Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

Great news, glad you got it sorted. I'm sure it will be up to the same standard (if not better) as your last one in no time :)

Busy day today. I refitted the front and rear lights and reinstalled the headunit & carbon dash. I'm currently just powering the stock Speakers with the head unit as I don't want to put anymore stress on the already knackered battery. Its been on the car so long that the bolts securing it have rusted together and have caused the nuts to spin freely in the battery tray, so Saturday I'm going to have to swap my battery trays over and install the battery from the old car.

Also, sometimes when I stop and switch of the engine the cooling fan comes on full whack for about 3 minutes, even though the OBD diagnostics is saying the engine is only around 80°c. This has happened after long and short journeys.. any ideas?

It's also got a whining power steering pump so it's new fluid time. The poor thing needs a good service, I've done nearly 200 miles since 7pm last night :(

Good to see you have alot done so far, in regards to the cooling fan I think thats normal, my car has done it a few times after short journeys, only really happened in cold weather which I couldn't understand but hasn't caused any issues.

Good to see you have alot done so far, in regards to the cooling fan I think thats normal, my car has done it a few times after short journeys, only really happened in cold weather which I couldn't understand but hasn't caused any issues.

Ah, well that's annoying :(. Has your car for AC by any chance? Cause my old car didn't do it

Also, when I double lock the car, the indicators don't flash like the old car did. Was this not a standard feature?

Couldn't tell you mate, I have a pre facelift zetec, not got any AC or remote central locking.

Couldn't tell you mate, I have a pre facelift zetec, not got any AC or remote central locking.

Hmm... Mines a prefacelift flame.my old fiesta was also a prefacelift flame.. worrying me if im honest

Have you checked all the fuses and relays? Maybe one has blown? Or GEM may need it activated.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I tested all of the relays last night and changed the horn fuse which I blew messing with the interior light cause I'm thick!

I'm going to replace all the fuses possible with Blow & glow fuses!

How can I activate it?.. or do I need the old one out of the other car? Where is it located? And is it linked to the immobiliser?

I think from memory when i had my mk6, the gem is behind glovebox or by the battery.

Prob best option is to change over ecu etc if can as it is programmed with all the features you had previously.

Have you got a haynes guide by the way?

Okay, well I haven't noticed it near the fuse box behind the glove box so I'll have a look near the battery when the tray is out. If I swapped the ECU then I would have to change the locks, transponder & clocks.. meaning the mileage will go to 120k from 88050 so I'd rather not do that quite yet! I'm a fussy bugger! Haha

I haven't got a Haynes manual yet as I haven't needed one. The rare times ive needed information ive always managed to dig it up from the forum until now :(

Fair play. The forum is proberbly just as resourceful as a haynes manual, if not better!

I have this feeling in back of my mind that the GEM is behind glovebox but i could be wrong.

Is there a way of doing it with pressing combinations on remote fob maybe? Should be instructions in owners manual. Will try find out for you.

• Like 1

Done some research and the GEM is behind the drivers side footwell plastics above the pedals. It MUST be unplugged left to right & plugged in right to left. This is all I know.

Can I swap this with the one from the old car without having to recode the key etc?

Also, it sounds like the actual locking mechanisms are different when the car Has a deadlock fitted.. but effectively all its doing is engaging the child lock so what difference would it make?

I'm going to swap the whole drivers side door off the old car onto the new as it's undamaged! Then just swap the guts of the passenger side :)

If i can't have deadlocking then at least I'll have my electric mirrors and Focals back!

• Like 1

Saturday's going to be a busy one.. I'm also swapping the bonnet and front drivers wing.

Im assuming it is a 5door fez you have got?

I thought deadlocking was standard on fiestas 2005 on so it should work and already be set up with the GEM.

Let me know how it goes.

It's a 2004 5 door. My last car was a 2004 5 door and it had deadlocking

So today I transferred my drivers side front door to the new car and aligned it. 15 minutes work with a friend.

I then began transferring the electric mirror loom and focal, and the wind deflector along with the electric mirror. This took me about 3 hours in total :(.

This mean I didn't have time to install my amps or the sub meaning I'm currently just powering all 4 Speakers off the head unit meaning they're underpowered for now.

Going to try get my Amps installed tomorrow morning.

Also did a little test.. turns out the new car DOES have deadlocking, but the indicators Just don't flash to confirm which is annoying. If someone could confirm the GEM Isnt coded to ANY other components then I'll swap it over.

Also, the old car is now refusing to use any of its fuel. The fuel pump isn't even priming. I managed to get the engine to start off brake cleaner but it just refused to pump any fuel through. I'm thinking it could be the fuel pump relay..

Shame really.. I was looking forward to ragging the doorless bent Shell around a field :(

• Like 2

As the bank account is starting to recover, I have placed an order for a facelift front bumper and the associated grills which came to around £55. I'll then be smoothing the plate recess and having the front & replacement facelift rear bumper sprayed. All I'll need then is the facelift fogs. I'll probably go for an LED set because why not :)

• Like 2

Ill then be getting new shorter plates and mounting the front on the bottom of the bumper because again.. why not!

• Like 2

New plates ordered. Standard rear & short front

Also ordered a facelift front bumper, all the grills/foglight fascias & a debadged upper grill! I couldn't resist it! If I don't like it ill sell it on to someone who does :)

Also ordered some LED fog light units for £25!

• Like 2

Also did a little test.. turns out the new car DOES have deadlocking, but the indicators Just don't flash to confirm which is annoying. If someone could confirm the GEM Isnt coded to ANY other components then I'll swap it over. (

Dont quote me on it but i dont see swapping over the GEM would upset anything else. Maybe try it and if it does, swap it back. From memory, i think the GEM acts like a RAM or processor kinda thing.

Another thing to try first is remove the fuse and relays for central locking and put them back, could need a little reset. Also when you do that, you may have to reprogramme your keyfob. Have the owners manual to hand - im sure there are guides on the internet for reprogramming.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club