Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Mk3 Boot Leak?

WES180
聽Share

Reviving it a little bit馃槀 got water coming down from above both rear lights, the sealant from factory on the seams is all cracked I'm assuming that's the cause of my leak and possibly around the hinges. What sealant would everyone recommend?

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually going to post my own similar problem then I saw yours.

I've had my 61 plate Focus a few years now and I was getting a little water in the boot before but this year it's got really bad. I'm also getting it in the rear footwells too.聽

It's also causing a worse problem now as my boot lid keeps popping open intermittently, bizarrely when I twist the light bezel it can pop open too. I've also just noticed that my number plate light is on dimly constantly with the car switched off and fully locked.

I'm going to wait to see in the better weather if it dries out and the car starts behaving, or if its a different problem. Once the car dries out in spring I'll going to take the rear lights out to see if the seals are shot. Someone also mentioned that these cars can leak from air vents situated behind the rear bumper. Is that correct?

Any help would be much appreciated regarding these issues.聽

Read all above. You will see what the issues are and how they are resolved.聽

10 hours ago, Oldson said:

Read all above. You will see what the issues are and how they are resolved.聽

No I meant more specifically the strange issue I'm having with the boot lid popping open when I twist the light switch and also popping open on its own.聽

The reason I put it on this post is I think it has something to do with the water getting in to something electrical.聽

• 2 weeks later...

here is the problem with the water leaks in the Mk3 models

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, where is this drainage bung in the wheel arch?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club