Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Its Quickly Going Wrong!!

Aldoo

Hi

had a bit on recently so not been doing much with the car or on here much

still running the 18s but without lowering and stuff as it was before, all iv done/had done is all the filters and a timing belt last month - nothing worth posting!

but today problems have come thick and fast!! :blink:

i drove 15 miles to work all fine

came home tonight and the brake warning light came on - fluid is topped up fine so i suspected brake pads

..but after popping out tonight the engine management light has came on and then the indicator repeater on the dash stopped working, but on checking the actual indicators are still working!

..i have no idea whats happening! :angry: i think the pads could do with replacing, but that certainly isnt causing the other problems!

has anyone got any ideas? im going to get it plugged into diagnostics ASAP, but that could still be a couple days

Thanks everyone

Sounds like an electrical gremlin unfortunately. Do you have an OBD II connector? if you do, try scanning and see what responses come back, otherwise disconnect it, as I saw this on my own car, dodgy behaviour with the OBD connected and phone listening to car.

Check the connectors under the glovebox on the fuse panel. From what you have said its likely one of them has come loose or been disturbed.

is there a particular one i should check?

the indicator symptom makes me think a relay has gone

..but its all within a couple hours and all totally different things that i think its one big thing instead of several small things!

and ill be getting my hands on a reader ASAP mate - did you run it whilst driving normally then?

cheers

is there a particular one i should check?

the indicator symptom makes me think a relay has gone

..but its all within a couple hours and all totally different things that i think its one big thing instead of several small things!

and ill be getting my hands on a reader ASAP mate - did you run it whilst driving normally then?

cheers

From what I can remember there is a big connector and 2 smaller ones. It's one of the smaller ones (still has quite a number of terminations within it)

Had this problem with a 2005 mk2 a while ago, indicators, brake warning, central locking and other things playing up

thats the one!! the locking was weird for a period! ill try it tomorrow and report back - but others feel free to input in case ;) lol

..does however sound like theyre the smaller parts and i could still have an engine management light once sorted :unsure:

thanks again

I can't remember if the engine management light come on or not.

You will know the connectors I'm talking about, they have a locking lever on them. I unplugged them and reseated them and that sorted the problem.

oh right, i know which you're talking about ..if it is a connector id put money on it being the little one on the left! :D

lets hope it sorts it! ..hope the EM light doesnt stay on purely because of memory! lol

cheers

come to think of it I had a similar issue, wipers, lights, indicators, all gone. Didn't test much else. Took me a while, got a bit nervous and ended up driving in light rain, with none of the above, auto electrician couldnt diagnose t. It was only after I pulled the glovebox fusebox down and saw the harnass was pushed in but had shook loose, so the locking 'handle' did not click fully and vibrated out by hairs widths... enough to stop it all dead.

Checked the connection.

It did seem to be in right, but it obviously wasn't because the indicator warning and brake warning is working now! :D

EM is still on though so ill get that read possibly tomorrow and will report back

It could be possible that it stays on once the error has gone, they do tend to need to be read and cleared to disappear

Thanks guys! :)

disconnect the battery for an hour or so, that should clear the EML then if it comes back you can worry :p

Update:

FORD FOCUS' FIX THEMSELVES AND ARE MAGIC!!! :D

i double checked the connections and all problems except the engine management light were fixed. but after about 70miles the light went off without me doing anything!

so thats all that sorted - thought id update for if anyone comes across this thread in future

Thanks again guys!!

• Like 1

Update:

FORD FOCUS' FIX THEMSELVES AND ARE MAGIC!!! :D

i double checked the connections and all problems except the engine management light were fixed. but after about 70miles the light went off without me doing anything!

so thats all that sorted - thought id update for if anyone comes across this thread in future

Thanks again guys!!

Great stuff. Sometimes you get lucky and the light will clear itself providing the fault has been removed. Happy motoring once again

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club