Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Warranty ... When Is Runs Out (the Day I'm Dreading!)

L22EEW

My warranty will run out in March 2016, that is when I begin to worry about things going to pot :o

Who has taken out an extended warranty on their vehicle... with a 3rd party company like Warranty direct, Warranty Wise, etc?

Pros & Cons?

The main thing that concerns me is the Turbo "going" on my EcoBoost. To which I know can cost a small fortune to replace. Just want that "peace of mind" to continue come March 2016 ;)

I guess it depends on the cost of the extended warranty?

Whether it is more cost effective to put the amount in a bank account as your own insurance...

The downsides of 3rd party warranties include that the car must be serviced in accordance with the manufacturers policies & quite often deductions are made for '' wear & tear '' and '' existing problems '' and '' consequential damage '' and some excesses can be excessive :angry:

Some companies are better than others, so do your research first, as at the end of the day, it's an insurance policy & some policies are better than others :)

One way to avoid warranty issues is to change cars every 2 years & 364 days & possibly maximise residual value :)

I've read some policies ain't worth the paper there written on.

Personal I just put money aside each month once my cars are outside of warranty.

That said my mates a mechanic so I usually only need to by parts.

I also get my car serviced by other garages using genuine parts.

How many ecoboost 1.0 turbos do you know of have failed as a percentange to the vehicles on the road that use 1.0 ecoboost?

All Fords in SA come with a standard 4 year 120k km warranty, and a 4 year 60k km service plan, I'm guessing we are paying for it in the cost price of the vehicle, is the UK warranty only 2 years?

I don't think I can upgrade mine from 3 years to 5 years. As I purchased it from a private seller in February this year, they didn't take the option of extending the warranty.... or am I incorrect ?

Might be worth seeing if your local dealer can extend the warranty at all.

When we were looking at cars my local dealer quoted a price for extending the warranty if we bought it from somewhere else, so not quite sure how it works...

According to Frauds website extended 4 and 5 year warranties can only be purchased up to the date of the vehicle's first registration - which I take as new

A friendly stealer may offer a aftersales deal ?

• Like 1

It is the used car warranty they were quoting, rather than the initial upgrade when new.

But we got it thrown in by the dealer we bought from in the end anyway.

According to Frauds website extended 4 and 5 year warranties can only be purchased up to the date of the vehicle's first registration - which I take as new

A friendly stealer may offer a aftersales deal ?

LOL @ the puns made!

• Like 1

I believe you can now only buy the Ford 4 or 5 year warranty before the vehicle is registered. I upgraded mine to 5 year as I think I will probably keep the car past 3 years (probably 4) before buying a new one.

I collected mine from W.R.Davies in Wales, maybe a week later decided I wanted the extra 2 year warranty, ~£250 I think. NO local dealers would play ball, W.R sorted it no problem.

W.R. Davies Welshpool ( now Greenhous Ford ) is where I bought my MondeoTXS - a very good business i.m.o.

My warranty will run out in March 2016, that is when I begin to worry about things going to pot :o

Who has taken out an extended warranty on their vehicle... with a 3rd party company like Warranty direct, Warranty Wise, etc?

Pros & Cons?

The main thing that concerns me is the Turbo "going" on my EcoBoost. To which I know can cost a small fortune to replace. Just want that "peace of mind" to continue come March 2016 ;)

As it spins at 250,000 rpm flat out,failure will be sooner than later

Up to 248,000 rpm to be precise - almost twice the rpm of F1 cars & it's undoubtedly under great strain & could be the weak link in older high mileage vehicles

Edited by MONDEO TXS 2.2
  • Like 1

As with all engines no doubt correct maintenance & servicing is key :)

• Like 1

Just bank what it would cost you in monthly payments for a warranty. Anything relatively minor that crops up, even a clutch, would probably be covered with what you have put to one side after a while.

Anything more severe like a turbo would be worth arguing under SOGA if it went. Especially if you have not covered excessive miles and have maintained the car well. The other problem with extended warranties is that they refuse to payout if you forget to tell them that you farted last Tuesday at 14:17. :P :lol:

• Like 4

It's just a nagging worry that's all. As I've seen on a few FB pages, that people with relativity new EcoBoosts - are having their turbo's replaced due to failure. Mine is of course a 2013 plate, but with only 13k miles on the clock. I hardly boot/screw the car, or push the engine hard.

Quite a sensible driver... apparently the Fiesta think's i'm a "EcoChampion" :rolleyes:

Have you tried speaking to your local dealer to see if they can offer anything and the cost?

There is a guy in my street with a 1.0 ecoboost first batch that even came out 62 plate a think

Was talking to him the other week and says how he loves the car and he works around UK and Europe (inspector of something) Also has it remaped with bluefim and has a air intake of some kind too

Well anyway he was talking about mileage to me n went on to say he was on his 102,000 miles ....... A was like wow

He did say he wasn't worries he recons 150,000 miles before anything major and his last car was a diesel mondeo (said he was sick of tight spaces haha)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club