Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Show Us Your Mk3.5!

roper993

On 2/21/2017 at 9:21 PM, avi said:

Lol the manual states -

"Climate Voice Commands (Optional)
To adjust the temperature, press the voice control button on the steering wheel and when prompted, say:"

The problem is there's no customer "option" in the UK to have this.

Thanks. I guess see what story is offered for the Active Grill removal and why no climate via touch screen or voice.  Sync II had both physical and touch options and other Ford models appear to offer both.  Voice is a safety feature and it seem odd to not have it given the big play on voice control.

Well I came back from Fords the same way I went.

No flippin' clue. Useless bunch. I guess that's Fords fault because they keep changing things.

Regarding AGS from what I understood in between the lines is this:  because the Focus, at least here in Spain and regarding the 1.5 tdci, has the emissions ok and under what the legislation says they didn't fit them with AGS anymore. And I think they don't really care anymore because they are going to launch the mk4 next year so they are cutting from the mk3.5 model. Like for example the ***** second light from the boot. They were baffled by the missing light. "Bring the car and we will dismantle the boot to see if the cables are there".... yeah right, no thx.

I checked in other cars and the new ones in the showroom didn't had a second light. I checked for AGS and no luck. 

In the showroom there was a C-max with 1.5 tdci 120hp Trend+ and it did had AGS. When I asked about it he said that it might have it because the emissions were not in between the limits so they added that to it. I don't know anymore, I was very fed up because I can't get a simple answer. I am thinking in writing an email to Ford España but I don't know...

And about the climate on the Sync 3 and voice commands no clue either.

And to make matters worse yesterday I washed the car proper-about 3 hours- decontamination, wax, and it rained this morning with sand (very rare we get clean water rain because the currents come from Africa and bring sand particles) so the car is dirty again, even more than before, so....Happy days.

One note, lately the regen is ***** me off, the fan stays on for a bit after switch off from time to time and we do long ish journeys. They said I don't have to worry. But that's the only thing that can go wrong. Thing is, because it has 6 speeds and the 6th it's long (at 70kph/43mph in 6th it doesn't like it, only from 80kph/50mph it's ok) it makes us drive more relax although the mpg doesn't show it. I would have loved to get the 1.5 ecoboost 150hp but i was to afraid of the fuel consumption. 

Overall we do like the car, it's not perfect, but none is so we will enjoy it for the next 3 years.

3 hours ago, avi said:

It's a lot different and I guess the graphics may be a bit like Marmite in that you either like it or don't lol.

That said Sync 3 is much cleaner and faster to use making it much more practical when driving.  More like using a modern tablet or smartphone particularly when using apps link with Spotify or other apps. Entering navigation info is much more intuitive similar to using google maps and being able to choose between Ford's or other ios or android app options is a nice touch.. 

I thought Sync II was OK and looked good but was more demanding and less practical to use due to small touch icons, slow/cumbersome input process and slow touch sensitivity/response could be frustrating especially when driving. 

The cars navigation doesn't work when you are using Android auto or Apple car play if you connect via usb cable and you have to, otherwise Andorid/Apple play doesn't work, at least not in  mine. It uses google maps instead. What I'm doing is, I connect via bluetooth to listen to TuneIn for example, when I want to use the cars satnav.

26 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

In the showroom there was a C-max with 1.5 tdci 120hp Trend+ and it did had AGS. When I asked about it he said that it might have it because the emissions were not in between the limits so they added that to it. I don't know anymore, I was very fed up because I can't get a simple answer. I am thinking in writing an email to Ford España but I don't know...

Lol - Sounds like the Ford dealers here.  Don't really know much beyond what is says in the brochure !

I swapped half a dozen emails with Ford UK and even requested an escalation to someone who could provide a plausible answer without the "marketing speak" (BS).

A recent response from Ford UK CRC stated -

"I have been in contact with our technical team in order to clarify this for you.

I have been advised that if this feature is not present on your vehicle from factory, this is not required. This feature is used to reach the appropriate engine temperature to decrease the emissions of the cars with this specific feature and to assist with the DPF regeneration of the vehicle."

After querying what this would mean for MPG and DPF life the final response was -

"I have gained a response in relation to the design with regards to the Active Grill Shutter. I have been advised that the reason for this change on this model is part of our continuous development refinement and  alignment philosophy of maintaining the value,   performance and market positioning of our products."

Lol Nice and clear then and just BS.

The dealer also approached the UK Ford brand team and to cut a long story short the real answer appears to be-

We did it because it's an expensive item and whilst it may screw with you real world MPG losing it doesn't mess with out published MPG because of the way it's conducted. It may mess with DPF regeneration but we don't warrant this item and we can pass the buck to you. So we get to save some money, still look good on the artificial MPG numbers and get below 100 g/Km emission. Hopefully any issues will get buried as this only applies to certain late models and there's a new version due.

Maybe Ford employed some of the guys who got fired from VW........

11 minutes ago, avi said:

Lol - Sounds like the Ford dealers here.  Don't really know much beyond what is says in the brochure !

I swapped half a dozen emails with Ford UK and even requested an escalation to someone who could provide a plausible answer without the "marketing speak" (BS).

A recent response from Ford UK CRC stated -

"I have been in contact with our technical team in order to clarify this for you.

I have been advised that if this feature is not present on your vehicle from factory, this is not required. This feature is used to reach the appropriate engine temperature to decrease the emissions of the cars with this specific feature and to assist with the DPF regeneration of the vehicle."

After querying what this would mean for MPG and DPF life the final response was -

"I have gained a response in relation to the design with regards to the Active Grill Shutter. I have been advised that the reason for this change on this model is part of our continuous development refinement and  alignment philosophy of maintaining the value,   performance and market positioning of our products."

Lol Nice and clear then and just BS.

The dealer also approached the UK Ford brand team and to cut a long story short the real answer appears to be-

We did it because it's an expensive item and whilst it may screw with you real world MPG losing it doesn't mess with out published MPG because of the way it's conducted. It may mess with DPF regeneration but we don't warrant this item and we can pass the buck to you. So we get to save some money, still look good on the artificial MPG numbers and get below 100 g/Km emission. Hopefully any issues will get buried as this only applies to certain late models and there's a new version due.

Maybe Ford employed some of the guys who got fired from VW........

They all are the same......

About regen...They said that the car will start it only when the optimal temperature is reached. To be honest the car heats up quite fast but I need to keep an eye on it. Monday I have to do a 60 miles trip so I will make sure it's up to temperature before I go so it will do it and I will have to drive only into 5th. Not good for mpg but tough.

1 hour ago, B0D0 said:

In the showroom there was a C-max with 1.5 tdci 120hp Trend+ and it did had AGS.

Maybe an old build or different in Spain ? 

Reg SN66 YUL is  a C-Max 1.5TDCI 120 currently for sale at a Ford UK dealer. ETIS states - "Less Radiator Shutters"

I've also seen a few others like this.

40 minutes ago, avi said:

Maybe an old build or different in Spain ? 

Reg SN66 YUL is  a C-Max 1.5TDCI 120 currently for sale at a Ford UK dealer. ETIS states - "Less Radiator Shutters"

I've also seen a few others like this.

Maybe. who knows. I remember that car being there since last year. 

3 hours ago, B0D0 said:

And to make matters worse yesterday I washed the car proper-about 3 hours- decontamination, wax, and it rained this morning with sand (very rare we get clean water rain because the currents come from Africa and bring sand particles) so the car is dirty again, even more than before, so....Happy days.

Sounds nasty and real PITA ! :wallbash:

What do you use to protect the paint from that?

8 minutes ago, avi said:

I use a good shampoo (Poorboys Slick and suds) and after I dry the car I use poorboys wax every now and than and after every wash poorboys quick detailer qd+.  And it keeps the paint spot on. From time to time I like to do a decontamination with FArecla body prep shampoo and 2 times a year I use a decontamination glove and a bit of Poorboys Polish with carnauba.  I never used a clay bar because I am too afraid. 

Problem is that I have to buy something for a dark colored car. What I have was good for the red Fiesta but it's not so good for this gray. I want a more deep gloss/ wet look.

The sand it's not that bad but I have to wash it again on Monday. It is bad if you would have a sunroof or a convertible because it will make the seals leak I think.

Over here we should get 300 days of sun a year but for some reason, every time a wash the car (90% of the time) it ***** rains after. And 90% of the time is with sand. Maybe all that washing it's some sort of an ancient rain dance or something, fa+k if I know. 

An example on the Fiesta.

IMG_20150321_174507.jpg

24 minutes ago, avi said:

I added some more photos in my album pls check it out, you might find something you like. 

First photo is the car washed from yesterday. I will take a photo later on and post it tomorrow... before and after like.

1 minute ago, B0D0 said:

Maybe all that washing it's some sort of an ancient rain dance or something, fa+k if I know. 

Lol so storm Doris is all down to you ! :w00t:

6 minutes ago, avi said:

Lol so storm Doris is all down to you ! :w00t:

Maybe, I hope not.

On 2/15/2017 at 3:16 PM, midnighttd said:

£165 

I asked over here and they are 200€ each + 200€ to be painted, so it will cost me 600€....oouch.

1 minute ago, B0D0 said:

I asked over here and they are 200€ each + 200€ to be painted, so it will cost me 600€....oouch.

Unlucky. 

Paint the standard ones you have already.

2 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

You have to ask for the MK3 ST skirts only these come from Ford prepainted in color and cheap...the skirts from Sport package for MK 3.5 facelift are 200€ each+ paint job

1 minute ago, midnighttd said:

Unlucky. 

Paint the standard ones you have already.

They can do it but it is not that easy. The plastic ones  are not smooth like the painted one so it's more time consuming to paint plus they will NOT give me warranty because they are not the right type. So...bad luck. I will keep looking or I will get them when I will have a bit of money to throw away....kinda.

2 minutes ago, Bannko said:

You have to ask for the MK3 ST skirts only these come from Ford prepainted in color and cheap...the skirts from Sport package for MK 3.5 facelift are 200€ each+ paint job

Hmmm on Monday I will ask them thx.

Or not. There is a problem. My car is magnetic grey and ST comes in  stealth gray. Not the same colour. 

Bad luck.

55 minutes ago, Bannko said:

Sorry i thought he knew it was ST sideskirts i bought.

I didnt buy zetec s skirts.

I bought mk 3, 3.5 st skirts prepainted. I was in luck as the ST comes in frozen white.

Im sure i posted the part numbers and receipt up in here.

32 minutes ago, midnighttd said:

I bought mk 3, 3.5 st skirts prepainted. I was in luck as the ST comes in frozen white.

I thought they were ST-line not proper ST. That's why the confusion. 

Are they different from the Zetec ones?

46 minutes ago, midnighttd said:

It seems that the RS comes in magnetic grey. Maybe I am lucky and I can get them already painted.

Are they easy to change? They fit the same? 

Here is my album updated photos of my Focus mk 3.5.

First photo was made yesterday 22/02/2017 after a proper wash and wax and today we had muddy rain so....back to square one.

Enjoy.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/gallery/album/2077-2017-ford-focus-titanium-15-tdci-120/

Here's my mk3.5 ..... before and after.....DSC_4083.JPGIMG-20170223-WA0003.jpgIMG-20170223-WA0004.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, B0D0 said:

Here's my mk3.5 ..... before and after.....DSC_4083.JPGIMG-20170223-WA0003.jpgIMG-20170223-WA0004.jpg

I prefer the before photo. 

Ford clear coat appears to be pretty soft and easily marred which is really a challenge to keep looking good especially on black. Given the sand have you considered a ceramic sealant or something like Fusso Coat ?  

58 minutes ago, avi said:

I prefer the before photo. 

Ford clear coat appears to be pretty soft and easily marred which is really a challenge to keep looking good especially on black. Given the sand have you considered a ceramic sealant or something like Fusso Coat ?  

The sand it's ok if removed soon after but what I always do is clean the windows and the wippers straight away.

I am looking at products for darker paints and carpro cquartz uk edition looks ok but it's a bit of a hassle to put on and that fusso it's tempting. 

The first one I might try because it has a bit of a scratch resistance. I always get scratches around the door handles because of people with rings or bracelets or even long nails....and I hate that.

I have to order something soon while the car is still scratch free.....ish

Some pics of mine.

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

2016 holiday snapshots..

Patiently waiting to get onto the overnight ferry from Hull

IMG_2517.JPG

Next night after taking full advantage of the German autobahn system  :smile:

IMG_2607.JPG

IMG_2608.JPG

IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

First wee break in Italy (other half pretending to read the map - we all know ladies can't and the SatNav performed flawlessly anyway)

IMG_2787.JPG

At Rome the Focus made a little friend...

IMG_3000.JPG

Nice Italian coffee stop

IMG_3121.JPG

but the kerb was higher than it looked!

IMG_3116.JPG

Lower Swiss kerb

IMG_3123.JPG

Sitting patiently for the ferry back home.

IMG_3132.JPG

2017 trips already booked.

IMG_2423.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club