Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk2 1.8td - Heater Not Blowing Hot Air

kezzer

Hi,

Can anyone help me, lve got a 2000 W reg mondeo mk 2 td estate and its developed a problem, the interior heater is not blowing hot air, if l turn the heater control to the cold setting l can feel the air getting cooler and then when l switch the control back to fully hot it does feel as though it gets slightly warmer (just not so cold as cold setting but l would say not even slightly warm). The engine seems to get to full running temperature (the needle in the middle of the gauge) within a few miles and the needle stays in the middle of the gauge wether its a hot day or cold day but even when lve drove for hours the heater temp doesnt get any hotter. Am l correct in assuming that because its running at the correct temp that the theromstat is working ok ?

PS lts got air con so its got what appears to be a 2 wire connector on the back of the heater control and not cable driven like non air cars.

Thanks for any advice

Regards Kerry

Despite the needle on your temperature gauge showing a steady reading, it could still mean your thermostat could be faulty as in stuck open.

I would have your thermostat checked and your water pump looked over too.

Your car should get hot within seconds of switching your heater on, if the engine is cold then you should expect a 2 - 3 minutes wait to get warm air as the warmth from the heater comes from your engine

Hi,

Thanks for the information, yeh lve had loads of mondeo mk 2s (thats why l bought this one) and they got very hot straight away (lm sure this did when l bought it in april) and yeh l would say that the car is up to running temp by 2-3 minutes. lf the thermostat was stuck open wouldnt it blow hot air eventually when the engine and water got hot ? but not at the start as the cold water would be flowing through the heater matrix straight away before it got hot ? and with regards to the water pump if that had failed wouldnt the car overheat ?

Thanks again

If the thermostat is stuck open, you won't get hot air from the heater. Other possibilities are a blocked heater or an air-lock.

Have you disconnected part of the cooling system recently?

For the cost of a thermostat, I would change it now, before the weather gets much colder.

Tim

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club