Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk1 1.8 16V Down On Acceleration

paul_focus

Hey guys my ford focus mk1 seems to be down on acceleration it was after I had just had it serviced that I noticed it I'm a bit confused as to what it could be there is no lights on dash and it is not in limp mode if any of u could help me it would be much appreciated thank you

Iv just had it serviced and all it's filters changed it's oil level is good it's pulls like a train in all the gears but just it's not the same acceleration as befor the service

There's a vacuum hose at the back of the inlet manifold that either splits or collapses in on itself that can cause this

Thank you guys I will have a look some time today just can understand why it still pulls like a train through all the gears but won't accelerate quite as quick as before

A local mechanic did it it has had new spark plugs about one month before it's service and it was great but then after the service it has lost it acceleration it used to do 0-62 10.3 secs but now it takes 11.5 but the break pads seem to be touching the disks and they sound like they are grinding when you turn the disk

That might be my problem will have to try and free them some how

Usually the pins seize, rub them down with emery paper and copper crease them

Thank you mate it was the brakes the piston hadn't sat right back in it's jacket due to rust so was applying the brake all the time

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club