Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

£100 Parking Ticket!

jeebowhite

Well the money is back in my account :-D I won!

In future if anyone gets a ticket, raise a complaint to the landowners, ask them to review CCTV and explain how it could be a mistake.

In my case they saw that it was an honest misunderstanding and didn't want to spend hours investigating to persecute and so overturned the fine.

• Like 5

Wow, this is great result!

Kudos to land owner for helping you in you fight.

Thanks fella. Yeah it was indeed. I'm glad it's finally over, but it's very frustrating to have to go through it. It's easy to see why people give up, as I did, you don't want it being billed at the higher rate, but as they themselves rejected my appeal (having read only one part) then got Overturned by the land owner, there was a tone of embarrassment in the voices of the appeals team...

Was they actually the landowner? As the same rule can apply when the store is not the landowner, for example when the store is on a retail park, so the store does not own the parking facilities.

I had to go through it twice when I was contracted to 2 different B&Q stores to carry out a refit, one in coventry, one in nottingham.

Coventry was first, think there was a 4 hour limit in place and I overstayed up to 7 hours. The standard procedure is that when I arrive at a site, I report to a manager/customer services, provide them with my registration number and they provide it to the parking company, in both cases it was parkingeye. This grants me the same parking privelages as any other store colleague and I am allowed to park there freely for as long as it takes to complete the work I am tasked with so I basically have diplomatic immunity in parking terms while on site.

So I arrived on site, gave my reg in twice in fact during the course of the shift, completed the work and was there for around 7 hours. Drove home then a week later I receive a nasty letter saying I had overstayed and demanded 100 of the queens pounds, or 60 if I coughed up within two weeks. Even though I'd covered myself by providing my reg.

Wasn't sure how to proceee so I appealed it and told them I was working there and gave them my employers full contact details and told them to contact them to verify it. Received a second letter from them, saying that I've claimed to have been working there and to provide them with evidence in the form of a signed job sheet.

I told them that as I wasnt teamleading that day i wasnt provided with a job sheet as only the TL gets that and as they are not competent enough to contact my employer themselves I would get my employer to contact them instead. Told my employer, gave them the details and they told parkingeye both in writing and via phone that I was working there and that I was allowed to park there.

Received a third letter from them, ignoring my employer and saying that as I have not provided them with evidence as they asked they are refusing my appeal, I now owe em 100quid n its either pay up, go to county court or appeal through popla.

Appealed througu popla, told them everything, how I was contracted to the store, that I'd provided my reg twice to parkingeye at the time so I was classed as a colleague and allowed to park there and that my employer had told them this.

Expected it to go no further but no, popla actually sided with parkingeye, said that the signs was clearly visible stating the time limit, that I had breached the terms and that i didnt provide them with the signed jobsheet that doesnt exist. They said though they sympathise that I might of misunderstood how to proceed when arriving on site that it was down to me to find out and that as I didnt follow procedure the fine still stands.

When I did follow procedure, told them how I did and they was just trying to pull a fast one. And stating that the signs are clearly visible is irrelevant as while I'm working on site the signs do not apply to me.

After a great deal of faff I drove back to the store, spoke to someone in admin who faxed a copy of the fine to HR and they contacted parkingeye to say that I was working there, that I was allowed to park there and that they need to throw out the fine. Which they finally did after faffing about for 2months chasing me for it. But then after all that they then tried to say that because I didnt provide the evidence at the start (which I did) and had to go through popla they had incurred charges and that I now need to pay em 30pounds.. Ignored this and didnt hear any more of it.

Second time was in notts, again followed procedure and again received a fine (well not a fine but a parking charge). This time didnt even bother appealing it. Drove straight back to the store. Spoke to a helpful manager who picked the phone, got straight onto em as I stood infront of her, had a right go at them going pretty mad, told them I was a store colleague and told them to cancel the fine quite angrilly. She told me they keep trying it all the time with her full time staff as well but if was sorted now and I never heard anymore from them.

They are just Richard turpins of the modern day aren't they!

They just love to make easy money and how much easier can you get than bullying Joe public, because unless they have every piece of paper they demand, no other evidence is satisfactory. You could provide them CCTV for 7 hours of you doing your job but it's not what they demand.

They are clowns and thieves and that view will not change in my eyes. Council I believe is different, they have more sense and overall are more fair but private companies, I would line up their decision makers....

Now that's an idea... Provide them with a full days worth of footage and tell them to sit and watch that!

• Like 1

Well the petition site is back up.

will get it typed up over the next few days, new thread incoming.

You haven't linked the petition yet lol

Need to create the petition first, need the creativeness of FOC to cover all corners, then everyone to distribute the link all over this FB and twitter etc.

Ban private parking and assign it all to councils. That would be my preferred option. Though what I really want is to ban all stupid parking regulations, by all means those of the highway code but just because your parked somewhere that is private land and isn't to spec should not be penalised.

Introduce standards everyone must follow.

If it's not a local council there isn't any way for them to enforce the "fine". Private companies have no right to charge you, especially £100!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can and do take you to court citing breach of contract

Fines issued on private land are actually an invoice for costs.

If you don't pay they pursue it via small claims court and may request a ccj.

• Like 1

However if they refer to it as a fine, are you able to get through it due to a loophole as they are not legally allowed to call it a fine?

Is this in England or Scotland btw? In Scotland these companies have no power. I have personally phoned one of these companies in a similar situation stating that I will not pay and to stop harassing me with letters through my door. It soon stopped, I've not been contacted since

Is this in England or Scotland btw? In Scotland these companies have no power. I have personally phoned one of these companies in a similar situation stating that I will not pay and to stop harassing me with letters through my door. It soon stopped, I've not been contacted since

I think it's more or less the same in England. Unless you agree to pay then they can't force you to. The only problem is the risk of county court judgements as far as I know.

• Like 1

I think they try and avoid that themselves as it costs more money to go through the process than the original "fine"

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club