Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New member, new car!

Silent Shark

The stereo will play songs in multiple folders, it plays through all of them in order or shuffled. It doesn't support playlists though.

So you can shuffle all the music in all the folders, or play in order all the music in all folders...

Can you shuffle/play all in just one folder? If it can do this I can live without playlists ;) .

Thanks.

So you can shuffle all the music in all the folders, or play in order all the music in all folders...

Can you shuffle/play all in just one folder? If it can do this I can live without playlists ;) .

Thanks.

I think so, MP3 CDs have a shuffle folder option.

USB was a main reason I part ex'd my mark 6.5 for the mark 7!! I use it everytime I drive, but prefer to just play a folder/album.

Here's an example of my structure, feel free to use it: (the > is when you press the middle "OK" button or the Right arrow)

Artist>

Album(s)>

Tracks

Example picked at total random:

Beastie Boys>

Hello Nasty>

01 Super Disco Breaking

02 The Move

etc.

And this works really well, except I have to group artists together to make navigation easier, i.e all A&B artists in the same top folder, then I only have to scroll say 20 names. I use a 40Gb hard drive so having all of them in the root could be a pain!!! ;)

Even though I tend not to use playlists, I'm sure it supports .m3u. Also it understands ID3 tags AND file structure, I think preferring the tags and using file names if not present. My tags are all over the place but the file names are perfect

If you need clarification, I'm happy to help. I'm still working on the voice commands for the external device.

USB was a main reason I part ex'd my mark 6.5 for the mark 7!! I use it everytime I drive, but prefer to just play a folder/album.

Here's an example of my structure, feel free to use it: (the > is when you press the middle "OK" button or the Right arrow)

Artist>

Album(s)>

Tracks

Example picked at total random:

Beastie Boys>

Hello Nasty>

01 Super Disco Breaking

02 The Move

etc.

And this works really well, except I have to group artists together to make navigation easier, i.e all A&B artists in the same top folder, then I only have to scroll say 20 names. I use a 40Gb hard drive so having all of them in the root could be a pain!!! ;)

Even though I tend not to use playlists, I'm sure it supports .m3u. Also it understands ID3 tags AND file structure, I think preferring the tags and using file names if not present. My tags are all over the place but the file names are perfect

If you need clarification, I'm happy to help. I'm still working on the voice commands for the external device.

That's some great info, thanks! That folder structure is exactly how Windows Media Player will sync it to my USB stick, so I should be able to just do exactly what you do (except for the grouping folders. I only have about 8GB of music, so hopefully won't need to scroll as much). The news about ID3 tags is good to hear too. That would suggest that m3u would be supported too, which would allow me to do exactly what I want with the player.

I think that's all my questions answered for now I think. I can't find any pics of the illuminated gearstick or sills in the Interior Pack 2. I'll have to wait and see when the car eventually arrives what it's like. I'll post photos of course :) .

Just got to wait for 2 months. Hopefully there will be no delay...

Hello,

1. I found out from menu "bt audio". I can access to this from AUX and Audio settings.

But how can I use or enable it?

I have two mobiles, HTC Touch HD (WinMo) and Nokia E51. Bot are working fine as phone with HF but not with bt audio.

Both supports bt audio streaming with other radios.

2. Some, here in forum, are talking about firmware version, is there some way to check it? And what it should be (latest?). Maybe some code to or similar?

My car was ordered on December 2008.

3. Is it true that USB supports only USB 2.0? With USB 1.0 stick it stops playing randomly but same songs are working when I use USB 2.0 stick.

4. My HTC mobile is chargin via (mini) USB but Nokia is not. I believe that this is the reason why it doesn't regonize HTC as USB disk drive. Nokia does work but I hate Nokia :ph34r:.

I will take pictures on weekend for you. Film what I have insalled is by GlassGard (Sunfilm Group) and modell Endurance 14. Depending of angle you might see inside or might not. True reason for choosing this film was that I have two dogs. And this film refuses 13% of sun light, this is much more than many other films.

Regards,

-Toybox

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club