1. 1. Which of these would you go for?

• Silver
    • Black
    • Grey
    • White
    • Blue
    • Red
    • Other

My Econetic is 'Squeeze' or as my workmates call it 'Goppin Green' That's the last time I'll let the wife choose a colour!

it really is a great colour in sunlight, i swear! and you can't deny that it doesnt turn heads :).

its like marmite, i still, nearly a year on, look at it and smile (honest, :) )

yeh squeeze, always wanted a car the colour of my pee when i've drank too much tequila :P

afternoon im sure you mean lol

my old favourite colour was white, there are millions of them unfortunetly. And i cant afford to buy them all so i have a rarer colour so im switching to performance blue as there are a lot less of that colour :)

I sometimes wish I hadn't swapped my Hot Magenta for Morello which I've got now. Morello is quite a tasteful colour but a bit boring and looks black when it's dirty. Sometimes hard to spot in a car park but with Hot Magenta that was no problem. I guess same goes for Squeeze ! I think my favourite colours overall for cars are white or red. Worst colour for showing dirt,surprisingly I think, is black but it looks smart when clean. The most practical colour is silver as it doesn't really show the dirt but there are just too many silver cars about.

I've barely seen any silver mk7's; they seem quite rare!

I went for black but I love squeeze and hot magenta too, I just thought the black looked the classiest on the titanium with the chrome strips.

I think the colour depends on the trim.

Zetec s has to be in red or white. Metallics look rubbish on this trim

Any trim with chrome has to be a darker colour

And the more basic trim levels need the metallics to liven them up a bit

I've barely seen any silver mk7's; they seem quite rare!

Actually you are right in the case of Mk7's. Other makes and models seem to be mostly silver or has it gone out of fashion ?

I've seen loads of 'Moondust Silver' MK7's round here,

white all the way , i washed mine yesterday and it looks like it come straight out of the showroom :)

white all the way , i washed mine yesterday and it looks like it come straight out of the showroom :)

My neighbour has a 'Frozen White' Focus and I have to admit it does look good. Still think the Fiesta looks best in Hot Magenta though. Ford marketing guys must think so too if you recall the tv ads and all the sales literature but at £600 extra it's a bit of an extravagence.

I like the look of Midnight Sky - especially that I looks like a different colour under different lighting.

but then Vision Blue and Frozen White do look good too!

• 2 weeks later...

i went to see a cracking rust coloured 58 fiesta style 1.4tdci (not sure of the right colour name) in east kilbride, loved the colour, but the so & so of a salesman offered me a grand for my car, so walked out of the place, got 1800 for mine against the same year but a titanuim, in vision, but only £300 dearer

:D

i went to see a cracking rust coloured 58 fiesta style 1.4tdci (not sure of the right colour name) in east kilbride, loved the colour, but the so & so of a salesman offered me a grand for my car, so walked out of the place, got 1800 for mine against the same year but a titanuim, in vision, but only £300 dearer

:D

I think that orangey color is called Tango. I like it too but I think it has been dropped from the range. My '09 brochure shows 15 colours but the '10 brochure only 10.

I think that orangey color is called Tango. I like it too but I think it has been dropped from the range. My '09 brochure shows 15 colours but the '10 brochure only 10.

your right, they have dropped it :(

your right, they have dropped it :(

Maybe it wasn't selling well so they dropped it? Ford also dropped Sea Grey but you can now get Midnight Sky instead and there's now a colour called Dark Micastone which looks a bit like dark silver to me or maybe that's just my poor eyesight :blink:

I really like the look of Hot Magenta but when I saw one at my local dealer looking dull and covered in scratches I was really put off - still a lovely colour.....

if they hadnt dropped the sea grey, i would have gone for that.. but i found the midnight sky a bit too blue in some lights - for my taste - would have gone for the black as it is lovely but then spotted the hot magenta out... so there we have it... it is a lovely colour and yes ok its more girlie than blue, but today it looks maroon from my window, so i think not too girlie.

i was worried when i ordered it i would be in a pink car and although i am female, am not into pink, but everyone who has seen it said its lovely...

the squeeze is great too.. i think ford have done well with the colours but the dark mica would have been good in the zetec and not just as a choice in titanium etc.... all the colours in all the range please ford

I really like the look of Hot Magenta but when I saw one at my local dealer looking dull and covered in scratches I was really put off - still a lovely colour.....

Both me and my wife both really loved Hot Magenta, enough to buy one (my username is a clue!) and pay the extra £400 I think it was then (now £600 ?) but it seemed extremely easy to scratch no matter how careful you were and I ended up with minor scuffs all over the place. I was also dissapointed that even after paying so much extra Ford didn't do a touch up kit and any minor chips would have to be done by a body repairer. I still like the colour but when I changed the car for an auto, we went for Marello, a dark maroon colour and it is much more durable.

Even though Ford have dropped the Tango on the Fiesta, there are still new Focus models at my local Ford dealer in the colour. Are they just old stock or is it still available with the Focus ?

i thought they did do a touch up on the hot magenta.. crazy if not?

I would go red with twin white stripes and black wheels :P.

obviously not everyone's taste but that's what I would have :)

i thought they did do a touch up on the hot magenta.. crazy if not?

Two Bristol Street Motors branches checked for me and both said that Ford had no plans to provide touch-up kits for Hot magenta as it was a "special finish". I subsequently got some mixed at Halfords but never used it before I changed the car. I still have the Halfords Hot Magenta mix in the garage. I agree, it is crazy. I don't know if they do one now. Does the ame apply to 'Squeeze' green ?

When I worked in a Ford dealers parts department we used to sell loads of the Squeeze touch up paints.

So if they make them for Squeeze surely they should make them for Hot Magenta? <_<

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club