Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

I've been looking at a few facelift fiestas, meaning my current carbon center console will not fit. The reason I hydrodipped my old one is because it was too awkward to wrap. With the facelift its simple shapes so alot easier to wrap so i may do this next time to cut down costs, as ive been quoted £65 for it all.

Couldn't sleep so I had a quick mess on photoshop, opinions?Its not the neatest.. butits 2:15am! haha

post-57403-0-71725700-1427076856_thumb.j

Ignore the horrible grey radio as my double din will be going in its place along with the fascia adapter (which ill probably try blend into the dash with the vinyl to make it look a little better

My brains just started working.. How the h3ll am i going to wrap the heater vents?! haha! ifi went for it id want the whole lot doing so hydrodipping it is! Ill then buy a piece of rubber to cut to shape to fit into the storage on the dash to prevent damage to the lacquer caused by keys & coins etc.

Alos, does anybody know of any blanking plates available for the 'coin holder' as i've no coins to be storing and i need the real estate to mount a switch for another possible.. project.. in the future.. Or will i have to fill it before hydrodipping later in the year closer to ford fair?

Edited by GingerFlame
  • Like 1

My brains just started working.. How the hell am i going to wrap the heater vents?! haha! ifi went for it id want the whole lot doing so hydrodipping it is! Ill then buy a piece of rubber to cut to shape to fit into the storage on the dash to prevent damage to the lacquer caused by keys & coins etc.

Also, does anybody know of any blanking plates available for the 'coin holder' as I've no coins to be storing and i need the real estate to mount a switch for another possible.. project.. in the future.. Or will i have to fill it before hydro dipping later in the year closer to ford fair?

Looks good mate,

DMB Graphics post on Twitter a few weeks back saying there now manufacturing Gel badge rings for the vents on the fiesta Mk6 and Mk7 in all colour and print styles see link: http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/843/gel-badge-rings-for-heater-vent-surrounds-mk6-mk7

2_4091_e_zpsmjj70dr0.jpg

And for the coin holder;

Remove the coin holder from the car,

Go to Halfords, get yourself a pack of super steel, mix up a small bit, smooth out the holder with it then sand smooth, I've used in when installing the dual DVR system in the glovebox.

Link to Guide: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/?p=438442

Image3907_zpsbd07cf2d.jpg

• Like 1

I've never seen those before lenny!! They look great & they'll save me having to mess around painting! Thanks for the link

Sounds like a plan! Nothing like a bit of diy

• Like 1

I've never seen those before lenny!! They look great & they'll save me having to mess around painting! Thanks for the link

Sounds like a plan! Nothing like a bit of diy

No prob mate,

There only available to the market in recent weeks there "FRESH" :lol:

Warm them a bit with hair dryer after fitting to ensure a good bond.

If you dont personally have a hairdryer just hail down the next MX-5 you see driving on the road as there sure to have one in the glovebox,

Cant beat a bit of DIY on the car mate,

Im up in the attic now taking down some 9mm MDF for my boot panel,

Im not in work today until 23:00 :)

• Like 2

Busy day for you then! I'm sat trying to contact the uncontactable on autotrader! The joys

• Like 1

Busy day for you then! I'm sat trying to contact the uncontactable on autotrader! The joys

im dead in the water now until Vicki comes back with the car lol
  • Like 1

Just been looking on the forum shop and I was disappointed to see that they don't sell club hoodies! Only fleeces! I was going to get the girlfriend a hoodie as part of her birthday present just to test how much she meant it when she said she was excited for Ford Fair! Haha

• Like 1

Do they do those coloured air vents for a mk6 not a mk6.5

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

The rings on the vents are the same size and shape on the mk6 + 6.5. They are interchangeable

But in the mk6 you have to take the dash out or get them out underneath

But in the mk6 you have to take the dash out or get them out underneath

Not if you cut out the old ones and slide the new facelift ones in :)

Is their a build on here with that?

I read a thread about it somewhere & I'm pretty sure it was on here! One sec

Can't seem to find it! Sorry I think it's in the fiesta Guides section somewhere

It says idont have permission to view it

Ill post it below. All credit goes to Notterts & i take no responsibility for any damage caused by those following whats below. i'm simply sharing for those strangely unable to access it :)

5a96c1c513f8ea171f776fe1e3212471.png

Guide to removing your stubborn pre-facelift fiesta vents and installing your new facelift.

I'll try my best to be as clear as possible by using pictures and proper English language but mistakes will be made so bear with me!

Before:

c967c9f905f5c703c37c4aceb519edbe.png

After:

68ec8ee609ef332eb2f8df3bf46490d3.png

The tools you will need:

c7baba282bed7c2d21d43f7a2046a380.png

• Hammer
  • A hacksaw that allows you to saw in small enclosed spaces as seen in picture
  • Curved File
  • Flathead screwdriver
  • Pliers
  • 240 grit paper
  • Cloth (microfiber recommended)
  • 4 New facelift vents

1.Get ready to have a messy car, this means close off any holes you don't want plastic parts falling into and cover up expensive items with tape. I covered up my stereo with duct tape as it is easy to slip with a tool and hit something and leave marks.

2. For each of the vents, you will need to do the following. In the centre of the vent ball, you will see a plastic circular object on each side that holds the ball in place. You will need to break this to free the ball from the vent surround. This can be done either 2 ways. Either saw at it or hammer your flat head screwdriver against it to break it off. A picture below is what the plastic circular objects will look like when they have separated, however yours will still be inside the vent.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO LET ANY SMALL PLASTIC PARTS FALL INTO THE VENT SYSTEM.

e380ff1e3cb5c75e9961a86d0ef7d58b.png

3. Once both sides have been parted the ball should be free within the vent. Now take your hacksaw and saw the right side of the centre plastic mould as shown below. If you did not part the ball with the use of a screwdriver earlier you are now able to saw the ball off with the hacksaw.

d7f2ab505c67cb5098bd34708f8cf477.png

6dd226dd7cecd4f4ae4f26a0b579094b.png

4. Now the ball should be in 2 parts within the vent. Using pliers, pull out the

smaller side of the ball.

cb3c23f2aa3ff9a3c4abe86dd367223a.png

Followed by pulling out the larger part of the ball. Do not be afraid of breaking any parts of the silver ring as this will be what comes out next.

5. Now saw the silver bezel at any point and use the split to pull it out with the pliers. This requires a bit of force, using twists and turns. If it breaks at a point, not to worry, just start trying to pull from that point it broke at. YOU ONLY WANT TO PULL THE SILVER BEZEL OUT, NOTHING FURTHER DOWN THE VENT. Sorry I didn't get any pictures but what you're left with should be similar to this.

e04b0b75a133dc95a9820768a252edc4.png

You are able to lift the silver bezel out by slipping the flathead screwdriver between the silver bezel and the black plastic surround. This will help you get a grip with the pliers. Though be careful not to use it for too much leverage otherwise you'll mess it up like my first one :(

a103efb2a488d72cb05a9e7db11549b3.png

6. Now that you have removed the vents you should be left with an empty hole as shown below on the left. Take your curved file and start cutting away at the inside of the ring evenly. Use a facelift vent for guidance, and keep cutting until you are only unable to fit the last cm of the facelift vent into the hole. Use the 240 grit sandpaper to smooth out the edges and remove any last plastic cut-offs.

00febf4d912410511106d9011877939b.png

dd469c7d6ccf6a5f51269cff0760762a.png

7. By now, your car should be covered in plastic remains. Use a vacuum or similar with the suggested attachment to remove these plastic cut-offs. The attachment shown allows you to get to small crevices that plastic may have made its own way into.

d68099755a719cc4bb98aa8536de02d9.png

Bear in mind there are gaps between the hole opening and the vent system, the cut offs will fall into specific spaces from here. The passenger side vent will see the plastic remains fall into the glove compartment, between the passenger and driver footwells for the centre vents and the compartment below the steering wheel for the vent on the drivers side. Make sure you've cleaned all areas. Before putting away the vacuum, turn the blowers on full and clean up whatever flies out.

8. Now fit your vents until you have the last cm that you cant push in without great force. Use your towel to cover the vent and your hammer to gently push the rest of the vent in. If youre convinced it will not go further, file a bit more, sand smooth and clean again.

bca189a938c0436dc60156f06168f64a.png

• Like 1

So, yesterday I decided to start removing all the mods and additions I've made to the car. I've removed everything except the Focals & the reg plate LEDs.

The headlights are Sat waiting to be refitted (one needs breaking and the projector transferring to a new headlight).

Whilst all my looms are out I decided to go over and wrap them with fabric loom tape as I didn't have any when I installed them. I also decided to tidy up the radio loom, removing all the chocolate blocks and shortening, soldering and heatshrinking all the connections.

I then decided to spray my Mist washer jets "bumper black" and then lacquered them. After that, I got carried away with the paint (or maybe the fumes) and decided to paint my HID ballasts black as to not draw so much attention in the engine Bay. One of them was invisible when installed but I got fed up with the other and ziptied it onto the battery tray and never moved it! Haha ! Been a busy day all things considered

• Like 1

Had a delivery or 3 today! Just need a car now :(

post-57403-142748120336_thumb.jpg

post-57403-142748121166_thumb.jpg

Tuesday was a GOOD day!!! Bought a 2004 (54 plate) Fiesta mk6 Flame in aqaurius blue!! Just ticked over to 88000 when I got home! Except from a small rust spot on the offside wing (will be replaced with the undamaged wing off the old car) the bodywork is almost perfect! Needs a good wash though, although it'll get a real good one Wednesday after I've refitted all my mods and facelift lights with HIDs, one of which I have just rebuilt in a new headlight

It has Rear heated screen & heated mirrors (but manual mirrors. I will be converting these to electric in the coming weeks using parts of the old car.) Unfortunately no heated windscreen but I may add this if anything happens to the current one.. I just happen to have a spare heated one and all the relays and switches etc.

It also has the small little spoiler which my previous car didn't have.. £200 saved! Aha

I'll post some pictures once she's looking presentable! Definately looking forward to Ford fair now!!!! :D

• Like 3

Nice one mate, look forward to pics and updates. :)

• Like 1

Great to hear. Looking forward to pictures :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club