Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fair 2015 - Who's Going?

alexp999

We have not long left we were the last 3 cars left on our stand.

• Like 1

Ok guys it was great convoy all the way, thoroughly enjoyed .great bunch of guys & great cars in different ways.

Also nice meeting all guys on stand.

Shows what brilliant club it is . Nice meeting gingerflame, phil 87, charles, guys with 11 plate focus in convoy, Danthorpe, Constable Clive Lol!(stoney) & usual pree & salsheikh.

Ps never got my ride in pree's car around the track.

Here is the few cars pics i took.

Btw no dis respect those ive met not mentioned as cant remember.

Yunii

post-39671-143853859356_thumb.jpg

post-39671-143853861696_thumb.jpgpost-39671-143853861696_thumb.jpgpost-39671-143853864561_thumb.jpgpost-39671-143853867129_thumb.jpg

And across the road is mine

post-39671-143853875552_thumb.jpg

post-39671-143853883639_thumb.jpgpost-39671-143853883639_thumb.jpg

post-39671-143853889174_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

It was a great day although once again I made the mistake of not meeting many people. Arrived too late to be fair, and by the time I had parked up and cleaned my car a bit we started wandering off in different directions haha.

I was Parked second in from the back next to Phil :)

Anybody else find traffic management outside Silverstone a complete shambles?

Yeah it was a bit shocking, but I don't know if it was just the organisers being too slow to get people through or the sheer number of people trying to get in at the same time.

Wondered who's they were :(

I hate to say it but I'm quite shy! Haha, hence why I wasn't running up to people saying hi and talking like a few other members where! Was great to meet those of you who I met

I have the same problem stopping me from just walking over to people and saying hi. I Enjoyed organising the convoy though and hope you guys didn't mind when I kept randomly overtaking cars and picking the worst times to get into the correct lanes with 6 Fords following me lol.

Looking forward to next time or any other shows / meets that I might come to :)

• Like 2

Yh it was my blue st my broyher in laws focus st170 and his brothers rs.

A made mistake of taking pics of other cars but not mines haha

• Like 1

It was a great day although once again I made the mistake of not meeting many people. Arrived too late to be fair, and by the time I had parked up and cleaned my car a bit we started wandering off in different directions haha.

Yeah it was a bit shocking, but I don't know if it was just the organisers being too slow to get people through or the sheer number of people trying to get in at the same time.

I have the same problem stopping me from just walking over to people and saying hi. I Enjoyed organising the convoy though and hope you guys didn't mind when I kept randomly overtaking cars and picking the worst times to get into the correct lanes with 6 Fords following me lol.

Looking forward to next time or any other shows / meets that I might come to :)

The random overtaking was fun! Broke the journey up! Although I was a little confused with the 60/70 through 50 average speed zones? Or are they not very accurate? :) first time on a motorway today that's all! You've all helped me get alot more confident & wised up!

• Like 1

The random overtaking was fun! Broke the journey up! Although I was a little confused with the 60/70 through 50 average speed zones? Or are they not very accurate? :) first time on a motorway today that's all! You've all helped me get alot more confident & wised up!

I think the speed differences where were just because we sometimes got a bit separated and you all had to catch up, but I was sticking to 55 on my speedo which is about 50 so our average speed would have been ok. It must have been quite an experience though if that was your first motorway journey lol.

And did your clutch survive after you said it started slipping?

• Like 1

I think the speed differences where were just because we sometimes got a bit separated and you all had to catch up, but I was sticking to 55 on my speedo which is about 50 so our average speed would have been ok. It must have been quite an experience though if that was your first motorway journey lol.

And did your clutch survive after you said it started slipping?

Fair enough! That makes sense.

It was certainly an experience! I really enjoyed it to be honest!

The clutch was fine when we left and has been since... So it maybe just got too warm on the last stretch? After all.. its an 11 year old car and it got its neck rang for god knows how many miles! :)

I really have had a really good, enjoyable weekend :)

• Like 1

i will have to join the convoy next year, felt left out with following ST and RS's up the M1 in the zetec S :P

• Like 1

The clutch was fine when we left and has been since... So it maybe just got too warm on the last stretch? After all.. its an 11 year old car and it got its neck rang for god knows how many miles! :)

Yeah that's probably it, I know a lot of the time I was slipping the clutch every few seconds just creeping forward, but I suppose the clutch on the ST or all new Fiestas can take more punishment before overheating. Maybe the best thing to do in that situation is to wait for a small gap ahead so you can drive for a bit without slipping the clutch every couple of seconds.

Yeah that's probably it, I know a lot of the time I was slipping the clutch every few seconds just creeping forward, but I suppose the clutch on the ST or all new Fiestas can take more punishment before overheating. Maybe the best thing to do in that situation is to wait for a small gap ahead so you can drive for a bit without slipping the clutch every couple of seconds.

That's what I started doing towards the end, or I'd just coast forwards (don't tell Clive, haha).

It properly started slipping once going up the final sliproad

So great day at ford fair sadly didn't get to meet any of you fantastic people but I did manage to do the first modification to my car

post-61819-143854717319_thumb.jpg

post-61819-143854718499_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

We noticed a Fiesta ST with a sunroof and this confused us a bit lol. But I think I figured it out, in America they have a sunroof because it's like a requirement or something even when they have air con. So maybe they swapped the whole roof or it was actually an American car (didn't notice if it was left had drive).

We noticed a Fiesta ST with a sunroof and this confused us a bit lol. But I think I figured it out, in America they have a sunroof because it's like a requirement or something even when they have air con. So maybe they swapped the whole roof or it was actually an American car (didn't notice if it was left had drive).

One passed on way.

Yunii

Yet another great day fantastic weather and some lovely cars to admire. Good to meet up with a few of you again and for the first time as well. Looking forward to next year now 363 days and counting (assuming 31st July next year)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Great day yeah last 3 cars to leave like to make a day of it lol, good to see other peoples cars

Great day yeah last 3 cars to leave like to make a day of it lol, good to see other peoples cars

I think you had the right idea leaving later, we left when everyone else was and there was lots of traffic. But if I left any later I would probably be falling asleep at the wheel after getting up at 3:30am lol. Another reason to stay nearby the night before.

• Like 2

1:45 over here :( & I didn't sleep -_-

I found it hard enough getting up at 4:45am, lol.

Slept for nearly 10 hours last night, and still wasn't really ready to get up for work.

Didn't help that despite trying to go to bed early the night before I couldn't actually get any sleep...

I got up at 5 with just 2 hrs sleep that was hard work but well worth it.

• Like 1

I only had 3 hrs sleep was wide awake all day till i set off .half way my eyes were straining so sprinkled water & carried on without stopping.

Truly shattered but a great day meeting great guys & fantastics all across.

Yunii

I was wiped out by Taunton (M5) and had to stop for a coffee.

Started losing my concentration which is not good at all.

Quick 40 minute stop and I was right as rain again.

• Like 2

Am heading home today Tata 6hrs odd to go ! Haha

• Like 2

I slept like a log last night... Premier inn definately won't be giving me my money back! Haha

Setting off at about 11 to meadowhall

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club