the build 24th December :)

• Like 2

It's not a picture you in the big red suite is it Lenny? Cardboard cutouts stuck to the side of the focus? ;)

• Like 1

It's not a picture you in the big red suite is it Lenny? Cardboard cutouts stuck to the side of the focus? ;)

:lol: no mate,

I've got a few deliveries scheduled from Uk Asia and America gonna stock pile and document as they arrive then upload the summary on the 24th

Not purchasing the JL C2's just yet though :)

• Like 1

News just in:

There will be one more unexpected update on the build 24th December :)

Your preggers again?

• Like 3

Your preggers again?

no chance luv, make the most of what ya got, im not pimping out an Smax
  • Like 2

snip snip?

If Vicki had her way it would be done with two half bricks.

• Like 1

snip snip?

If Vicki had her way it would be done with two half bricks.

ouch!

She's currently watching a show regarding Castration on Channel 4 Says contains scenes of castration and flashing images?

Who gets castrated in a nightclub?

• Like 1

Any man that dares to eye up another woman while his missus is stood next to them.

• Like 2

snip snip?

No need Phil we are married now! So no more cuddling with clothes off! < what lenny actually calls it! Pmsl

Any man that dares to eye up another woman while his missus is stood next to them.

Well said Clive! Remember that time Paul's missus was gonna kick the crap outta me cus he asked you to wife swap for the evening leonard darling!

• Like 1

No need Phil we are married now! So no more cuddling with clothes off! < what lenny actually calls it! Pmsl

No i don't :lol:

Well said Clive! Remember that time Paul's missus was gonna kick the crap outta me cus he asked you to wife swap for the evening leonard darling!

+1 that was a Paul from a previous job back in 2003 lol

Got drunk and reached across his missus to ask me if id swap partners for the night lol his missus sitting between the two of us,

He had four kids for four different mothers and his missus whom was the mother of none,

Nice guy but a bit of a Jeremy Kyle show candidate.

• Like 1

Seeing as you're up late Lenny... Thought I'd share this with you, I found it online the other week;

post-57403-14175696169_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

So it was on until he threw the keys to his Astra onto the table?

:d

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club