Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Mods?

Mac9577

Mental block mate. I can't figure out how HIDS sit in place through the rubber seal/cap!?!?

14 hours ago, Cookey09 said:

Mental block mate. I can't figure out how HIDS sit in place through the rubber seal/cap!?!?

I cut around a £2 coin with a knife (in centre of the rubber cap), then the grommet on the HID Kit Fits in the hole you've just cut :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bit of a thread revival but here was the matching LED fog lights fitted :-)

Getting the front wrapped as per my poor Photoshop pic also attached..

IMG_20160613_220929.jpg

IMG_20160425_185712315_HDR.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya pal. 

Not heard from you in a while! How's things going? 

Im in the process of remodelling my front end... So HIDS are in this month. Couple of quick things though. 

How are yours holding up? Still performing well? 

If it's possible could you grab some photos of your wires and grommets running through your rubber seal cap? Did you have modify the bulb holder at all? Cut any metal tabs? Or fit them in upside down? 

I'm stuck on yours and some that GingerFlame (Kieron) has suggested. And I'm going by you two's review and rating only. Not done any research on HIDS direct or any site similar, purely because I don't know which would have to be fitted or modified to work correctly.

The ones Kieron has suggested are straight plug and play. Not modifying or anything. So I'm wondering if yours are the same and no real faffing apart from mounting them and cutting a hole in the rubber seal...? 

Also, after I've finished my front end off. I'm moving towards the rear. I'm going to purchase an ST rear diffuser/valance most probably from fordpartsuk, which I believe is already primed. What steps did you take to paint the diffuser part yourself? 

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_rear_bumper__stone_deflector_primed_2013_f_1819019_c_1180.htm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-FORD-FIESTA-ST-REAR-BUMPER-DIFFUSER-2012-ONWARD-MK-7-8-/391168508343?hash=item5b1375c1b7:g:6woAAOSwZd1VeFRf

Many thanks. Cookey. 

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:28 AM, Cookey09 said:

Hiya pal. 

Not heard from you in a while! How's things going? 

Im in the process of remodelling my front end... So HIDS are in this month. Couple of quick things though. 

How are yours holding up? Still performing well? 

If it's possible could you grab some photos of your wires and grommets running through your rubber seal cap? Did you have modify the bulb holder at all? Cut any metal tabs? Or fit them in upside down? 

I'm stuck on yours and some that GingerFlame (Kieron) has suggested. And I'm going by you two's review and rating only. Not done any research on HIDS direct or any site similar, purely because I don't know which would have to be fitted or modified to work correctly.

The ones Kieron has suggested are straight plug and play. Not modifying or anything. So I'm wondering if yours are the same and no real faffing apart from mounting them and cutting a hole in the rubber seal...? 

Also, after I've finished my front end off. I'm moving towards the rear. I'm going to purchase an ST rear diffuser/valance most probably from fordpartsuk, which I believe is already primed. What steps did you take to paint the diffuser part yourself? 

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_rear_bumper__stone_deflector_primed_2013_f_1819019_c_1180.htm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-FORD-FIESTA-ST-REAR-BUMPER-DIFFUSER-2012-ONWARD-MK-7-8-/391168508343?hash=item5b1375c1b7:g:6woAAOSwZd1VeFRf

Many thanks. Cookey. 

Hey Cookey, hope your well mate!

My HIDs are still amazing.. Look even better now i've bought the matching LED fog lamps as above.. Didn't have to do any cutting other than the small hole in the rubber seal cap. The grommet that fits in the hole comes as part of the HID set that ive bought (links in this thread to the ones I purchased).. No cutting of any metal tabs, and no changing of any mountings.. these really are plug and play!

My HID's are on Day and Night, wherever im driving.. they really set the car off as theyre pure white in the day, and a slight blue tinge at night..

Up to you, but you wont be disappointed by mine.. And like I say, Ive had no problems at all.

As for the rear diffuser.. I took the time and just sprayed it in the garage.. Because its such a small area, you wont notice the difference between a professional spray and your own handy work!! Just if your doing it yourself with a spray can.. do light sprays, and multiple coats.. As for the change over, the old one literally unclips and the new diffuser clips on! So simple and was fitted in 5 mins

Let me know how you get on!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Mac9577 said:

Hey Cookey, hope your well mate!

My HIDs are still amazing.. Look even better now i've bought the matching LED fog lamps as above.. Didn't have to do any cutting other than the small hole in the rubber seal cap. The grommet that fits in the hole comes as part of the HID set that ive bought (links in this thread to the ones I purchased).. No cutting of any metal tabs, and no changing of any mountings.. these really are plug and play!

My HID's are on Day and Night, wherever im driving.. they really set the car off as theyre pure white in the day, and a slight blue tinge at night..

Up to you, but you wont be disappointed by mine.. And like I say, Ive had no problems at all.

As for the rear diffuser.. I took the time and just sprayed it in the garage.. Because its such a small area, you wont notice the difference between a professional spray and your own handy work!! Just if your doing it yourself with a spray can.. do light sprays, and multiple coats.. As for the change over, the old one literally unclips and the new diffuser clips on! So simple and was fitted in 5 mins

Let me know how you get on!

Hi mate! Yeah, great thanks!

Brilliant! Have you got any pictures of them working at night? Onto the road? 

I'm ordering today or tomorrow! And ah right I see! Might have to give that a go myself too then! Spot on buddy! Thanks a lot! 

Will do fella! 

Cookey. 

• Like 1

Might be worth cutting your HID bulbs so that they fit in upside down as it were. Otherwise you end up with two black lines on the road because of the metal strip part of the bulb. Just cut the metal or plastic base of the bulb so that it has a tab the same as the top - easy :)

• Like 1

You dont always get a line with the HIDS.. depends on the bulb. My kit didn't give me any lines

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

Oh right I didn't realise that? If the metal part of the bulb is on the opposite side to the notch in the bulb holder you will end up with the lines. I hadn't seen any which were the other way around.

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 7:04 PM, CREED said:

Oh right I didn't realise that? If the metal part of the bulb is on the opposite side to the notch in the bulb holder you will end up with the lines. I hadn't seen any which were the other way around.

Yeah sorry bro, I've never had that problem with any of my HID kits either.. so mine were also plug and play.

Cookey.. How did you get on?

Not fitted mine as yet, will fit them next time I clean my car 😏 Will post pictures etc... 

8 hours ago, Mac9577 said:

Yeah sorry bro, I've never had that problem with any of my HID kits either.. so mine were also plug and play.

You might not have noticed it but it will be there if the bulb are the same design as in the post below :P

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65852-hid-fitting-caused-this-strange-issue/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club