Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ice Warning Light Problem

alluwo

Hi All,

Just bought myself a 56 plate Fiesta Zetec 1.25 petrol. Picked it up today and found that the red snowflake light is constantly on and the outside temperature is showing up as -36 degrees.

I know that the dealer I bought it from steam cleaned the engine before I purchased it so I'm guessing this is whats caused the light to come on.

Can anyone advise on the best course of action to take to rectify this and how much it may cost?

Thanks!!
Al

I'd take it back to the dealer & state that you want it fixed

Ordinarily I would do, but I've picked it up from a place in Cleckheaton which is a good 2.5 hour drive each way from where I'm based. If its a cheep / easy fix I'd rather get it done locally to save having to treck back up there. :ermm:

Probably water in the connection on temp sensor behind front bumper, bumper off and dry out , or could be coincidence, and sensor faulty. Dont know how much a sensor is but shouldnt be to expensive.

• Like 2

Thanks for that. Good to know it's nothing 'serious'. The car drives beautifully, suspension is a little heavy but I think it's getting ready for new offside shock as have seen on previous history that nearside Shock has been done already.

I'll probably purchase a new sensor or eBay and get someone who knows what to do to fit it.

I wouldn't jump to blame the steam cleaning so quickly. If the garage has used decent equipment then the steam will be pretty "dry" and should barely cause any condensation at all and what is there should dry within seconds due to the heat.

The heat that actually leaves the steamers isn't usually as hot as what's inside it.. so I cant personally see that causing a problem.

I've steam cleaned & detailed several fiesta engine bays and never had any problems. The only things I cover up is the alternator, batter, oil filler neck & dipstick

I wouldn't jump to blame the steam cleaning so quickly. If the garage has used decent equipment then the steam will be pretty "dry" and should barely cause any condensation at all and what is there should dry within seconds due to the heat.

The heat that actually leaves the steamers isn't usually as hot as what's inside it.. so I cant personally see that causing a problem.

I've steam cleaned & detailed several fiesta engine bays and never had any problems. The only things I cover up is the alternator, batter, oil filler neck & dipstick

What would you suggest it could be GingerFlame??

Just a dead sensor or corroded wiring. They're one of those parts that like to fail

There's plenty of threads on here saying "bought a fiesta, outside temperature wrong"

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I would call the dealer, explain the issue and request a local garage fix the issue and they pay the bill.

Just because you are far from the dealer, does not mean you have to vindicate your rights!

Get them to agree what cost they will pay for a diagnostics, and then get a garage in that budget and then sort out the repair. I have done this before and its a very easy process overall. A lot of dealers will try it n, but if you remind them of your rights, and a swift reminder that if the goods are not satisfactory quality, then you will be rejecting them (knowing they get the car back, same troubles and lose money - as you can request expenses within reason) - more often than not they will offer you the support.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club