Titanium vs Zetec S

JAR897

Zetec S or Titanium  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better car overall?

• Titanium X
    • Zetec S

name='Daniel' date='Jun 11 2009, 07:48 PM' post='28252'

So my vote would be Titanium with 16" alloys (the £100 option 7-spoke ones- my Mum has just ordered one!)

That's exactly what I have ordered for September delivery - the Titanium 3-door with dress-up kit AND the 16" 7-spoke alloys.

I didn't want the 17" alloys for good reason. I prefer the ride to be smoother with more driver feedback than you get with the larger 17"

wheels. I read a very good Fiesta road test review the other week in a magazine which also confirmed that if you buy the new Fiesta - go

for 16" wheels as the 17"s make the ride too bumpy & uncomfortable on longer journeys. I found this to be true when test driving the Fiesta

back in June. I drove 2 versions at 2 different Ford dealer's & much preferred the 16"s. Each to their own I know - but there you go!

That's exactly what I have ordered for September delivery - the Titanium 3-door with dress-up kit AND the 16" 7-spoke alloys.

I didn't want the 17" alloys for good reason. I prefer the ride to be smoother with more driver feedback than you get with the larger 17"

wheels. I read a very good Fiesta road test review the other week in a magazine which also confirmed that if you buy the new Fiesta - go

for 16" wheels as the 17"s make the ride too bumpy & uncomfortable on longer journeys. I found this to be true when test driving the Fiesta

back in June. I drove 2 versions at 2 different Ford dealer's & much preferred the 16"s. Each to their own I know - but there you go!

I thought we had identical orders in Nightowl?

I thought we had identical orders in Nightowl?

Apart from the alloys Paul. As and when I pop along the coast to Worthing - I don't want to muscle in

on your patch mate! ;)

Might be kinda cool to see them side by side sometime

Prefer the Zetec S, it looks fantastic in white & the chrome parts would look awful. Plus, the Titanium has too much... I know it sounds strange but I don't like a car with 'too much' in it.

My white Zetec s is a real head turner. I was filling up with petrol the other day and someone got out of their car and started taking pictures of it. :P

The OH said he was taking pics of her and not the car. :(

If it had been Mrs Hedgepig in the car I'd known for certain that it was the car being photographed!!! ;) :P

so funny how this little post has cropped up the eve of my brand new TItanium X!

My white Zetec s is a real head turner. I was filling up with petrol the other day and someone got out of their car and started taking pictures of it. :P

But your car looks beautiful! :P

Prefer the Zetec S, it looks fantastic in white & the chrome parts would look awful. Plus, the Titanium has too much... I know it sounds strange but I don't like a car with 'too much' in it.

Billoo - I don't understand that at all.

The Titanium has, erm, 6 pieces of chrome (front window trims x2, rear window trims x2, fog light trims x2) It's not exactly blingin' :lol:

As for too much - too much what? Cruise control - a real downside to a car :lol:

<sigh> I just want to actually get the damn thing.

FiestaWhite.jpg

The Titanium has, erm, 6 pieces of chrome (front window trims x2, rear window trims x2, fog light trims x2) It's not exactly blingin' :lol:

As for too much - too much what? Cruise control - a real downside to a car :lol:

FiestaWhite.jpg

Well, I've got a mk 6.5 Zetec with all the 'toys' added. I've had the car for nearly 2 years and have noticed that I don't want or need quite a lot of the toys. The Zetec-S doesn't come with that much kit which I like. If that makes sense...

so funny how this little post has cropped up the eve of my brand new TItanium X!

EXCITED??

Ok so I have been looking at a few people's specs and alike, and have decided to make this thread.

Which would you prefer:

OPTION 1 - Ford Fiesta Titanium, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Full dress up kit, X pack (leather seats and large rims) and the Technology pack (USB, bluetooth and Keyless) £16,420

OPTION 2 - Ford Fiesata Zetec S, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Traction Assist, City Pack, Bluetooth Handsfree and Voice Control and USB Connection, Auto wipers inc auto headlamps, Street Pack, Leather Pack and Side skirts? £16,440

I'm aware that the variety of options may not be what you personally would opt for, but if you were to buy one of the two which would you go for?

The only real difference is that the Zetec S is a CM lower to the ground, has firmer suspention and slightly more sporty seats, where as the Titanium has the chrome, ambient lighting, keyless start, quick clear windscreen and cruise control. (Unless I have missed anything?)

Thanks.

I had a similar choice to make too - though wasn't interested in the Titanium "X" Pack, my decision was between a Zetec S & a Titanium 1.6 TiVCT. Performance is identical due to same engine & gearbox; I went for the Titanium as you do get more "kit" for your money plus although it doesn't have the sports suspension & sports seats the roadholding's brilliant anyway & with a smoother ride than the stiffened up Zetec S, plus the seats are extremely supportive & comfy. My 3 door Titanium looks brilliant in Panther Black, which sets off the chrome on the sides, front & tailgate nicely too (no chrome on the Zetec S!) I also had the optional 7 spoke alloys on mine - these look much sportier than the standard Titanium wheels & were only £100 extra for the set. Set of mudflaps on mine also look great.

• 1 month later...

ZS all the way, you wont get girls into bed by seying you drive a titanium lol, but the zetec sport sounds way better :P

ZS all the way, you wont get girls into bed by seying you drive a titanium lol, but the zetec sport sounds way better :P

Fit the X Pack and Dress UP Kit and they will not know the difference - most girlies will loose interest in you anyway if you start going on about it being a Zetec S and how it is the better car because . . .

The Titanium comes in better colours too . .

FiestaWhite.jpg

haha dan you go on about this car that much, yes its your new car your going to be excited but, i have to ask is this car like a extension of your !Removed!? before you get on your high horse its just a question.

From a visual standpoint i would say definitely the Titanium X. It looks even sportier than the Zetec-S yet even classier i think. But the Zetec-S is my choice cause its the sportier car to drive and i think it is a bit more fun.

From a visual standpoint i would say definitely the Titanium X. It looks even sportier than the Zetec-S yet even classier i think. But the Zetec-S is my choice cause its the sportier car to drive and i think it is a bit more fun.

Funny every road test I have read has said that the ZS suspension is too hard and makes the car skip about when going round corners - and it has the same engines as the Titanium's so now power advantage

I know which one I would prefer . . . . :P

Funny every road test I have read has said that the ZS suspension is too hard and makes the car skip about when going round corners - and it has the same engines as the Titanium's so now power advantage

I know which one I would prefer . . . . :P

Could you link me to a couple of those reviews? I havn't read that when I was doing my searching and if there is cause for concern it might be worth considering a change in order, or more likely, a change in suspension

Top Gear - Auto Express - Auto Car - take ya pic

And Ford have even been quoted as sayng that the standard suspension was the optimum setting therefore implying that anything else (ZS and Econetic) are not!

Top Gear - Auto Express - Auto Car - take ya pic

And Ford have even been quoted as sayng that the standard suspension was the optimum setting therefore implying that anything else (ZS and Econetic) are not!

have you got links to these reviews as i have the auto car mag with the review of all the cars in this class, Swift clio and so on it does not say anything.

have you got links to these reviews as i have the auto car mag with the review of all the cars in this class, Swift clio and so on it does not say anything.

Same here man I can find anything. I don't think that Ford would put down their own model either :s

SImple answer is NO - was while I was reading up on what car to replace my Smart with so goes back months . . .

SImple answer is NO - was while I was reading up on what car to replace my Smart with so goes back months . . .

*phew* thats ok. You had me worried for a second :lol: Took a long time to decide between Titanium and Zetec S, so if something I've missed crops up I begin to worry whether I made the right decision

Ok so I have been looking at a few people's specs and alike, and have decided to make this thread.

Which would you prefer:

OPTION 1 - Ford Fiesta Titanium, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Full dress up kit, X pack (leather seats and large rims) and the Technology pack (USB, bluetooth and Keyless) £16,420

OPTION 2 - Ford Fiesata Zetec S, (1.6TiVCT Engine) in Sea Grey with Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Traction Assist, City Pack, Bluetooth Handsfree and Voice Control and USB Connection, Auto wipers inc auto headlamps, Street Pack, Leather Pack and Side skirts? £16,440

I'm aware that the variety of options may not be what you personally would opt for, but if you were to buy one of the two which would you go for?

The only real difference is that the Zetec S is a CM lower to the ground, has firmer suspention and slightly more sporty seats, where as the Titanium has the chrome, ambient lighting, keyless start, quick clear windscreen and cruise control. (Unless I have missed anything?)

Thanks.

I know this might not help you but in my country (Cyprus) the Zetec-S is actually cheaper than the Titanium (Zetec-S is around 13.300 euros while the Titanium costs 14.150 euros). The Titanium does not come with the Start button though, yet everything else is there. Unfortunately here we only get the Titaniums in 5-door guise