Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Range - Red & Black Editions

D13 HPD 95

Ordered yesterday the mountune intercooler. Hope it brings some more power with it. Already got a remap. Im going to make my custom mr165 :p

A few is the optimum word ;)

A few is the optimum word ;)

Was talking to ma mate (mechanic) who said the mr165 (162.7bhp) is actually around 155-156ish itself and with all the hoses intercooler and cai with filter takes it to 162bhp with that theory am gonna go with bluefin with all upgrades :p ;)

(can't take mountune out so would need bluefin)

What map did you go for?

I have mentioned the brand before, the remap is from RICA Engineering. It is not a very well known brand but it is the best in sweden and kind of like the mountune for Volvo.

• 3 weeks later...

Received my Fiesta Red Edition yesterday, after a long time of waiting (15 weeks). Drives great, the only thing that I don't really like (and I see I'm not the only one) is the long gearbox.

w1zn8n.jpg

Looks gorgeous :). Am I right in thinking the roof and mirror caps in red was an option? Hopefully you'll get used to the gears, but I've heard that at some speeds you just can't find a good gear (either too low revs or too high).

It's an option (free) indeed, thought it would look better (never seen a complete red one before, didn't find photos on the internet either) and happy with it. :) I've seen Black Edition's with the same option (in that case black roof and mirror caps) too, but not on the forum here yet. The long gears aren't really an issue, but could be better for sure. Probably more built for fuel-economy and low emissions than for fun.

Slight change of subject here but my tyres are looking rather deflated. I've checked pressures and they are all within fords limits. Question is, do I bother sticking to them or is there a more preferred pressure out there by any of you??

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I thought the same and actually ended up taking pressure out since it's just me in the car most of the time. Haven't noticed any economy or handling difference. The recommended pressures are on the passenger-side door if you usually carry people and want to pump them up accordingly.

I think them looking slightly deflated is because of how low-profile they are. I love the look but I can't help wondering how much nicer it would feel on more normal profiled 16s. There are a few nordics around that I'm sure stick winters on them who might be able to tell me I suppose.

That's funny because I was considering going the other way. Would it hurt to increase pressures more? I generally drive myself or with two others in the car.

If your tyre pressures are too high your ride comfort will go down, traction will decrease which includes longer stopping distances & tyres might wear more easily in the middle. On the plus side you might get slightly better economy :) - probably not worth it!

I wouldn't really go above the second set of Ford recommendations for a slightly fuller car as to me they looked quite a lot higher than single occupancy figures. I agree it's intriguing but I'm not intrigued enough to try higher-pressures given the limited benefit they could give.

Yeah that's a fair call, I'll just stick with what ford say then. Must just be the low profiles making them look deflated.

First post. Owned my black now for two months. Done 2000 miles. All with a smile. I cane it when I want to and drive gentle when I'm in the mood. Average is 50.6 week in. Week out. Possibly one of the very best cars I have ever owned or driven and having worked in a leasing co within a ford dealer for 17 years I have driven some serious metal. As an everyday car. A fiesta ST is not even close. Brilliant car.

Slight change of subject here but my tyres are looking rather deflated. I've checked pressures and they are all within fords limits. Question is, do I bother sticking to them or is there a more preferred pressure out there by any of you??

I've always gone with the recommended pressures, and I've heard you can have insurance problems if you're in a crash and they find out your tyres weren't at the correct pressure. Just out of interest what are the recommended pressures for the ZS? (I assume you have the 17" wheels)

A fiesta ST is not even close.

I'm sure the red / black is a great car, but I'm just curious about what you mean by that? Unless we're talking comfort or mpg?

Both. As an everyday car. The ST is a bone shaker in comparison. ST on the limit one of the finest hot hatches there is but its not an everyday car. Had 1 for a week. Was glad to hand it back. Fun at first. Tiring before u know it.

Both. As an everyday car. The ST is a bone shaker in comparison. ST on the limit one of the finest hot hatches there is but its not an everyday car. Had 1 for a week. Was glad to hand it back. Fun at first. Tiring before u know it.

I suppose it depends on how bad the roads are where you drive. Although saying that I've driven on some pretty horrible roads and never had a problem with the ST. Firm yes, uncomfortable no. I drove around 450 miles over the last 2 days to London and back, got out of the car about an hour ago and didn't feel like I'd been on a long journey at all. No issues with comfort at all, and if anything it's more comfortable than my 09 Titanium was due to the Recaro seats.

I suppose it's down to personal preference though. Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Edit: and my mpg was just over 46 for that trip, and I had up to 48 before. I suppose a 1.0L Fiesta could get 10 or so more than that, but it's not worlds apart considering how much more power the ST has.

I'm sure this has been brought up before but if I were to fit Mountune parts to my red edition, would i be breaking my PCP contract?

I understand there's no mods allowed but these are ford approved parts so is it acceptable to do it?

They aren't ford approved parts..

Yeah sorry, I meant they don't affect base warranty

I'm sure this has been brought up before but if I were to fit Mountune parts to my red edition, would i be breaking my PCP contract?

I understand there's no mods allowed but these are ford approved parts so is it acceptable to do it?

I think someone else said they did this and it didn't affect whatever contract they had on the car, but it might not have been PCP. I don't see why this should affect a PCP anyway, because all that matters is the value of the car when you give it back, and Mountune parts will more than likely increase the value.

I'd ask the dealer about it, and if they say you're ok to go ahead then get them to confirm that in writing or an email first.

I have the MR165 on mine and I'm on a pcp. Checked with ford finance and they were happy. Mountune parts are Ford warranty approved except for the MR165 map. This however is covered buy mountune's 12 month warranty.

Ah that's interesting! I will drop them an email today.

What sort of economy are you getting with your MR165 kit? Also, is it worth the money? I fear that it's too much power as the front end is so light?

I don't drive economically and get 42ish.

You get an extra 15bhp so personally I don't think it's worth it. Mine is a 125bhp so getting a 40 bhp increase was definitely worth the extra cash.

Drive it sensibly and you won't have any traction issues. Floor it in second at 3000rpm and prepare to get the fright of your life ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club