Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New member, new car!

Silent Shark

Hello,

I've just joined the site after finding it a few weeks ago while doing research. Today I ordered my first ever new car. A Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Petrol 3 door in Sea Grey, with the Tech Pack, Interior Pack 2, ESP, 7 spoke alloys and the Full Dress-up kit. I'm very excited. Sadly I have to wait until November before it arrives :( .

Anyway, I've managed to find answers to most of my questions here, but have a few more questions that I haven't yet got an answer for...

Will the car play WMA files off a USB drive? Most of my music is WMA, and I don't want to have to convert it all. The dealer said he wasn't sure.

And some people here lost the chrome grill when getting the Dress-up kit, and some didn't. With it being a factory order does anyone know which grill they will fit?

Also, has anyone tried connecting an Archos media player to the USB? It would be nice if they worked with the car, as it would save me buying a USB stick.

Finally, has anyone got a photo of the illuminated gearstick and sills from the Interior Pack 2? I've only seen them in the brochure. It would be nice to see how they look in a real car!

Thanks very much.

Happy motoring!

Don't have the answers to your questions but hello, good evening and welcome :)

Hi Shark - welcome to the site. Lovely spec you've gone for, the wait isn't so bad really - I promise, I'm hopefully in the last week of a 13 week wait.

Re WMA files - I was interested to know if the car could read AAC files. It seems it can't, it's MP3 only, which would suggest that your WMA files won't work either.

The dress up kit should eliminate the chrome grill surround, I haven't seen a dressed up car with it on, can you find an image of what you're referring to?

Archos, who knows - I would hope that it works but can't say for sure.

Don't have the answers to your questions but hello, good evening and welcome :)
Hi Shark - welcome to the site. Lovely spec you've gone for, the wait isn't so bad really - I promise, I'm hopefully in the last week of a 13 week wait.

Re WMA files - I was interested to know if the car could read AAC files. It seems it can't, it's MP3 only, which would suggest that your WMA files won't work either.

The dress up kit should eliminate the chrome grill surround, I haven't seen a dressed up car with it on, can you find an image of what you're referring to?

Archos, who knows - I would hope that it works but can't say for sure.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply :) .

Shame to hear about the AAC files, could be bad news for me. The only hope I have is that I think AACs are a bit less common than WMAs, so maybe...

With regards to the grill, I found a thread on here where people were discussing it, and a dealer seemed to suggest that all the cars he had ordered came with the chrome grill. It's nothing major, but it would be nice to know, as I would prefer the chrome.

Less common? I don't think so - anything bought from iTunes is in AAC, I have a tiny number of WMA files and gigs and gigs of AAC :lol:

You won't have a chrome grill as you have the dress up kit. It's an entirely different shape once the chin spoiler is added. You will have chrome fog lights however...and the front splitter which is only found on Titaniums.

Hi and welcome to the club

Less common? I don't think so - anything bought from iTunes is in AAC, I have a tiny number of WMA files and gigs and gigs of AAC :lol:

You won't have a chrome grill as you have the dress up kit. It's an entirely different shape once the chin spoiler is added. You will have chrome fog lights however...and the front splitter which is only found on Titaniums.

Well yes, inside the world of iPods, iPhones and iTunes, AACs are common, as that's what Apple use to implement their DRM. Outside of that world though, I find few AACs. I could be totally wrong though. I only have a small, limited collection of music, so I'm probably far from representative of the general masses :P .

Shame to hear that I'll be losing the chrome. I can't find that topic I read that said the chome bit was a seperate part to the rest of the bumper, so it can be left on with the rest of the kit being fitted around it. I suppose I'll find out in a couple of months! I probably could buy one later if I prefer it.

Thanks for your help!

I'm no use to you technically either, but I can offer you a nice welcome too :D lol I hope your wait isn't too painful!

Thanks for all the welcomes :) .

I've thought of a new question! Does anyone know how many keys I'll get for the car with the keyless system (part of the tech pack)? I'm guessing the remote keys are expensive and they will only give me one, so I'm worried if I lose the main key and only have a standard spare how will I start the car!?

Sorry for all the questions. It's something I seem do when I want something a lot, I feel the need to know everything about it beforehand!

damn! i bought the front lip off the zetec s kit for my titanium fiesta, couldnt understand how its never going to look like it fits, now i know! anyone want to buy it off me?

The Archos should work as it shows up as a harddrive on PCs so you'd probably just have to worry about navigating around the folders on it.

Also, welcome to the club!

Welcome to the mad house Silent Shark

If you want to see how your car is going to look in reality then have a look at JAR's pictures as he ordered more or less what you are getting (although he had the X Pack fitted too so has got the 17" alloys)

Have to say that the wait should not prove to be that bad in reality - I ordered mine 11 weeks ago today and hopefully my car will be at the dealers within the next week to 10 days and it has flown past (although have to say I will not believe that it is real until it is sitting at the dealers awaiting my collection)

Welcome!

I have no answer to the questions, but welcome to the club. I'm sure JAR another member could answer your questions but he seems to have disappeared since getting his car!

Poohbear

Welcome!

I have no answer to the questions, but welcome to the club. I'm sure JAR another member could answer your questions but he seems to have disappeared since getting his car!

Poohbear

I have just messaged him on Facebook to tell him to get back here . . .

I have just messaged him on Facebook to tell him to get back here . . .

facepalm1.gif

Still no sign of him though - although I see Johnny87 has resurfaced

I'm new here too, i'll put a full biog up with pics when I have some worthy of the internet. I just thought I chip in with the tech stuff for Silent Shark.

I have a Tango 1.6 petrol Titanium with the tech pack, full dress kit and 7 spoke 16” wheels ;)

I can confirm WMA files don't work via USB (something to do with it being a proprietary Microsoft codec "Window Media Audio" – incidentally AAC is "Apple Audio Codec" based on MP4)

Also I got 2 remote fobs with the keyless entry on my car

See you soon for a formal welcome in my own thread. I’ve had my Fiesta since December so might be able to answer a few other queries too

Thanks for all for the help.

I've bought a tiny USB stick to leave in the port, so I don't have to worry about the Archos (it has a weird folder structure, hence why I asked if anyone had tried it). I'll have to convert all my wmas to mp3s. Ah well, not the end of the world.

Thanks slappyhaze for the info about remote fobs.

I had a look ant JARs pics and Youtube vids. My car will be the same except for the X pack (not a fan of leather nor the 17" alloys), so I got some good impressions of how it will look when it arrives. The missing chrome at the front is easily offset by the improved looks of the dress-up kit, so I'm happy.

Once again, thanks all!

Hi,

One new member more :)

Little off topic but are you intrested to see "Individual Red Leather" interior pack in real? I got one :D

I can take some pictures for you.

Must say that Fiesta with: color: Morello, Individual Red Interior, Body styling kit is all most "best" what you can have.

I also istalled little mirroring film to rear side and rear windows and wind deflectors from ClimAir to all four side windows.

Sorry my english, I'm Finnis :)

Hi,

Little off topic but are you intrested to see "Individual Red Leather" interior pack in real? I got one :D

Must say that Fiesta with: color: Morello, Individual Red Interior, Body styling kit is all most "best" what you can have.

I also istalled little mirroring film to rear side and rear windows and wind deflectors from ClimAir to all four side windows.

Hi Toybox - welcome to the asylum!

Morello you say? That will please a certain someone on here! At least it's far enough away not to bother him...in Finland.

hyvä hyvinvointi ja onnellisuus jotta te toybox

Good evening Toybox; Silent Shark and Slappyhaze.

Unfortunately for me I can only greet you guys in English but nontheless welcome.

I agree with the others regarding the chrome surround on the front as I too have the dress up kit and was slightly disappointed to see that this deletes the chrome.

I could only understand a welcome in English, so I'm fine with that :P !

Another question if you would be so kind... Does the mp3 player support playlists of any kind? I would like to be able to listen to music in multiple folders without having to navigate through them myself. Is it possible?

Thanks.

Hi,

Welcome to the madhouse Toybox - I do like the sound of your car - you need to put up some pcitures of it, especially with the mirroring film on the windows . . .

I could only understand a welcome in English, so I'm fine with that :P !

Another question if you would be so kind... Does the mp3 player support playlists of any kind? I would like to be able to listen to music in multiple folders without having to navigate through them myself. Is it possible?

Thanks.

The stereo will play songs in multiple folders, it plays through all of them in order or shuffled. It doesn't support playlists though.