Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Iphone 6

The Dark Knight

To me, the iPhone always has been and always will be far superior, no matter what specs and critics say. Simple as that.

That is a typical iPhone user. How can something still be superior when it's not the best or better?

I get the deal with iPhone they are cool and people need to feel like they are apart of the cool crowd to feel good about them self?

While I think android users think with logic.

Is it a better phone spec wise? No

Does it have more features? No

Does it cost less than the other brands that tick the yes box above? No

Then surely it's superior lol.

It took apple 10 years to bring video calling to the iPhone, 10 years!! and at the apple iphone launch they were like "it's revolutionary and for the first time you can video call family and friends"

Apple fans thought it was the coolest thing since slice bread mean while android users had a good giggle.

The important factor is personal preference, just like cars but I wouldn't buy a vauxhall no matter how cool it was if it was worse than a ford in every way lol

Balls to logic. I have a good giggle at Android phones generally lol. Comparing the iPhone to a Samsung or other Android is like comparing an Aston Martin DB9 to a Nissan GTR. The Nissan is cheaper, more tech and faster. But is it better? No!

As Clarkson once pointed out "Shall we take the Aston?" sounds superb. "Shall we take the Nissan?" does not. Is the iPhone better? Yes. Why? Just think about it.... It just is :D

Haha I think that's true until one drives an Aston through London traffic with the famously terrible single clutch automatic gearbox.

I would take the gtr, awd, dual clutch but then again James bond is pretty cool and he does get the ladies. I admit iphones are generally considered to be the cool kid phone.

I don't think it's better nor do I think ownership of an Aston is better than a gtr in real life.

It's really down to personal preference or social pressure.

My other half is all about apple. Macbook, iPhone, ipod, 3 months ago she also owned a vauxhall corsa

Personally I'm not one to follow the crowd, I prefer to get the best product for the money.

My thoughts exactly. I don't necessarily have anything against Apple, but I've never bought an Apple product because I don't like being ripped off. With Apple you're paying for the name more than anything, although I know iPhones have good build quality, but better than other high-end phones?

Oh and I was never really impressed by the popularity of the the iPhone, iPad etc, I knew Android was more popular but I only just discovered by how much: http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp

According to that Android is over 7x more popular and climbing :). I know that's not necessarily a fair comparison, but here's another: http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-market-share.jsp

Looks like Samsung has been more popular since 2012, so I guess value beats coolness.

Indeed Phil iPhone sales have been dropping steadily compared to previous years. With the 5 and 5s alot of stock was sent back as a result of bad sales.

its good for consumers more bag for ya buck

its good for consumers more bag for ya buck

Yes this is a good way to look at it, if it weren't for Apple's huge marketing campaign the other manufacturers wouldn't need to make such good phones to compete. Look at something like the Moto G which could be had for about £100 at one point. I'm sure a lot of people wondered why an iPhone was worth 4 or 5 times as much, myself included.

Personally I'm not one to follow the crowd, I prefer to get the best product for the money.

My logic too and I'm not anti Apple. I just by what I think is best for the money at the time. Back in the day I had an iPhone 4 as at the time I thought it was the best phone available. Times have changed and I'm now using a Nexus 5. Couldn't argue with the value of the Nexus 5 at the time and I will probably get a Nexus 6 when it comes out if it still represents excellent value. I do like the look of the iPhone 6 now it finally has a bigger screen but I still don't think I will be able to justify the cost when compared to the next Nexus device. I'm comparing sim free prices by the way as I buy my phones outright and use a sim only contract. At the time a Nexus 5 was £299.99 sim free on launch day, versus a iPhone 5s at £500+

Not much else to say that hasn't been said already so here's a sneak peak at the apple watch deemed too sophisticated for public consumption ^_^ :

e6bc72c0-390f-11e4-b513-296048111cff_mem

And some choice ones to sum up the absurdity of the iPhone hype:

tumblr_nc5vobf7PW1rs4x5ro1_400_zps9c15e8

iphone-6-meme_zps5f4c19b1.jpg

iphone-6-zombies_zps4e431a1b.jpg

78635980-3a02-11e4-a388-71eed52cd8eb_goo

54488108_zps3a3a6c3a.jpg

• Like 3

The Neeson one is the best. I have seen that used on FB for when people send candy crush requests.

Another one ;)

attachicon.gifBENT IPHONE6.jpg

hahahah yeah my mate at work just got his yesterday, and its bent within 24hours, priceless.

Just keeps getting better and better.

hahahah yeah my mate at work just got his yesterday, and its bent within 24hours, priceless.

Just keeps getting better and better.

Poor guy lol. Do you think Apple will be flexible about offering him a replacement! ;)

"claiming the frame bends if the device is left in pockets for an extended period of time"

:rolleyes: It's super slim and made of aluminum. What did they think would happen? It will be fine in a pocket (not a tight pocket) while strolling along etc. but if you sit down and thereby tighten said pocket around the device, the bend is bound to happen. Just be more sensible about it.

Even the mighty Samsung GTR or whatever the next one is called would do it if made so slim. Apple have done the industry a favour and showed them the potential outcome of a super slim aluminium phone. You can't have it all.

"claiming the frame bends if the device is left in pockets for an extended period of time"

:rolleyes: It's super slim and made of aluminum. What did they think would happen? It will be fine in a pocket (not a tight pocket) while strolling along etc. but if you sit down and thereby tighten said pocket around the device, the bend is bound to happen. Just be more sensible about it.

Even the mighty Samsung GTR or whatever the next one is called would do it if made so slim. Apple have done the industry a favour and showed them the potential outcome of a super slim aluminium phone. You can't have it all.

Lol whatever helps you sleep at night mate. Yes cheap metal such as Aluminium will bend with enough force, but we aren't talking about people sitting on their phones, we are talking about phones being in people's front pocket. Heaven forbid the pressure the iPhone 6 must feel being place in the front pocket of a pair of skinny jeans. :D Fact of the matter is it's a design flaw, the metal is clearly to thin to stand up to everyday use and to bend so much with so little force, is a flaw.

Much like the iPhone 4 and attenagate, Apple's response: "You're holding it the wrong way".

And all the flack Samsung was getting for using plastics on their S Series phones, you see why now.

Rolls eyes :lol:

• Like 1

Wow this bending problem is shocking, do Apple not test their devices before releasing them? Makes me glad to have my cheap plastic phone. What happens to the screen when the phone bends? Maybe screens will start falling out of the phone.

If I get mine and it bends and they offer a Samsung or other android as a replacement, I would rather go for this vastly superior phone (not an Apple but still beats android):

old-fashioned-telephone-Small.jpg

• Like 1

I remember when the iPhone first came out.

Bad signal strength was related to people holding the phone 'incorrectly' blocking the internal aerial.

• Like 1

Got to agree with Ben. For example most women with jeans on plus I'm a chippy, I work on construction sites, I carry and move objects I lay on the floor sometimes and I have done all of these things with my phone. Like lifting a heavy fire door up some stairs and resting it on my leg with my phone under it multiple times or bending to the point my phone tears holes in my pocket. Never once a broken screen, bent phone or any such damage.

And they say Samsung phones feel cheap next to an iPhone it makes my laugh because Samsung phones are the toughest I have used.

Doing the above with other brands such as Sony as resulted in the screen being stuck as if it's constantly being pressed with a finger. But never a Samsung

• Like 1

Got to agree with Ben. For example most women with jeans on plus I'm a chippy, I work on construction sites, I carry and move objects I lay on the floor sometimes and I have done all of these things with my phone. Like lifting a heavy fire door up some stairs and resting it on my leg with my phone under it multiple times or bending to the point my phone tears holes in my pocket. Never once a broken screen, bent phone or any such damage.

And they say samsung phones feel cheap next to an iPhone it makes my laugh because samsung phones are the toughest I have used.

Doing the above with other brands such as Sony as resulted in the screen being stuck as if it's constantly being pressed with a finger. But never a samsung

My S3 has been abused over the last two and a bit years, been through cable ducting, server rooms, in and out of my pocket more times than I can count. I've dropped it quite a few times as well. Only minor scuffs. They don't call it Gorilla glass for nothing. But can you imagine if Galaxy Notes were bending like this when they were first introduced, and might I add Apple said, no one will be willing to buy a big phone. Humble pie when the note sold a extremely well. Now look a poor Note imitation in the iPhone 6. I think maybe the apple engineers got a bending phone confused with a curved/flexible screen. ROFL

Look at something like the Moto G which could be had for about £100 at one point. I'm sure a lot of people wondered why an iPhone was worth 4 or 5 times as much, myself included.

+1 for the Moto G. I bought one in January as my first 'smart' phone. £99 to buy it and £2 to unlock it and never looked back.

I've never had an iAnything but all the kids have iPod Touches and one of the sons has just bought an iPhone 4s. In my eyes the actual hardware seems OK but the software lets it down if you're not used to it. Seems to be quite a steep learning curve compared to Android.

Regarding my sons iPhone. He bought it off eBay from an accredited seller and all was OK for about a week until the 'WiFi' button grayed out and wouldn't let him connect to wifi. The advice from the seller? "Heat it up with a hairdryer!!!" OK it did work......................but WTF? :huh::rolleyes:

I had a Sony Xperia S and dropped it flat onto concrete breaking the screen, swapped for a Samsung S3 and decided a protective case was essential.

Used a Griffin case with no dramas and when I traded the S3 in for a S5 the S3 was still in mint condition.

The S5 is now inside an Otterbox case purely for physical protection as it's designed to be water resistant.

In my job, phones get major abuse so cases are a must.

I never stick my phones in a pocket, always on my belt off duty or hooked on my vest when working.

• Like 1

I find the Otterbox case makes the phone a bit easier to hold. Although, my Aux cable for the car is too fat to fit properly in the hole on the Commuter case...so I've trimmed the edge of the aux-jack :p

One day there will be Google Airlines lol

That sounds like a fantastic idea search and travel the world

So I have an iPhone, kids have iPods, and iPad so what can I get the wife???? I know an iRon hehe.

I actually do have an iPhone 4s never had one before I got this a couple of years back as my first smart phone and am now at upgrade time so will have to think about what to get. Not going for a 6 or 6+ as far too expesive, might wait for the 5s to come down a bit in price or just stick with the 4s and go for s sim only plan, choices choices! Personally I don't get the andriod phones I must have been brainwashed by Jobs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club